Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

One For All is better than URF. URF is where people go so they can rage about stealing CS in the silly fun mode.

While in OFA you can have a team of Volibears and have a suplex party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why didn't we get doom bots this Halloween?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The best alternate mode was that one with the minigames, i really wish they'd bring that back

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
Isn't OFA coming back later this year anyway?

I still miss Ascension, even though I only played i like 5 times tops.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

CODChimera posted:

The best alternate mode was that one with the minigames, i really wish they'd bring that back

Nexus Blitz right? That mode was so good, they should really bring it back

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

According to the numbers they put out when talking about revamping how often special game modes come back Nexus Blitz completely fell off a cliff after a few weeks so I don't expect to see it back any time soon. Awesome though it was.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

CODChimera posted:

Nexus Blitz. RIP the best game mode LoL has ever had

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Good news guys, it's Thursday night after work. you know what that means, perfect time for EUW to crash and then have login issues right as you hit that launch button :toot:

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Good news guys, it's Thursday night after work. you know what that means, perfect time for EUW to crash and then have login issues right as you hit that launch button :toot:

I blame eternals.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The thing about Nexus Blitz is twofold, the mission System was new and poorly used with the game mode, and the game mode itself was largely unfinished. This is problematic because what Riot wanted from Nexus Blitz was a permanent game mode that they could iterate on.

They’ve replaced this with more consistent use of alternate game modes for interest but I suspect they’re still working in the background to make Nexus Blitz super polished and playable.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

According to the numbers they put out when talking about revamping how often special game modes come back Nexus Blitz completely fell off a cliff after a few weeks so I don't expect to see it back any time soon. Awesome though it was.

I genuinely had a blast with it. It was a perfect mix of blind pick with structured, short duration gameplay. It was perfect for practicing up a new champ, since you could pump out dozens of games quickly under conditions that more closely simulated SR. I hope they'll give it another go at some point.

(Also, no lie: I really wish they'd bring back the old Star Guardian and Odyssey modes once in a while. The SG mode was genuinely a blast; reminded me of those old hero wave defense maps in WC3.)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I liked that pirate mode on SR that had the weird new items and minions you could hire that were completely different.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Nexus Blitz seemed like the perfection of the Heroes of the Storm formula, the only part I didn't like was the double jungling which felt kinda dumb/pointless. I played a ton of it, was super fun and I haven't gotten into any of the other rotating game modes they've done.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Vermain posted:

(Also, no lie: I really wish they'd bring back the old Star Guardian and Odyssey modes once in a while. The SG mode was genuinely a blast; reminded me of those old hero wave defense maps in WC3.)

I miss the star guardian mode so much.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

curiousCat posted:

I miss the star guardian mode so much.

makes me really want Riot to show their ARPG in the works tbh

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

thebardyspoon posted:

I liked that pirate mode on SR that had the weird new items and minions you could hire that were completely different.

We got dead man's plate out of that event!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thinking about trying TFT out when the new Season mechanics are out from that Galaxies dev post, or is it out already?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Its out next month sometime. So probably 10.6/7 I expect.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Oh man yesterday I was gonna log in and push buttons and everything.(euw)

What are the odds that some random code gently caress up in a skill mechanic has torn down the entire server.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

argghhh gently caress you riot your algorithm hit exactly what I play a lot hnnnggg

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh poo poo Your Shop is back?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
volibear when

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I got Definitely Not Blitzcrank. Good shop.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

njsykora posted:

Oh poo poo Your Shop is back?

yessss, why am I such a sucker for this poo poo

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I need every single skin in my shop right now, I got Battle Boss Ziggs, Super Kennen, Super Teemo, Iron Inquisitor Kayle, and Pentakill Mordekaiser...shut up and take my money Rito

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Thanks to the patch, I ran into a bloodrazor rammus last night. It seemed pretty bad.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The other skin I want from my shop is Amethyst Ashe because I want an Ashe skin that isn't Championship just for a change. Having the golden chroma for that skin seems to make people expect things.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

gvibes posted:

Thanks to the patch, I ran into a bloodrazor rammus last night. It seemed pretty bad.

they nerfed his ult damage way too hard so hes kinda bad as a tank imho.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Slaapaav posted:

can he still roll, curl and taunt

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cinder hulk was just buffed, time to play blood razor ramm

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my shop sucks. nothing over 1350 and nothing very interesting, including TWO blood moon skins. it does have bad santa veigar for 50% off which is, fine i guess.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Does anyone feel like games since the season started have been way more snowbally? It generally feels like I know with 95% accuracy who will win by 10-15 minutes unless they run into the other team one at a time (and even not then sometimes).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Miftan posted:

Does anyone feel like games since the season started have been way more snowbally? It generally feels like I know with 95% accuracy who will win by 10-15 minutes unless they run into the other team one at a time (and even not then sometimes).

They're actually at about the optimum level, according to internal Riot statistics. I'd chalk it up to confirmation bias.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Miftan posted:

I kind of feel that way, but I had two ranked games last weekend where the wheels came off almost entirely in the early game, and through people actually listening to calls and aggressive rotation we managed to dance circles around them for objectives.

Of course that was followed by a game where we were at one point up 20 kills and lost the game still up 12 so league is a land of contrasts

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Slaapaav posted:

It is early in this patch, but cinderhulk rammus has like a 53% win rate so far.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Slaapaav posted:

This confuses me. Like he has a taunt and an ability to deal damage to anyone autoattacking him. Like you shouldn't run him into a heavy AP comp but he is pretty brutal against AD champions and can do strong ganks early with his ball and taunt alone. Cinderhulk buffs also boost his damage.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Slapaav lives in bizzaro league.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

EUW is down again, two days in a row now. what am I meant to play instead, DOTA2? don't make me laugh. that game is for babies.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Vermain posted:

They're actually at about the optimum level, according to internal Riot statistics. I'd chalk it up to confirmation bias.

Maybe I've just had a really swing-y.. 2 weeks. Anyway I wonder how they decide at what point 'one team has a 90% chance to win' - I'm not sure that's consistent at all between iron plat.

Drone_Fragger posted:

EUW is down again, two days in a row now. what am I meant to play instead, DOTA2? don't make me laugh. that game is for babies.

Yeah what the hell did they do, burn down the server room? It's been years since the game has been offline for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
I somewhat agree with you with which team is gonna win 10 mins into the game, but also this season I have seen more throws than ever.