Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm thinking of changing my username because it's boring (also because I just discovered there's a fairly popular youtuber named docm77 and my name is too similar; I already changed the name of my YouTube channel to "If All Else Fails Use Fire" because of that), but can't think of any names that aren't terrible jokes. :negative:

Maybe I should just go back to Doc Morbid. I shortened the name because it sounded too much of a teenage edgelord thing (Doc Morbid is actually an NPC in the original Fallout), but I guess it wasn't that bad in hindsight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Doc Mmmmmm

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

As much as I appreciate the Crash Test Dummies (the band, not the actual dummies they use in crash tests although I guess I appreciate their hard work as well) in all their early-90s cheesiness, I don't exactly want to remind people of them every time they see my username.

I am so, so bad at coming up with names for anything. :eng99: I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to decide on stuff like character names in RPGs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

other names:

-Dick Man
-Smokestack Almanac
-Peck My Kisser (popular atm)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I would def play an RPG about crash test dummies solving a murder.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kiss my pecker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Call yourself Doc Salubrious :shobon:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Doc Luther, Post match Legend

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Doc M posted:

As much as I appreciate the Crash Test Dummies (the band, not the actual dummies they use in crash tests although I guess I appreciate their hard work as well) in all their early-90s cheesiness, I don't exactly want to remind people of them every time they see my username.

I am so, so bad at coming up with names for anything. :eng99: I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to decide on stuff like character names in RPGs.

I recently changed my name and I just went with my OC from the story I wrote lol. I don't envy you. Micky Ds?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

One of the commentators on Dynamite did the spirit animal thing this week. Was pretty gross.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How about changing your name to "Shard 2"

You can also have my youtube account name, baggystyle. if you decide to use it, look me up on there and hit me with a subscribe

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 21, 2020

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
thinking about changing my username to Jerusalem

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Oh man what spirit animals are bad? Goddammit

I don’t want to be racist or appropriate things but I like the general construction of that particular thing. Dammit sorry

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

One of the commentators on Dynamite did the spirit animal thing this week. Was pretty gross.

Yeah I need context on this because I didn't hear the comment nor do I know why it's bad

Please educate me

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Here's some relevant reading.

Basically, reducing an oppressed culture's beliefs to an easily-commodified meme is bad

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Here's some relevant reading.

Basically, reducing an oppressed culture's beliefs to an easily-commodified meme is bad

Yup makes sense. Feel dumb I didn’t put it together before

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Hoo boy Picard just plain sucks.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

WatermelonGun posted:

thinking about changing my username to Jerusalem

Change it to Palestine and fued with jerusalem

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love Picard so far, but I'm not a big Star Trek watcher in general (I still haven't even watched the three semi-recent films, and the last thing I loved was Undiscovered Country) so I'm not gonna say that's the case for everyone, especially people who are already fans of the franchise

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

The Croc posted:

Change it to Palestine and fued with jerusalem

Change it to Spider and complete Jerusalem.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sometimes I'll be lying in bed, seconds away from falling asleep, when suddenly my brain desperately wants to think about Doobie's Dog House bullshit.

Fries.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pretend I posted AAAAAAAAAAA so much that it breaks everything including the space time continuum because that's my internal monologue right now.

I feel like a piece of poo poo for being as sad and scared and frustrated as I am but I feel like I'm going to break.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's tough. you have been going through this for a long time and there is not some kind of easy fix. I think you should try collecting amiibos. I'm not going to ask to borrow them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Samurai Foochs the Deacs writer is a piece of diamond encrusted californium. this is based on the intent to convey a comparison to a high monetary value. not anything else. I don't know what californium is besides being worth a lot more than anything else except for antimatter. I refuse to call my friend antimatter due to the high risk of misunderstanding

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

It's tough. you have been going through this for a long time and there is not some kind of easy fix. I think you should try collecting amiibos. I'm not going to ask to borrow them

I will take it under advisement.

Also in case anyone wonders or is concerned about it, I am in professional therapy. I'm also paying for it out of pocket actually, which is Kind Of Bullshit. But those who've been in therapy know too, sometimes you need friends and everything, in addition to the professional support.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Doc M, a good name you can change to, would be Dr. Drengele, and your avatar could be a black and white photo of Dr. Dre in a nazi uniform

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gonna hang out at the post office like a creep tomorrow

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love going to the post office for some reason. Makes me feel like an actual adult who gets important business done.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have a really sweet headset at work and im 💯 lifting it on my last week

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

I love going to the post office for some reason. Makes me feel like an actual adult who gets important business done.

its the open top engine of american bureaucracy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Today I joined a Japanese language club organized by the university. Four native speakers helping us learners out. Seems like a fun group of people, excited to get to speak real Japanese with natives because that’s the one thing you can’t practice at home and also the Japanese course I’m attending, while good, isn’t really a natural environment either.

I was happy to notice that while I still have a lot to learn (biggest problem is missing a ton of vocabulary at this point), I was able to follow most of the conversations and even able to contribute to a couple of ones.

Gosh learning languages is just the best. I want to learn all the languages but alas I have to do it one by one and extremely slowly

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 21, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched the aviator it was 8 hours long. best leo performance? perhaps. i watched f for fake right after just by coincidence. i'd seen it before but forgot it was about cliff irving lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

extradite THIS! posted:

Today I joined a Japanese language club organized by the university. Four native speakers helping us learners out. Seems like a fun group of people, excited to get to speak real Japanese with natives because that’s the one thing you can’t practice at home and also the Japanese course I’m attending, while good, isn’t really a natural environment either.

I was happy to notice that while I still have a lot to learn (biggest problem is missing a ton of vocabulary at this point), I was able to follow most of the conversations and even able to contribute to a couple of ones.

Gosh learning languages is just the best. I want to learn all the languages but alas I have to do it one by one and extremely slowly

mizu means water

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

i watched the aviator it was 8 hours long. best leo performance? perhaps. i watched f for fake right after just by coincidence. i'd seen it before but forgot it was about cliff irving lol

f for fake best movie ever

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've seen the reactions to native Japanese speakers being told that someone is learning Japanese because of anime or video games. What's the reaction to learning for pro wrestling?

NienNunb posted:

f for fake best movie ever

Hell yeah. I watched it in a group that didn't know anything about it (including me) and we flipped out at a part near the end.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kentucky moss means thanks for the food.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

kentucky moss means thanks for the food.

god damnit

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TTBF posted:

I've seen the reactions to native Japanese speakers being told that someone is learning Japanese because of anime or video games. What's the reaction to learning for pro wrestling?

I told them I like four things about Japan: food, movies, language and PRO WRESTLING. They said it was sugoi

I am not sure I believe them

Edit: At least I had other reasons beside anime and video games because there definitely were a couple of those people in the group lol

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 22, 2020

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I started watching anime a couple years ago, so I’m obviously fluent if you need any pointers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I saw a movie when I was young that ended with two characters arguing about how to end the movie. One keeps bringing up popular endings to other movies they could ape, only to be shot down by the second character who says stuff like "Casablanca did it," or whatever movie. And in the end, one of them suggests, "what if we just duck out of the frame and crawl away?" And they do. And the movie ends.

Anybody know what the gently caress I'm talking about? This one's been bothering me.