Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Poldarn posted:

I got a new washer and dryer which are cool, but the washer is front loading and when I take clothes out they all come in a huge clump and some fall on the floor before I can put them in the dryer.

Laundry basket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a new washer and dryer as well. The washer has a drawer where you can wash a couple items (and/or delicates) and the whole thing is really quiet.

The FWP is that I need to paint the floor before Saturday and I'd rather do anything else.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
The WiFi on this plane is too slow for PS4 remote play.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

I took the trash out tonight and in the fifteen seconds I was outside, my three year old locked me out of the house. My wife was at work, so I had to call my mother at 9:30 to come let me in. When we get inside, my daughter is emerging from the pantry with a bag of mini marshmallows.

Events like this are why I never step outside without a key, even if it's for something quick like grabbing the mail.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A friend of mine casually complained that, on a whim, he tried to connect to undernet (an irc server) for the first time in ages, to see what (if anything) was going on that used to go on. I offered to help, because I have a haven't-used-in-ages irc client and why not?

I can't get it to connect, and while that should be enough for me to shrug my shoulders and move on, it's not and even though I have no real interest in irc chat rooms nowadays (to be honest, I can't remember if I ever really did), it's really loving annoying that I can't get it to work.

I figured this would count as a FWP since it's not even something I use anymore, but now I'm mad that it doesn't work and aaaaaugh.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Getting into Oxygen Not Included, don't know what I'm doing but don't want to look up any guides, want to figure it out myself

but it's haaaaarrrrrrrrrrd

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Accidentally dropped my keys into my toilet when it was full of piss and it was too gross to put my hand in the piss so I had to get a super long straw and pump out all the piss into a bucket, get my now damp but not piss submerged keys and then use the same straw to put all the piss back in the toilet and flush it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
You couldn't pour it out of the bucket?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

You couldn't pour it out of the bucket?

I didn’t have a second bucket

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I might have to wear a respiratory mask on vacation.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

oldpainless posted:

Accidentally dropped my keys into my toilet when it was full of piss and it was too gross to put my hand in the piss so I had to get a super long straw and pump out all the piss into a bucket, get my now damp but not piss submerged keys and then use the same straw to put all the piss back in the toilet and flush it.

Coulda just used a coat hanger to fish the keys out.

Wait, you had to use your mouth on the straw, huh?
I bet you liked it, you nasty boy.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

More like oldcoathangerless

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
There's a close to 100% chance an event I was looking forward to next week will be cancelled due to COVID.

Yes I do understand that stopping the spread of disease has the priority, I'm not arguing against that.

I'm just bummed. I was really looking forward to that event :(

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm crossing my fingers that covid19 doesn't delay the release of either doom eternal or animal crossing next month. I also hope my work doesn't shut down over it because I need the money sick or not, but like I have plenty of sick days I just don't want to ever use them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was going to visit Seoul to see family in a few weeks but I don't think that's happening. Over 700 cases reported in South Korea right now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Mikl posted:

There's a close to 100% chance an event I was looking forward to next week will be cancelled due to COVID.

Yes I do understand that stopping the spread of disease has the priority, I'm not arguing against that.

I'm just bummed. I was really looking forward to that event :(

Update: confirmed. Event is "postponed until further notice."

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I forgot to take my antidepressant yesterday morning, so this morning I woke up thinking I caught the flu. Thankfully I figured it out and took it this morning, but I'm gonna feel like garbage for the greater part of the day while I wait for the medicine to kick in again.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
At some point I got refuded about 19 bucks off Steam and I'm kinda jonesing for something new.

I have no real idea what game (or what sort of game) will interest me, which isn't helped by a lot of games in my wishlist being rated as Mixed in terms of reviews.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

MisterBibs posted:

At some point I got refuded about 19 bucks off Steam and I'm kinda jonesing for something new.

I have no real idea what game (or what sort of game) will interest me, which isn't helped by a lot of games in my wishlist being rated as Mixed in terms of reviews.

Play Hot Lava. It's only about £10 and it owns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5GkJ_OeEbo

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There's a local celebrity here at my workplace giving a talk and the AV kit we received does not include the battery pack for the lavalier mic, which defeats the purpose of having a lavalier mic. Nobody thought to check the contents of the box before sending it to us, as it includes instructions for unincluded equipment as well as two microphones requiring stands with no stands.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Last Podcast on the Left moved to Spotify and now I have to manage two different podcast players now (Pocketcasts and now Spotify).

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I've had a bad cold since last week and since I was traveling internationally the week before, but not to any of the hot spots, I figured I'd call the state health department to see if they want me to get tested for covid-19. They say check with the city or county health department, so I call them, but it turns out it's a county holiday and they're closed until tomorrow.

It's probably not even anything serious.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

My Xbox controller won’t work with batteries it only works plugging in a usb cable

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
The county implementing a ban on large gatherings (1000 or more people) due to coronavirus fears. :supaburn:

It's supposed to last three weeks and is going to impact a lot of concerts and sporting events. I work at a venue that hosts concerts and sporting events. I have a second job, but there aren't a lot of hours to go around right now and the pay isn't nearly as good. I knew some upcoming events were going to be postponed and there was a possibility of cancelling/postponing others, but jeez. I can apply for temporary unemployment benefits if I need to, but what the hell am I going to do with three weeks of free time? :sigh:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Double post 'cause they just officially announced that the upcoming games will continue as scheduled, but without fans in attendance. Only essential staff will be present. I am not essential staff. If there are no guests in the building, I have nothing to do.

