Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samurai Sanders posted:

Edit: the two historical games have extra Majima though.

Why are these not in English. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

if i give you an example will you concede the point?

I will, I would like to know what you mean

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

they could, but it’s not like GameStop is going to be in business 2 years from now anyways.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dewgy posted:

Why are these not in English. :negative:

I mean, it's a matter of time, right?

Wanna play all the Yakuzas.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When are they gonna announce the dang PS5 specs :negative:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

they could, but it’s not like GameStop is going to be in business 2 years from now anyways.

Unionizing would give them leverage to negotiate severance in the event of mass layoffs. There's never a bad time!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
bullshit. i am lara croft and i dont need any help to own an island full of dumbos.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

acksplode posted:

Unionizing would give them leverage to negotiate severance in the event of mass layoffs. There's never a bad time!

you dont get poo poo if there's no money, union or not. the best thing that couldve happened is they'd have already laid everyone off at christmas to cover it. not that thats a bad thing, but seriously why anyone would still be working there and not actively job hunting is beyond me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fix posted:

I mean, it's a matter of time, right?

Wanna play all the Yakuzas.

There were some rumblings on a Sega survey but the Yakuza director dude said they'd probably have to Kiwami Kenzan to re-release it, since it came out before Yakuza 3, so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So it's an anecdote?

Answer the question. If I provide an example that you can reproduce on your own time, will you concede the point?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Unless all of gamestop nationwide unionizes at once they'll just close any unionized stores and open a new one nearby with all-new staff

This is the inevitable result of console digital distribution, now run along and join Blockbuster

acksplode
May 17, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

you dont get poo poo if there's no money, union or not.

There is money, if Gamestop fails the money left will get divided among its creditors and investors, a union can make sure workers get a piece.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Krazyface posted:

I gave up on AC: Odyssey about fifty hours in. The combat's so frustrating; every enemy is a health sponge, and you need to wail on them for like thirty seconds just to kill one. Avoiding damage through dodges and parries is pretty easy, but the special enemies (cultists, commanders, above-average mercs) can kill you in about three hits, so you just can't afford to screw up, ever. Combat in AC: Origins was fun all the way through, and I went out of my way to enable level scaling to keep it challenging. Odyssey made me avoid combat, not because it was dangerous, but because it was boring.

Yeah, I don't know what it is, everyone said Odyssey was "Origins but better" and I'm way more interested in Greek mythology than Egyptian but I loved Origins and every single thing about actually playing Odyssey pissed me off. Honestly a big part of it might have been that I have a ps poor and Odyssey runs like absolute dogshit if you don't have a Pro.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sarcastic response: they don't matter, you'll buy it anyway.
Real response: It's not like you are going to buy a xbox.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

2 has an overall typical amount of Majima for the series, If I remember right. Until 0 came along he was a character who always had a parallel life that just occasionally intersected with Kiryu's.

Edit: the two historical games have extra Majima though. He plays freaking Souji Okita in Ishin, and part of the joke is that everyone keeps saying "I thought he was supposed to be a pretty boy..."

I felt like it was a kind of big deal he was playable in Dead Souls, despite Dead Souls being Dead Souls.

It was funny to see him gleefully club the big rock zombie with his combat shotty and then put Daigo in a dress and take him on a date, though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Sarcastic response: they don't matter, you'll buy it anyway.
Real response: It's not like you are going to buy a xbox.

Thinking of going PC :homebrew:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm convinced what Sony's doing with PS5's lead-up is like some sort of Nintendo-ian Direct feedback loop.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1230598180263387155

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"Awww poo poo we forgot to develop the PS5"

acksplode
May 17, 2004

A pandemic? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the world? Localized entirely within game conferences where you might be expected to announce PS5?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Airports and conferences aren't the best place to be if you're concerned about a pandemic.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I just want a solid no bullshit yes/no confirmation on backwards compatibility :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Capn Beeb posted:

I just want a solid no bullshit yes/no confirmation on backwards compatibility :(

PS4 - yes
PS1 and 2 = easy so yes
PS3 = extremely doubtful unless they just put PS3 chips inside the PS5

Once a normal specs PC can emulate a PS3 then you might see it console side.

Note: I have no idea what I'm talking about. Sort of.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Don't need to emulate PS3 anymore since all the main Yakuzas run on PS4.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

Answer the question. If I provide an example that you can reproduce on your own time, will you concede the point?

Why are you trying to string this out? So you can have a weird 'check me out winning this internet argument' moment?

