Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Limerick posted:

The problem is that the media controls the discourse and they might choose to report on who got 3rd in the caucus and never talk about who won it, once again.

This is a problem if we're counting on momentum.

I mean Bernie still built momentum despite the Pete Klob push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ah well nevertheless

https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1230612671491268608?s=21

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

american society is built from the ground up (starting with school) to produce people who aren't capable of critical thought.

gently caress!!

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

my bony fealty posted:

legit whhhyyy are these people unable to comprehend anything except in pop culture metaphors

The US has never had any sort of real culture outside of capitalism and consumerism. Everything that screams "America!" is branded or marketed. Pop culture is the only culture we have ever had.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

NecroMonster posted:

american society is built from the ground up (starting with school) to produce people who aren't capable of critical thought.

"Remember that thing you enjoyed that one time" is also like this dopamine-release button that people and politicians can't help but keep pressing

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Bernie still built momentum despite the Pete Klob push

Yes, and in some ways people knocking on doors, calling, and texting is worth way more than the goddamn television.

Nevertheless, :derp:

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

legit whhhyyy are these people unable to comprehend anything except in pop culture metaphors

Privileged enough to believe society can be significantly improved via better representation in Marvel movies.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Chillgamesh posted:

I feel brokebrained for suggesting this but it seriously felt like MSNBC was hand-feeding every Bloomberg dunk to Warren, because they have bought into their own bullshit narrative about ~the progressive and moderate lanes~ and think if they boost her up enough she'll pull away all of Sanders's voters and put Pete in the lead or some poo poo. That said, she doesn't drag away Bernie voters for the most part, she drags from Pete and Amy. Her doing better brings Sanders down, but hurts the others just as badly, if not worse.

you are not wrong about MSNBC. the whole debate was shaped to feed bloomberg to warren, while pete attacks bernie and klob.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

RaySmuckles posted:

for those of us arzying over warren:

yes, the fundraising should raise an eyebrow, but we don't know the donor/avg amount breakdown so it could be nullified by it being heavily inflated by the exact kind of donations she has constantly decried

we have to see what her performance does in polls and more importantly voting. like people have been saying, it could just be a christie thing where everyone's happy to see a good performance that serves their interests, but they've already chosen their candidate thank you very much

Yeah, see this:

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

a big + decisive bernie win in nevada could just push him into winning south carolina

https://twitter.com/zachmontellaro/status/1230605994545352711?s=21

That's Warren in 5th with 6%.

Even with whatever infusion of cash she'll get from this, she's still in a saturated media landscape and she just very publicly knifed person with 10x her money. I suppose it's possible that Bloomberg slinks away with his tail between his legs, but ... yeah, betting that he drops explicit attack ads on Warren soon.

I'd bet he's got some in the can already and only didn't drop them already because she was collapsing all on her own.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

fermun posted:

this is something to really be aware of, warren had her first debate victory last night, but bernie came in a close second and since 70,000 early votes have already been cast in NV, and there were only an estimated 84,000 in 2016 total and 118,000 in 2008, this is going to be a record-setting turnout year for the nevada caucuses and when we see on saturday that bernie dominates in the highest turnout nevada caucus ever, any traction warren gained from this debate is gonna fade a lot.

Yeah this is the most important thing for everyone to keep in mind. A large potential majority of the state already voted before any possible bump, so if it ends up with bernie in a huge lead, its going to instantly dampen any bump she had, and going into SC she polls horribly, further dampening it before super tuesday.

She not only needed this bump, shes going to need a bump at the next debate to weather a big loss in SC for super tuesday.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1230608324183416832?s=20

broke boi

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

galenanorth posted:

"Remember that thing you enjoyed that one time" is also like this dopamine-release button that people and politicians can't help but keep pressing

much less depressing than doing thinking about things

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
You loving morons arzy about someone new every week as soon as Bernie isn't literally winning everything everywhere 24/7. Warren had a good debate. Cool. I hope she enjoys her 3% boost and being able to stay around long enough to not be viable in most Super Tuesday states.

