Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Fritzler posted:

Need to get a Big Top and Ankha card (although Ankha is too expensive for me to buy probably). I have cards for the rest of my favorite villagers.

I have an Ankha card and I've never understood why it's so sought after :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

prepuce repurposed posted:

I have an Ankha card and I've never understood why it's so sought after :confused:

I assume she's super popular, like Marshall and Rosie.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just looked her up and I immediately see why she's a rare animal.

Hmm... now I've looked too far and I can't go back.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah uh if you want to get any of those amiibo cards now's the time because all the fan favorites are getting price hikes. I have a mostly complete collection of villagers that I like/love/tolerate but some like Whitney and the Sanrio 6 are quickly escaping my tolerable price range. Lucky to have gotten my Sanrio boy HOPKINS before they started charging an arm and a leg.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Buy a bag of NFC stickers and go nuts with all the villagers.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 20, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tom Nook's not allowed back on the mainland and is barred from most countries so he said gently caress it and decided to make his own.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

prepuce repurposed posted:

I just like the Egyptian theme a lot. I think its pretty fun, and she's a unique villager. I guess people like her for other reasons that are gross. Other villagers I like are Merengue (for the fun chef vibes) and Big Top for being a super villain.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

lunar detritus posted:

Buy a bag of NFC stickers and go nuts with all the villagers.

Are there guides out there for doing something like this?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The museum looks dope! I love the aquarium with the shark and swirling fish.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Protip posted:

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1230516088032526336?s=19

ACPocketNews seems to be dumping a lot of additional screenshots and videos. The one above shows more interactions and dialog with villagers.

Any animal that starts telling me about their cozy bidet is having their house surrounded by a river with the only exit path filled with pitfalls

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Here's a guide. You'll need to google for the amiibo files though.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

I use my phone and an app called tagmo. It's fairly straightforward, but I'm sure you can find detailed instructions with a little searching.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Any animal that starts telling me about their cozy bidet is having their house surrounded by a river with the only exit path filled with pitfalls

That's Chadder and he's a demented little freak who is NOT welcome on my island

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ankha was my islander villager way back in Gamecube Animal Crossing, she's cool looking, she matches my main boy Lucky, and the combo of snooty + cat is perfect casting. I'm very fond of her!

Sankara fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 20, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Protip posted:

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1230516088032526336?s=19

ACPocketNews seems to be dumping a lot of additional screenshots and videos. The one above shows more interactions and dialog with villagers.

That bidet quote actually surprised me; I thought they were just generic "check this out" templates with different furniture mad libbed into them, but saying it's "like a cloud is hugging my butt" is a very specific description, so maybe they'll actually have unique things to say about different pieces of furniture? It wasn't like that in New Leaf, was it?

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

Waffle! posted:

The museum looks dope! I love the aquarium with the shark and swirling fish.

+1

Museum is nice.

Would visit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

villager death confirmed

https://twitter.com/Nook_Inc/status/1230513702870437888?s=20

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Khanstant posted:

Wait... I thought the core premise of this one was that we got to terraform our own islands. Did I just make that up and have been hyping myself up over it for months?

edit: Oh geez, re-watching the trailers it does seem like I wholesale invented that fantasy and just believe it to be true. I Star Citizen'd myself :-(

More reasonable hope and expectation: Are the "desire paths" still in? Where the grass naturally fades over time in areas of high running traffick, or is it removed in favour of the purposeful path system?

GoodBee posted:

I think I would be too paralyzed to start if I had the option to build the whole island from scratch. I'd be cool with terraforming a random island as long as I could do it at any point during the game too.

I decided to find and read through the thread after catching the hype-bug from the direct, and wanted to congratulate these two posters from near the start of the thread!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Goddamn I've missed Animal Crossing. This looks incredible.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

:negative:

e: maybe its related to the ghost guy

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joan is dead after eighty years of selling turnips, god bless her.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

vanisher posted:

:negative:

e: maybe its related to the ghost guy
Wisp has been in previous games. I think he’s technically a genie or spirit?

