Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's funny despite 1 being my favorite of the souls games sans bloodborne i never bothered to pick up the remaster of 1 for pc. running at 60fps and fixed up blighttown framerates seems sacreligious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Baller Time posted:

Has any fan film ever be good?

https://vimeo.com/86014703

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

it's funny despite 1 being my favorite of the souls games sans bloodborne i never bothered to pick up the remaster of 1 for pc. running at 60fps and fixed up blighttown framerates seems sacreligious

honestly the biggest plus was the influx of people playing online

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't watch the direct yet, how does animal crossing look

It's Animal Crossing with a lot of really good quality of life improvements that were frustrating to fans in past games.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

eh, i could take or leave the multiplayer aspects of the souls series in general so it was part and parcel of me being lukewarm on the idea

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

Let me know when they remaster Demon's souls so I can take my trusty scraping spear out

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think it also split the players between versions and ultimately left them both worse off

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Only weirdness I've suffered so far using M+KB is camera wonkiness that I think is just caused by a dumb setting I didn't turn off and also jumping being the worst, which is hardly anything new and I could rebind jump if I really wanted to fix it.

Looper posted:

There was a rude fucker Gravelording the Parish as I was finishing up, though I didn't see any of the actual effects, just the summon sign(s). And regardless somebody ganked them not long after. So that was neat.

Honestly this is all completely new for me because last time I tried to play the original version the online was borked for some reason. Though even then I've been largely ignoring the messages and bloodstains and stuff. Nice to see friendly faces around bonfires though. And while it's a little annoying to hear the Parish bell going off basically non-stop it's still kinda cool.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 20, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gravelording in general was hosed up either by bug or by design, it only worked on people in ng+ from what i remember

plus you received no bonuses or feedback on whether it was actually having an effect on other players so it was pretty vestigial in general, albeit arguably no less than the princess guard or chaos servant ones

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The remaster made the trickier covenants actually work. You can also just up and quit them from bonfires now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I swear I saw a gravelord sign on new game normal, but only once, in the burg, in like 200 hours of playing

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I got my character hacked and broken within an hour of DS1 Remastered releasing on Steam. Good job there, From.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
And yeah, the problem with Gravelord is that you want to annoy other people enough that they come try and gank you. You don't get anything from them dying to the extra phantoms you're spawning, and a lot of the time if they're getting clowned by the phantoms they're probably too scared to come PVP you anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

I swear I saw a gravelord sign on new game normal, but only once, in the burg, in like 200 hours of playing

In the original the Gravelord covenant was busted in that up to 3 iirc players could be targeted, but only NG+ players actually received the red phantoms. Meanwhile, the pool of players that could invade you was NG AND NG+, so more often than not you just set up a kill squad for no reason on yourself.

My first time through I did the covenant specifically to get the spooky gravelord greatsword and sword dance miracles and I don't regret it. I didn't get the greatsword dance though

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Looper posted:

honestly i think my dream job right now would just be anything that doesn't involve answering the phone

I've been doing chat support from home for the last seven years now.

Man, it'd be nice to go outside occasionally...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh yeah you can rush to the catacombs and get the greatsword as soon as you land in Lordran, it’s much more fun than the Drake Sword

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Oh yeah you can rush to the catacombs and get the greatsword as soon as you land in Lordran, it’s much more fun than the Drake Sword

The toxic effect basically never matters but I like to think it was the key to winning the game my first time through

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I feel a bit jealous of how many cool swords there are. I'm strictly gunning for (great) hammers because smashing everything flat is how I roll in RPGs.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

univbee posted:

I've been getting into it like crazy with incredibly stupid weebs on Twitter (which I guess ultimately makes me the stupid one) since they don't understand this is exactly how you "translate" the game for a local audience (what they think of as "translation" is for government documents, not entertainment products, which should be localized without exception), and also that no, this isn't ResetEra's doing, Atlus probably doesn't even know what a ResetEra is. As if it's just impossible that a company big enough to have a media coordination and public relations team might decide against releasing a product containing homophobia in the year 2020.

Special credits to NepsKnight for ascending to a new level of hot take by saying art stops being art when it's tailored to the public in some capacity. Resulted in this criminally-underliked response.

I wonder what their opinion would be if they knew the Operation Babehunt transphobic scene in Persona 3 was played to the rafters in the original US release, inserting dialog that wasn't in the Japanese version which was much more subtle (as subtle as "is that a hair on your lip?" can be).

Looper posted:

honestly i think my dream job right now would just be anything that doesn't involve answering the phone

I just moved from a sysadmin in a help desk environment to server management and there isn't even a phone at my desk it's loving beautiful I'm loving it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

John Murdoch posted:

I feel a bit jealous of how many cool swords there are. I'm strictly gunning for (great) hammers because smashing everything flat is how I roll in RPGs.

The best weapon for smashing everything flat is the zweihander, which is a sword

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dewgy posted:

I've been doing chat support from home for the last seven years now.

Man, it'd be nice to go outside occasionally...

this though is the main reason I'd only every wanna work from home like one day a week

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames posted:

It has to be Robotnik because his minions are called Badniks.

Could've been called Bad Eggs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

Let me know when they remaster Demon's souls so I can take my trusty scraping spear out

there are so many ps3/360 games i wish were available on anything else

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cheetah7071 posted:

The best weapon for smashing everything flat is the zweihander, which is a sword

"That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough. It was more like a large hunk of Iron."

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

cheetah7071 posted:

Bah! And feh! No blades!

I feel like there's a joke about wanting my weapons to be fat and blunt in there somewhere but I can't quite put it together.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

"That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough. It was more like a large hunk of Iron."

That's a different weapon in dark souls! The Zweihander in souls isn't even particularly big.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how there's a weapon in Dark Souls called the Greatsword that's an Ultra Greatsword.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how there's a weapon in Dark Souls called the Greatsword that's an Ultra Greatsword.

It's also very good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Andrast posted:

That's a different weapon in dark souls! The Zweihander in souls isn't even particularly big.

Eh... its an ultra greatsword, its plenty big.

But you're right that the zweihander isn't Guts' dragonslayer. I just thought the quote was appropriate :cheeky:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oh poo poo, "zwei" means two

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wait so is the game called "Herzog Two"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wait so is the game called "Herzog Two"
yes, it's the sequel to herzog

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

and ein means "one" which is why the video game "einhander" is meant to be played while jerking off

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cowcaster posted:

and ein means "one" which is why the video game "einhander" is meant to be played while jerking off

That seems like a pretty big logical leap but I'll allow it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

isn't that every game

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Driver: Parallel Lines is dope but man they never figured out this on-foot stuff did they?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

Driver: Parallel Lines is dope but man they never figured out this on-foot stuff did they?

No, which is why the best Driver game (San Francisco) skipped the on-foot stuff entirely and you switched cars by possessing the bodies of their drivers.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't click this yet but if this isn't the robocop fan remake I'm gonna be disappointed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was not disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Cowcaster posted:

Just lol if you can't play Dark Souls while jerking off