She mostly eats into Butt's support anyway so who cares.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, see this:

That's Warren in 5th with 6%.

Even with whatever infusion of cash she'll get from this, she's still in a saturated media landscape and she just very publicly knifed person with 10x her money. I suppose it's possible that Bloomberg slinks away with his tail between his legs, but ... yeah, betting that he drops explicit attack ads on Warren soon.

I'd bet he's got some in the can already and only didn't drop them already because she was collapsing all on her own.

oh my god what if Mike is the one to finally pierce the Pocahontas veil on the dem side

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Azathoth posted:

bloomberg is not trying to win.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Azathoth posted:

It'll be interesting to see if he's as petty as Trump but honestly if the big biwwionaire doesn't throw a baby tanty he'd very obviously be better off just ignoring her

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye

Limerick posted:

If somebody brings up the "lmao Bernie is a millionaire and has a summer home" thing how should I respond? Right now I would say "the fate of the planet matters more to me than a few personal indulgences on Bernie's part" but I don't think that argument will sway libs because they haven't already bought into the urgency of class struggle.

This might make me sound like a tankie but I think having more than one house is actually too much wealth. In my ideal world, nobody would do that. It, of course, really doesn't loving matter. Bernie Sanders is the workers' best chance for a better world so it doesn't matter if something as irrelevant as this can be cited as a flaw. But, I don't know how to convince people who do not already trust Bernie of this fact.

Rhetoric me up pls :bernget20:

no tankie should be attacking bernie for his humble dacha

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I’m the Dark Money Boi

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

inkblot posted:

The US has never had any sort of real culture outside of capitalism and consumerism. Everything that screams "America!" is branded or marketed. Pop culture is the only culture we have ever had.

Pop culture is fine. "Real" culture in Europe is like eating a fish that you buried a month ago or doing a stupid dance or hating Catholics. You aren't missing much

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the dark money groups are multiplying!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

His going to stick with the dark money line, eh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1230607070384144384

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

bloomberg is not trying to win.

the Democrats are not going to go into a brokered convention and then choose Bloomberg (unless he has the plurality of delegates).

i would toxx on this but, honestly, it seems like it would be a waste.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

my bony fealty posted:

the dark money groups are multiplying!

i hear the most dark money comes from the south!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Entenzahn posted:

You loving morons arzy about someone new every week as soon as Bernie isn't literally winning everything everywhere 24/7

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't think a multi-billionaire is gonna spend a billion dollars and get publicly humiliated to kneecap Bernie- I think he legit just hates the field and is mad at that it exists.

Warren wasn't going to drop out. Her getting $7 million magically after accepting superPAC money is not anything shocking.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Nothing good has happened for ten thousand years, hope is painful to us now

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

buh?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

yes...hahaha, yes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Warren must be defeated

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1230553484312883202

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1230618099134713858

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I don't think a multi-billionaire is gonna spend a billion dollars and get publicly humiliated to kneecap Bernie- I think he legit just hates the field and is mad at that it exists.

Warren wasn't going to drop out. Her getting $7 million magically after accepting superPAC money is not anything shocking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Warren's $7 million figure can't include super PACs, right? Super PACs can't contribute money directly to a candidate's campaign but instead spend on that candidate's behalf ("without coordinating" supposedly). So that has to be actual campaign contributions that she's talking about.

It is possible I'm misunderstanding how super PACs work.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1230616835315335169

GET
HER
rear end

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lemming posted:

Nothing good has happened for ten thousand years, hope is painful to us now

To win, you gotta act like you've been there before

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

fuckin dipshit arzy morons. if you doubt bernie win, you are a succling lib

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The fact that they're framing this as "ranked choice voting" and going "uh sounds like you don't like ranked choice voting" is infuriating

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The chad bernie bro vs the virgin warren fan twitter addict

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

fuckin dipshit arzy morons. if you doubt bernie win, you are a succling lib

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

go off berno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU