Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

your vid doesnt work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Eh, I feel like Heaven's Arena did that better. Also goddammit I thought this had come back from hiatus! :cry:

God I felt the same way. Saw the thread bump and raised my hopes.

What is going on with this hiatus, he had a good pattern going and now it’s gone to poo poo all over again. I just want to see the outcome of the succession war and the Dark Continent goddamit

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bumping this thread without news of a return is violence and should be treated as such.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Everyone continuing to post in this thread should be banned, including me for getting people's hopes up.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Watched YYH for the first time last year (read it years ago) and when me and the husbo wanted more I got to be all "ok but what if there *was* more." YYH WAS just so killer front to back and honestly my only complaint for it was that it ended lmao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
yusuke is one of the best protagonists in shonen history

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
[The deep end] is a podcast about adult swim's history featuring a lot of the writers and their episode on YYH is really good. Fun mix of professional insider stuff and people just excited to talk about their personal formative media.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

if you read any of his earlier works, like Level E, you'd see the kernel that would be tournament arcs and greed island.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
And in the future, we'll look back on Greed Island and see the seeds of the card battler manga togashi said he wants to do when hxh is done

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

somepartsareme posted:

And in the future, we'll look back on Greed Island and see the seeds of the card battler manga togashi said he wants to do when hxh is done

That you believe HxH will ever be done, and even more, that Togashi will be able to make another manga afterwards, is incredibly optimistic and I wish I could have that kind of unrealistically positive outlook on my life.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i just like reminding people that he said that

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm gonna be as old as Netero was when he died by the time this manga finishes, but when it does, I also will do 10,000 punches of gratitude.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I hate you all. -_-

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

dazoner posted:

I hate you all. -_-

Gah! What menacing en!

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

So this year I watched the 2012 anime and then read manga for the first time ever to get current on this series. I so desperately want more, but I fear that Togashi is permanently burned out because this arc alone is so ambitious. There are a lot of questions even from the Chimera Ant arc that are going unresolved, and that feels bad because this and MHA are the best shoenen I've experienced. I'm at least thankful that I got to blast through everything while it was still on hiatus, so the wait hasn't been as bad but yeah.

Just wanted to get that out there and also give false hope of an update to anyone with the thread bookmarked.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He's not burned out, just has a lot of physical (back) problems

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Basically HxH got picked up for a live action adaptation, so Togashi got in a fight with Uwe Boll about it, and won, but at the cost of his spine.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

Just wanted to get that out there and also give false hope of an update to anyone with the thread bookmarked.
This is not the longest Hiatus yet that Togashi has done. Until we breach the CA hiatus I'm not really worried about how long.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

YYH rules. My favourite Halloween costume I ever did was Botan.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I would be better able to deal with this long rear end Hiatus x Hiatus if Togashi would do like he promised and at least clean up all the drat art. Argh! The loving story had an end (and it was a good end) and he decided to keep going.

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
I just finished the 2011 anime. drat, what a good show. Guess I need to start collecting/reading the manga now so I can be disappointed by there being little progress in the current arc like everyone else is!

God, Ging just sucks so much. He makes Goku look like a helicopter parent.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moriveth posted:

I just finished the 2011 anime. drat, what a good show. Guess I need to start collecting/reading the manga now so I can be disappointed by there being little progress in the current arc like everyone else is!

God, Ging just sucks so much. He makes Goku look like a helicopter parent.

There is a reason that Leorio punching him was almost enough to win him a presidency.

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
Yeah that part ruled. I also really liked that EVERYONE seems to think that Ging sucks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the non-anime chapters show that ging is an unparalleled genius in countless subjects, but he's also such a selfish dirtbag that no one really knows or cares

he owns

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gon kept meeting people who talked about how impressive ging is, but after ging actually showed up it became very obvious that most of them were selectively lying about what kind of person he was. the people who talked to gon about ging all liked gon, after all.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
5 new posts?!?!?!...goddamnit

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

dazoner posted:

56 new posts?!?!?!...goddamnit

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

dazoner posted:

5 new posts?!?!?!...goddamnit

Oh yeah and the new chapter's out. 45 new characters but every chapter will have Leorio from here on in. Also Togashi died but handed off the torch to his efficient young protege, George R. R. Martin.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nonexistence posted:

Oh yeah and the new chapter's out. 45 new characters but every chapter will have Leorio from here on in. Also Togashi died but handed off the torch to his efficient young protege, George R. R. Martin.

well he does have both the properties of R.R and George.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I hate you all for giving me hope that new chapters were announced.

I’d rather talk about whether a nen ability is an emission or conjurer type than experience this pain.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
There's not much to talk about, it's always emission.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Asuron posted:

I hate you all for giving me hope that new chapters were announced.

I’d rather talk about whether a nen ability is an emission or conjurer type than experience this pain.

you should always assume that it's not a new chapter

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

you should always assume that it's not a new chapter

I always hope it’s a new chapter because that means Togashi is feeling better :(

Also I reread the OP and got a good chuckle out of Teddy Bomber since that flew over my head before.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I will wait as long as it takes for the next chapter of Bill no Densetsu.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

I always hope it’s a new chapter because that means Togashi is feeling better :(

Also I reread the OP and got a good chuckle out of Teddy Bomber since that flew over my head before.

...and also my head. Wow.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Lol at anyone getting their hopes up for a new chapter. Just abandon all hope and maybe something will happen.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hosed up we're gonna get more bleach stuff before we get a single chapter

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

pnumoman posted:

Lol at anyone getting their hopes up for a new chapter. Just abandon all hope and maybe something will happen.

I saw 17 new posts in this thread and my first thought was "What the hell are people talking about now?", with the slim possibility of actual new chapters only occurring to me a couple seconds later, and being mostly dismissed before I even opened the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm pretty sure that whenever Togashi deems us worthy of a new chapter again, it'll take me two weeks to actually read it because "new HxH chapter" doesn't parse as something real.