On the upside, I ran into one of my managers at the bar tonight because I really needed to be out of the house, so I got the word directly from him, instead of the news. He also says he won't deny anybody's unemployment claims, but it just sucks having to file for unemployment when I have two goddamn jobs.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The tahini at Trader Joe's is fairly disgusting. Super thick with an unpleasantly bitter aftertaste. The house brand at Whole Foods is much creamier and richer and it's actually imported from Israel so it's the real stuff. I love Trader Joe's most times but once in a while they sell some trash to reach that low cost.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Got the call today about the rest of this month's shifts being cancelled. Had to reassure a coworker that yes we can actually file for unemployment and no they won't fight anyone's claim. It's only been 4 days since my last shift there but holy gently caress I'm already going stir-crazy and I'm depressed as gently caress. I looked at the calendar for next month and there are just a handful of events scheduled, and out of those, only two fall outside the county's mandatory ban. Assuming they don't extend it, the soonest I could possibly go back to work there is April 24. :shepicide:

I picked up a shift at the other job tonight, but I know my coworker only released it because they feel bad and want to help out. I don't want to take other people's hours when I know they need the money too. Possibly even more than I do, but someone convinced me to just accept the goddamn shift and stop being a baby over it. :sigh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm stuck at work again. First time in a while. Normally I would be incandescent with rage, but the new Accounts Manager actually answered their phone on the first try and has been very helpful locating rescue, which is why I am merely grumpled and why this is not in the "why was your day lovely" thread. Now, if I end up having to stay until the next shift change, that last part will be rectified :shepicide: but I choose to give this manager the benefit of the doubt. For now.

E: Well it still took them two hours more but they succeeded in extricating me from my overlong shift :toot: I award the point to the new manager, if only because at no point did they ever ask if I could stay until 3, and in fact assumed (correctly) that yes, I could, but I did not fuckin want to.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Mar 14, 2020

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I left the tartar sauce out overnight so welp, no more tartar sauce til the quarantine ends.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

my other first-world problem is that I'm a loving dumbass who forgot that he is perfectly capable of making tartar sauce if his whiny rear end absolutely must have it on the rectangular prism of frozen supermarket whitefish he just air-fried all to hell

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It was bad enough before the coronavirus happened and I was actually getting interviews, but it seems due to the scare the interview process is gonna be delayed, which sucks for me and will only make it harder to get back into a good job.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My job made some adjustments to my schedule, having me arrive a half an hour earlier. They just posted it on a piece of paper near the computer where I punch in and never told me about it until I was late the day it took effect.

I spent the last couple of days working myself into a solipsistic spiral of shame and second-guessing about not phone banking people to vote for Bernie in Illinois during a pandemic.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 05:12 on Mar 18, 2020

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

BioEnchanted posted:

It was bad enough before the coronavirus happened and I was actually getting interviews, but it seems due to the scare the interview process is gonna be delayed, which sucks for me and will only make it harder to get back into a good job.

I had an interview today and asked about next steps and they basically said nothing will happen until things calm down. Great. I work in hospitality right now as a stop-gap and I have one shift this week (that will probably be cancelled) and none at all next week.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
We got an email yesterday that maintenance is for emergencies only until further notice. So of course today the dryer stops working, mid-cycle.
Gonna have to switch to hand washing and drying :sigh:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have a very very mild sore throat and postnasal drip and I'm not sure what the appropriate level of panic is right now. No fever, if anything my temperature is a bit colder than usual. Probably just a regular loving cold or allergies or something, but I'm not taking any chances. I was planning to go to an open interview today, but even if this is just a regular cold there's no telling what anybody else there might have. :sigh:

I was gonna go grocery shopping too; thank god there's nothing I actually need right now. It just would have been convenient since, y'know, the interview was for a grocery store..

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Smart move.

Even if it’s the common cold, you don’t want to have an active respiratory infection if corona comes knocking.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I've been prescribed stuff for a suspected chest infection after a phone consultation today (no corona symptoms, asthma seems worse than usual the past few days, not coughing often and when I do its accompanied by a small pat of lung butter). Luckily I'm on annual leave this week anyway but my GP called me back about 3 mins after the initial call saying I should probably work from home as I'm in an at-risk group.
I'm a mental health support worker for an NHS partner, there's basically zero paperwork or anything I can do from home if I haven't seen my patients, and I've been advised not to see any. Tbh I'd rather be off "sick" and spend the time pursuing creative endeavours/vidya games than having to try to show what I've done for 8 hours a day home-working.

Apparently for med drops we ensure the patient is home, put the meds on the doorstep, retreat a few metres then call them and watch them pick them up. I can't even do that

NonzeroCircle has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Mar 19, 2020

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The Doom Eternal download spat back an error message that said Windows needed to download an update before proceeding.

After a lot of "wait, what, my computer does that on its own because I am bad at remembering to do so"s, I learned that my computer hasn't done the whole "call in to see what updates are out and silently update things" in over a year.

Knowing my luck and the way I do things, I changed it for a stupid temporary reason and forgot to switch it back.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My partner and I get to work from home during this whole ordeal, which is fabulous.

My friend gets paid administrative leave through JUNE because he's a non-essential hospital worker.

I'm so jealous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm one of the few that gets to wfh as well and a lot of games that I want to play just dropped and I'd rather have the time off to play them since we're all stuck at home anyways, but if I don't work I don't get paid.