Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

American McGay posted:

I spent an embarrassing amount of my teenage years playing the Rush 2 stunt mode accomplishing absolutely nothing.

2049 on dreamcast for me, but yeh. I can't remember at all if there were goals???

I remember choosing maybe like wing size and car.....and then with a friend driving around and stuntin' and trying not to explode :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

For all Ubisoft's faults they generally include a ton of accessibility options.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

racing games i would like on my switch:
san francisco rush
rush 2 extreme racing usa
san francisco rush 2049

Man I thought that I was the only one who remembered these games. Also add beatles adventure racing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A new Cruis'n. N64 had so many good unique racing games.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

A new Cruis'n. N64 had so many good unique racing games.

I vaguely remember a VW Beetle racing game. Did anyone play that?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Social Animal posted:

I vaguely remember a VW Beetle racing game. Did anyone play that?

I did. It was fun and good. The Phantom Menace Podracing game owned too.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Beetle Adventure Racing ruled because every level had hidden paths and areas to explore and had bonus items you could find which unlocked custom skins (also a feature in Rush funnily enough). Tons of replay value for a generic little arcade racer.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So it's a good idea to shuffle through the demos every once in a while, it turns out I've been sleeping on Ori and the Blind Forest.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

YggiDee posted:

So it's a good idea to shuffle through the demos every once in a while, it turns out I've been sleeping on Ori and the Blind Forest.

oh dang a demo for that? checking it out right now :2bong:

even to fundamentally everything I've heard about the game makes it something I ain't gonna buy anytime soon

I'll enjoy free nice gameplay tho :)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's so pretty! :swoon:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah Ori is really good. It's Hollow Knight if it weren't ugly and bad. :twisted:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hollow Knight and Ori clearly have some sort of Yin-yang thing going on, both are amdrogynous silent critters, one is a fragment of void trying to destroy the light, one is a fragment of light trying to destroy the darkness.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I didn’t like Ori after the first few hours. The level design is pretty lovely.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

YggiDee posted:

Hollow Knight and Ori clearly have some sort of Yin-yang thing going on, both are amdrogynous silent critters, one is a fragment of void trying to destroy the light, one is a fragment of light trying to destroy the darkness.

one is a good game one is bad game

SeANMcBAY posted:

I didn’t like Ori after the first few hours. The level design is pretty lovely.

because this, at least the first ori anyways. seemed very much like a microsoft production.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ori is a fine metroidvania

It's no hollow knight though but that's an unrealistic standard

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Must games have 'good level design'? It it not enough for me to be a Weird Glowing Critter, fumbling my way through the spooky pretty woods?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Level design is extremely important in metroidvanias.

I disagree about Ori's level design being bad though. It's not stellar but the environments are fun to explore and the platforming is fun.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I mean, I've already chewed though Hollow Knight, Bloodstained, Steamworld Dig 2, and Yoku's Island Express, so, like, I think my Metroidvania bases are covered. I think Timesplitters is in there too... Sometimes I just want to play a game with really pretty art.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I mean, I've already chewed though Hollow Knight, Bloodstained, Steamworld Dig 2, and Yoku's Island Express, so, like, I think my Metroidvania bases are covered. I think Timesplitters is in there too... Sometimes I just want to play a game with really pretty art.

Ori is a good game and has really pretty art

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ill never stop wanting more yoku's island express :negative:

that game was a total nugget of delight imo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I'll be able to whistle its main tune forever. stuck in the head in a totally OK way.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bulgakov posted:

ill never stop wanting more yoku's island express :negative:

that game was a total nugget of delight imo
I googled the devs a while ago to see if they were working on something new and nothing even came up. No twitter or website or anything. :ohdear:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If there's no sequel, they can't ruin it! :eng101:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

American McGay posted:

I googled the devs a while ago to see if they were working on something new and nothing even came up. No twitter or website or anything. :ohdear:

haha yah someone in this thread said the same thing before when I posted my sentiments about the game in the past and maybe it was maybe you :ohdear:

yoku solidarity ✊ its wack when a dev that made a very competent thing goes dark

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

YggiDee posted:

If there's no sequel, they can't ruin it! :eng101:

very true

maybe it sold well enough that they're living high on the pinball platformer hog but stillllll

it was a very fun delight with good mechanics imo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what's the best place online to get a physical copy of ring fit adventure? It's sold out everywhere I know in South East Asia and I may be relying on a friend in Missouri to help get it and pass it to me when they come down here, but they're reporting that it's hard to find there too.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I don't know about online but since you mention South East Asia in general, if you have some magical way of obtaining it from any SEA country, I see copies all the time here in Metro Manila, usually at Data Blitz or Toy Kingdom.

Edit: I could just be lucky, I dunno

Argue fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Feb 20, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the gently caress :psyduck:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Argue posted:

I don't know about online but since you mention South East Asia in general, if you have some magical way of obtaining it from any SEA country, I see copies all the time here in Metro Manila, usually at Data Blitz or Toy Kingdom.

Edit: I could just be lucky, I dunno

well shoot, that is one of the SEA countries I don't have access to (which is double unlucky because I'm supposed to be in Manila for work this week and of course it got cancelled due to the coronoavirus). My cousin, who's contracted to work there every two weeks, is also grounded. I have access mostly to Malaysia Singapore and Thailand. I even tried Indonesia, no luck there too.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Outrun is still the choice for this. The Switch version is fantastic.

bushisms.txt posted:

you need spintires:mudrunner in your life.

blackguy32 posted:

I can confirm that Euro Truck Simulator 2 on PC is relaxing as hell and I like that you can pick the level of sim that you want it at and how customizable it is. So the answer is yes. Get a trucking game.

Or the Crew and just skip the racing part. I love driving cross country in that game.

My summer car and Test drive are unfortunately PC only. I'll look into these others.

But yeah if you can modify the Sim part of the truck games I think that could be nice. I don't want hardcore shifting and precise turning to get the best score. I just want to cruise through interesting environments with the radio on.

I have Euro truck sim in my Mac but I've never tried it. Maybe I will. How different is it from spintires?

Thank you all for your help by the way.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ok. Looking at it Outrun seems perfect if not for the graphics. I prefer 3D environments but I'm sure I'll get over myself plus it's cheap!

Spintires... honestly looks cool but it seems intense.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you want something like Outrun but prefer 3D graphics you should check out Horizon Chase. It's very much a phone game and I wouldn't spend more than a couple bucks on it but it's heavily inspired by Outrun/Top Gear

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Bulgakov posted:

There have been serious shortages in a lot of markets, esp Japan. Coronavirus probably constraining future supply as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have Euro truck sim in my Mac but I've never tried it. Maybe I will. How different is it from spintires?

It's Death Stranding but you're a truck and the enemy drivers are more aggressive.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My summer car and Test drive are unfortunately PC only. I'll look into these others.

But yeah if you can modify the Sim part of the truck games I think that could be nice. I don't want hardcore shifting and precise turning to get the best score. I just want to cruise through interesting environments with the radio on.

That's certainly how I, and a lot of people I'd imagine, play Truck Sim.

The Crew games can also just be played as American Road Trip Sim. No matter what you think of the racing, the map is amazing.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
huh... on the eshop there's a new bundle of the double dragon trilogy and a shitton of kunio-kun games, 15 of them. i had no idea this was even coming out :shrug:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I've been talking with a coworker about Dead Cells, and he mentions that he plays Risk of Rain 2 and it sounds fairly close to the same gameplay loop as Dead Cells, just in a 3D environment. Been thinking about picking RoR2 up, how is it on the Switch?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://twitter.com/playdohcafe/status/1230307702502350848?s=20

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

In Australia we had to implement a one copy per customer rule because people were apparently buying out copies to resell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Thank you all for your help by the way.

Don't know much about Euro truck, but spintires is about reaching a destination, with a vehicle. Sometimes it's truck, sometimes it's a tree hauler, and then they'll give you an extra objective like pick up some logs on the way. It's pretty much literal logic physic puzzles based around cars and manipulating their gears. It's not so much intense as thorough.