Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Has any fan film ever be good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Honestly, the real basis for how hard to work is to think "if I had to work this hard all the time, would I lose my mind?" If the answer is no, then by all means dazzle your coworkers with your efficiency. But just don't set up expectations that you can't fulfill without grinding yourself into dust, which is what I was afraid was happening when you said you sped it up by a factor of eight.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
As we say in the “Working in Development” thread, “I like my job and want to do less of it”

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Don't make the mistake I did and become emotionally attached to your employer. Your best bet in terms of salary is almost certainly going to be bouncing around jobs every few years.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That is why you should never take stock options in lieu of cash

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/Octopimp/status/1230114797426888709?s=20

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

getting angry when you lose doesn't seem like a healthy mindset, even if you care about improving

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm I wonder if this is tied to the same mindset that prevents him from streaming with women lest people get the wrong ideas

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A popular, yet completely wrong, opinion.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/gracebruxner/status/1230130407170920449?s=19

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy poo poo Mount & Blade 2 is coming to early access in March.

https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade/status/1230258543959453696?s=20

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hope that becomes the next "you cheated not only the game but yourself"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The announcement trailer was seven loving years ago.

https://youtu.be/XLB9PlqkONo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Which name is worse, Fetusberry Crunch or "Ninja"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
but what if you game better when you're not angry??

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which name is worse, Fetusberry Crunch or "Ninja"

Ninja because it's boring af and he isn't even a real ninja.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Baller Time posted:

Has any fan film ever be good?

Troops

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That is why you should never take stock options in lieu of cash

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

idk it's a well-known phenomenon that when you perform exceptionally, "exceptional" becomes the new baseline for your future work. If the 8-fold speedup of doing a 2-day task in 2 hours is sustainable without driving yourself mad, then go for it being your baseline I guess. I just assumed that it wouldn't be because 8-fold performance increases rarely are
you'll likely just piss off your coworkers too, who know the scam and won't appreciate you revealing how long things actually take

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Accidentally ruining a line in Tetris Effect makes me fly into an uncontrollable rage. My fists slam the desk until my knucklebones shatter and pierce through my flesh and then I stab them into my monitor, Wolverine style, electrocuting myself with my own blood. This is the Path of the Gamer, and I shall walk it until I die

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hearing someone call nevada the battle born state and immediately in my mind launching into the hobby grade meme

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I finally finished Mass effect 3! The ending was good, I chose merge humans and machines . Not sure why I have been reading about a bad ending, for the past 6ish years.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was worse on release, then they released a patch/DLC to make it a bit better.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You awaken to find your catte sleeping on you. You need to get up. Do you:

A) Do nothing, as it may disturb them,

there's no other options, sorry

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hm. It was great until the credits, then the credits happened, then there was a stupid scene about 'tell me about the great Shepard, grandfather', and then ... it spat me back out into the game pre-assuault-cerberus-base? That was very weird! But I still enjoyed the ending.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So apparently I need to get 6 teeth extracted, going in for consult tomorrow. So RI-loving-P me
Literally don't give a poo poo what happens as long as I get a general anaesthetic because 'Dentists'

Picked up a Dual-shock Back Button Attachment. Taking a little bit of getting used to have extra buttons on the back, but it's making Arkham Knight much more tolerable now that I have a run button on the back and can hold the controller like a normal human being.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Songbearer posted:

You awaken to find your catte sleeping on you. You need to get up. Do you:

A) Do nothing, as it may disturb them,

there's no other options, sorry

What happens if I want to pet the catte?

Poorly written Choose Your Own Adventure imo

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

now I understand why people hate EGS

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Government work's been chill

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What was that game goons were playing like 5 years ago online maybe a flash game, where you drag and drop words to make sentences and everyone votes on the funniest one?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Huh

Record of Lodoss War x Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdmKbXx6gtU
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203630/

Lodoss War is such a weird franchise to me, because I only learnt years later that it's literally based off the chronicles of a D&D session.
Like long before your Acquisitions Incorporateds, Critical Roles, and Adventure Zones helped popularise D&D to western audiences there was Lodoss War.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i had a job where i worked very quickly and they did pile more on.. and i went along with it because it was 'fun' work

then one day they just stopped paying us

and then a couple of weeks later production halted completely

and then it took months of joining together and threatening legal action and then pursuing said legal action for them to actually pay us the rest of what we were owed. lol

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Tell me more about working for Crytek

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
Work is good because if you work you can get money to buy cat food to feed your cat.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
just steal the cat food

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i'm here to make an announcement, shadow the hedgehog is a bitch rear end mother fucker

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bloomberg is getting destroyed tonight but it doesn't matter because he'll claim he won and then the people he bought with his money will say he won and then his astroturfers will drown out all online discussion that he won and he will continue to climb

this doesnt have to do with the jobs thing, although bloomberg did say that workers being on the corporate board would be 'communism' like something montgomery burns would say

but he doesn't have the mech suit that mr burns had in the simpsons arcade game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What is an Ogliarchy for $500 please Alex

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pollyanna posted:

i'm here to make an announcement, shadow the hedgehog is a bitch rear end mother fucker

Mike Pollock's said he can't do that monologue because he'd get in trouble with Sega but I bet Jim Carrey would do it in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Pollyanna posted:

mods change my name to Two Balls and a Bong