I mean there have been tombstone furniture before right? There at least is in pocket camp. Now that you can decorate outside you can make your own graveyards.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I just realized how amazing this is gonna be to play with the GCN style controller I bought for Smash

Nostalgia Island here I come

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
The real question is can you make cliffs on cliffs on cliffs to make a pyramid with your house at the top

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Humerus posted:

I just realized how amazing this is gonna be to play with the GCN style controller I bought for Smash

Nostalgia Island here I come

That implies you are playing docked, and the very thought unnerves me. Animal Crossing: Wild World was where I sunk my teeth into the franchise, and so the thought of non-portable Animal Crossing is just crazy talk. I did play the GCN, City Folk, and New Leaf, but Wild World was the one I played the longest

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Jade Mage posted:

That implies you are playing docked, and the very thought unnerves me. Animal Crossing: Wild World was where I sunk my teeth into the franchise, and so the thought of non-portable Animal Crossing is just crazy talk. I did play the GCN, City Folk, and New Leaf, but Wild World was the one I played the longest

I'm really looking forward to playing AC on a TV again, actually.

And I play undocked with a controller pretty frequently, when my wife wants to watch TV and I can set the Switch on a little stand on the coffee table and play that way

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

After watching the direct.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
God drat it's Animal Crossing Ultimate.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Is there a list of everything the Direct covered for those of us stuck somewhere we can't watch it?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

LifeLynx posted:

Is there a list of everything the Direct covered for those of us stuck somewhere we can't watch it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/f6twf0/all_new_game_information_revealed_revealed_in_the/

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Looooove the look of new house interface. New camera angles, dragging and dropping, moving multiple items at once. Nice!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh god, oh gently caress, Nintendo has a Pachislot machine for the Pocket Camp connectivity stuff oh poo poo I'm gonna have to go download that now just to get it for my gambling hall.

Elderbean posted:

Looooove the look of new house interface. New camera angles, dragging and dropping, moving multiple items at once. Nice!

Not gonna lie, I started getting really, really excited when they showed off all that stuff. It's insane how much this game has advanced Animal Crossing.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

Elderbean posted:

Walls stuff looks neato

I wonder if they will tell us how many unique items are in game, it looks immense. Did you friends see all the bridge/stair options

cats
May 11, 2009

Jade Mage posted:

See, my first AC game was New Leaf so I've only ever known portable. So I'm really looking forward to playing on the TV. In fact I can't remember the last time I played any game undocked for more than a few minutes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought Nintendo said there wouldn't be any cross promotional stuff with Pocket Camp. I really don't want to download a bad phone game, so will skip out on those items and hope I can get them some other way.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I haven't cared about an Animal Crossing game since the first but daaaaaamn did that look good.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Humerus posted:

I'm really looking forward to playing AC on a TV again, actually.

And I play undocked with a controller pretty frequently, when my wife wants to watch TV and I can set the Switch on a little stand on the coffee table and play that way

Pianist On Strike posted:

See, my first AC game was New Leaf so I've only ever known portable. So I'm really looking forward to playing on the TV. In fact I can't remember the last time I played any game undocked for more than a few minutes.

I respect you both immensely and wish you both the best town Animal Crossing towns, no beef intended or desired.

When I'm playing single player though, I imagine my dock will be sitting in the corner collecting dust and weeping bitter tears, waiting for my battery to run out so I am confined to my desk chair. Only for me to plug my switch in on my bed and move to playing there.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How much did it say about Pocket Camp integration? If I played it for a while but deleted it months ago will that be enough?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

glassyalabolas posted:

I've been playing since day 1. :getin:

I too have been playingsuffering through pocket camp since day 1.

GoodBee posted:

I played a lot of Pocket Camp and I'm still super mad about Pocket Camp.

I honestly only care about collecting things that I can check off of a list. Pocket Camp started having too many events that I couldn't complete without Leaf Tickets and then my catalog wasn't complete anymore. I hate it if there's a blank I can't fill.

Like with Pokemon, I'm good if I can check off the whole Pokedex but I don't care that I haven't seen all the shiny versions.

I'll be mad if I've got blanks from Pocket Camp.

This was part of what finally broke me from the game. Most of the cool new stuff was in the fortune cookies, or costs tickets as part of events. Between that and having the level caps constantly raised I finally burned out hard about a month ago.

I still log in each day though to collect any freebies, because I was afraid of what the cross-promotion with New Horizons would entail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

How much did it say about Pocket Camp integration? If I played it for a while but deleted it months ago will that be enough?

They didn't really say much about it. They just referred to it as "a special offer" where players can receive special items in each, then said that they'll explain more on the Pocket Camp Twitter later.