You said a thing, you think you have an example of it so can you just put it here so we can make up our own minds please.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

They've given a definitive yes as of months ago. I guess how far back it goes is still something to speculate on but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything but PS4 even though it's a possibility.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

acksplode posted:

There is money, if Gamestop fails the money left will get divided among its creditors and investors, a union can make sure workers get a piece.

Not really. If there was a pension, then maybe the creditors will pay it out pennies on the dollar after a lengthy legal battle, but unless the union negotiated vested equity for all employees (which almost never happens) they aren't getting squat.

:capitalism:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Not really. If there was a pension, then maybe the creditors will pay it out pennies on the dollar after a lengthy legal battle, but unless the union negotiated vested equity for all employees (which almost never happens) they aren't getting squat.

:capitalism:

A union can negotiate for guaranteed severance in the event of layoffs, and then the company has to make sure that money is available for the workers they're about to leave in the dust rather than piss it away or return it to investors.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The Neal! posted:

Why are you trying to string this out? So you can have a weird 'check me out winning this internet argument' moment?

You said a thing, you think you have an example of it so can you just put it here so we can make up our own minds please.

The guy in question is notorious for shutting down any criticism of games that he likes with snide bullshit answers. Even the way he responded to that post is snide and dismissive. As long as VideoGames allows it, there's no reason to speak negatively about a thread darling because it gets shouted down by a chorus of git gud, Coward, and other low effort reddit troll poo poo.

If he can't admit that he's wrong, it doesn't matter what I say or show. If he can admit criticism, then we can have an actual conversation.

poo poo, let's do it big. I will play through Sekiro again, get to the point where this I am positive enemy reactions are paired with a specific input, and post a video of it happening on command 3 times. If I do this within a month, BP writes a post detailing all of the negative design decisions he can find in Sekiro and then doesn't post in this thread for 2 months. If I fail to post said video by 3/15, I won't post in the thread for 3 months.

:toxx:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Housh posted:

Don't need to emulate PS3 anymore since all the main Yakuzas run on PS4.

NieR:Replicant still is Japan PS3 exclusive. :colbert:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

The guy in question is notorious for shutting down any criticism of games that he likes with snide bullshit answers. Even the way he responded to that post is snide and dismissive. As long as VideoGames allows it, there's no reason to speak negatively about a thread darling because it gets shouted down by a chorus of git gud, Coward, and other low effort reddit troll poo poo.

If he can't admit that he's wrong, it doesn't matter what I say or show. If he can admit criticism, then we can have an actual conversation.

poo poo, let's do it big. I will play through Sekiro again, get to the point where this I am positive enemy reactions are paired with a specific input, and post a video of it happening on command 3 times. If I do this within a month, BP writes a post detailing all of the negative design decisions he can find in Sekiro and then doesn't post in this thread for 2 months. If I fail to post said video by 3/15, I won't post in the thread for 3 months.

How about you just post like a normal person and explain what you meant when you said Sekiro reads inputs.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

All consumers long to eat the mana poo poo out by the gods, and if they don't then the employee must be punished for not properly propagating the scripture.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Serious question: I played DS1, BloodBorne, and am now on my second playthrough of DS3 (holy poo poo it's so good). I bounced off Sekiro but it was my first SoulsBorne and I wasn't gud.

How the gently caress does one move on to other games after these masterpieces?

You go pick up Yakuza 0

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Senator Drinksalot posted:

You go pick up Yakuza 0

I do find the Yakuza series to be a good spa day between difficult games.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Slot car racing 8 year old children is a good wind down from Yharnam

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Is Hunt:Showdown worth a glance? The reviews for the PC version seem promising.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

No don't. This is dumb and I don't care about your epic quest to make a game less fun for everyone by proving you noticed something quirky about the AI.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sammus posted:

Is Hunt:Showdown worth a glance? The reviews for the PC version seem promising.

I’m enjoying it. It’s pretty different. It’s absolutely brutal though. the learning curve feels pretty big, but I’m starting to get the hang of it. Its also a little rough around the edges with some texture loading issues on PS4 but I really like the art style and concept.

HMU if you get it. I’m looking for more people to play with .

Edit: I’ll give a more thorough review this weekend if people want. Haven’t really had enough time with it yet to really give proper review.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 21, 2020

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sekiro has really aggressive tracking but i don't think it has input reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is this argument like when I was 10 and my cousin said it was impossible to win at one of those Tiger handheld games, even in theory, cause the computer always had the advantage of knowing what button you pressed?