Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

JT Jag posted:

I'm not sure how this debate is gonna shake out for everyone who isn't Bloomberg (who's a crater) or Warren (who will get a lot of good press) but I can say I'm pretty drat sure Sander's candidacy didn't take any hits tonight

Bernie stayed the course, I don't think he is going to gain or lose much here. Warren is probably going to gain some points, as she was a loving hammer in this debate. Klob will probably fall, which I think bodes well for Pete...sadly. Bloomberg well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
https://twitter.com/RAICESACTION/status/1230340748811198466?s=20

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

They're immediately re-running the debate if anyone wants to watch Warren come out swinging.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

JT Jag posted:

I'm not sure how this debate is gonna shake out for everyone who isn't Bloomberg (who's a crater) or Warren (who will get a lot of good press) but I can say I'm pretty drat sure Sander's candidacy didn't take any hits tonight

Bernie is always solid during debates, the destruction of bloomberg was the goal tonight and goddamn did that happen spectacularly.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Holy gently caress, MSNBC is saying everyone won. It's amazing.

Please tell me how they're spinning Bloomberg's performance. I have to know. I need it right in my veins.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So based on the usual tendencies, Warren did good so they'll declare her the frontrunner suddenly and Bernie did good so they'll not mention his name. Got it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Been working while the debate has been going on, how did everything turn out?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bought some more Bernie merch and tossed him some extra

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Couldn't donate a lot but chipped in $5 tonight!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Sydin posted:

Please tell me how they're spinning Bloomberg's performance. I have to know. I need it right in my veins.

"His campaign does not rely on debates"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Captain Invictus posted:

Everyone took turns murdering Bloomberg, Klob and Pete are going to go 12 rounds at the MGM Grand on Friday

Also, threw $50 to Bernie

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Also, consensus is Bloom loving crashed and burned, yeah?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'd do the standard $27, rationally I know it being debate night doesn't actually matter, I'll be able to donate again before the end of February

I got 50 on it for you brother.

Warren did pretty good, Bernie stayed strong and everyone else ate poo poo.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Please auto-qualify Bloomberg for all future debates, even the General Election debates, this was the most fun I've had watching these things ever

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

gently caress yeah

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm slightly worried that Warren will start to pull from Bernie's numbers. Best case is she starts to pull from Bloomberg and Bernie keeps rising too. I hate this whole process and I wish my brain wasn't broken.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Cpt_Obvious posted:

"His campaign does not rely on debates"

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

It was the Warren you always wanted, it was the Bloomberg you knew always was, it was Bernie as usual, it was the Pete and Klob that nobody wants.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil
Fox is saying Trump won lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ReidRansom posted:

He got loving ethered on multiple occasions

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Warren could get Bernie votes but I feel she played to undecideds instead so yeah, Bernie holding steady. She also played home court.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Couldn't donate a lot but chipped in $5 tonight!

Every $ helps, sibling!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1230335461870141440

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Captain Invictus posted:

Moderators asked if they're willing to vote against Bernie at the convention if he has the most delegates. They all said yes they will try to make someone else the nominee if that is that case. Also Bloomberg looked like a complete idiot as expected.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

everything is going to be ok

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
You know Bloomberg crashed hard when CNN hasn’t stopped talking about Bloomberg failing.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

I sincerely don’t know what the bullshit media consensus will be but I truly genuinely cannot imagine watching that debate and thinking he did ok

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

He got loving ethered on multiple occasions

I had household tasks, but everything I caught was brutal. He dead.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

mutata posted:

I'm slightly worried that Warren will start to pull from Bernie's numbers. Best case is she starts to pull from Bloomberg and Bernie keeps rising too. I hate this whole process and I wish my brain wasn't broken.

If Warren had been like this for the entire campaign, she might have pulled from Bernie. But spending six months triangulating and being a snake will have alienated leftist voters and her reputation has already alienated centrists. Unless she somehow swings a top 3 finish Saturday, tonight isn't going to be enough.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

mutata posted:

Sanders is projected to end the primary with a huge lion's share of delegates and the moderates are strategizing on convincing superdelegates the moderate position is the stronger one so Warren growing in support hurts Butt/Klob/Biden more than it hurts Sanders.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Nail Rat posted:

Has the candidacy ever gone to a candidate who wasn't ahead going into the convention?

Because holy poo poo if they do that I don't want to hear one loving word out of centrist assholes on FB blaming Bernie Bros.

Don't believe there's ever been a contested convention in the modern primary system (and front runners have lost at convention prior to that), but the only way we get to a contested convention is if some loser(s) breaks the usual protocol and refuse to get out of the race even after they're mathematically eliminated AND a substantial tranche of voters back those losers in a campaign whose only goal can be to destroy the Democratic Party.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil
Fox saying that 'in the big big picture' Trump won but in the 'Democratic picture' Bernie won.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

mutata posted:

She definitely is going to get some juice, but she burned that bridge to the left hard. A good debate performance isn't gonna repair that rift. Especially since she's been calling those same people assholes for the last couple of weeks.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Rad Russian posted:

Moderators asked if they're willing to vote against Bernie at the convention if he has the most delegates. They all said yes they will try to make someone else the nominee if that is that case. Also Bloomberg looked like a complete idiot as expected.

wait what the gently caress?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

absolutely no one is going to remember the weak attempts to take down bernie at the beggining

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lawrence O'Donnell thinks Mike Bloomberg had some strong moments.

loving laff-o.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Lawrence O'Donnell thinks Mike Bloomberg had some strong moments.

loving laff-o.

omfg ANYONE giving bloomberg any credit is a paid off shill

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think Bernie stays the same, which is fine since he's, ya know, winning, but Bloomberg and Klob's deaths are gonna help Warren, I hope she doesn't get too much of a surge since.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

DynamicSloth posted:

Don't believe there's ever been a contested convention in the modern primary system (and front runners have lost at convention prior to that), but the only way we get to a contested convention is if some loser(s) breaks the usual protocol and refuse to get out of the race even after they're mathematically eliminated AND a substantial tranche of voters back those losers in a campaign whose only goal can be to destroy the Democratic Party.

So Bloomberg then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/hay_maker/status/1230338010274828289?s=19