Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That just makes it cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Weird choice! But it still looks cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Isn’t that from a whole line of G1 beast formers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's inspired by some fan art book of TFs updated with beast modes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So tangentially related due to some stuff

As a kid who grew up never engaging with GI Joe media but seeing their designs and toys everywhere, I always thought two things about it- Snake Eyes was the coolest one, and there was no way he was one of the good guys because the good guys never get designs like that.

I was very surprised later in life when I found out the truth

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
PICS

https://www.ign.com/articles/toy-fa...mX7k4bwzzWHMjwo

Skorp, Sky Lynx (TWO PEECEES), new Arcee.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

PICS

SKY LYNX SKY LYNX SKY LYNX SKY LYNX

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FirstAidKite posted:

Was tidal wave a good transformer

First transformers I ever saw was armada and I know armada was real bad and I forgot a lot of the names from it but I ended up stumbling across tidal wave again and how dumb he was and how he was an aircraft carrier iirc and I'm wondering if he ever got any good toys or if he was just a dumb armada decepticon who never got used outside of armada (idk what happened to him outside of armada, I don't even know if armada was his debut or what)

e: somehow I forgot that I watched beast wars a lot before armada and that I even had a beast wars toy (though it was a really lovely beast wars toy, like, the shittiest, it was the orca that turns into a base)

Tidal Wave only really has two major flaws, he doesn't have knees, and he can't move his head, otherwise he's probably one of the Armada figures that holds up the best(not counting all the Beast Era toys that got reused in Armada's later waves)

Burkion posted:

So tangentially related due to some stuff

As a kid who grew up never engaging with GI Joe media but seeing their designs and toys everywhere, I always thought two things about it- Snake Eyes was the coolest one, and there was no way he was one of the good guys because the good guys never get designs like that.

I was very surprised later in life when I found out the truth

It becomes hilarious once you find out the reason why he's all black in color

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh god that sky lynx. :stwoon:

Is the grey dude the one who comes with Skorponok?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Skorp due in August? Killer!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So I guess it's possible to get a screen accurate Arcee without a giant backpack if you TAKE THE ENTIRE rear end OF THE CAR OFF

I guess if Optimus Prime can store his trailer off screen, so can she

I won't comment on the return of the Shapely Pelvis except to note the return of the Shapely Pelvis. Seriously, Hastak, if you're gonna do this, rifle out a Hunk Springer as well. It's only fair.

Sky Lynx rocks though and I cannot wait to hook his spaceport mode up to Omega Supreme to create LAUNCH CENTRAL. I really hope he gets to keep the NASA worm logo and "Magnificence".

e: those G1 beastmode 3Ps look like they own bones

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also Skorp is definitely an Omega Supreme retool.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phy posted:

So I guess it's possible to get a screen accurate Arcee without a giant backpack if you TAKE THE ENTIRE rear end OF THE CAR OFF

I guess if Optimus Prime can store his trailer off screen, so can she

I won't comment on the return of the Shapely Pelvis except to note the return of the Shapely Pelvis. Seriously, Hastak, if you're gonna do this, rifle out a Hunk Springer as well. It's only fair.

She's got similar proportions to the Masterpiece which is interesting to me. Though her titshelf isn't near as bad and it looks like her front actually connects to her body

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe WJ will upscale it the way they did the first Generations one.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Phy posted:

What?

Everything to make things as screen accurate as possible I guess. I wager her alt-mode without the rear end end of the car would be like this.

https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/999319879592435712

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ok sorry to flame toys, i got confused, it was Big Firebird who made Pussy Arcee

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supposedly the Toyworld version of Arceewas going to have a removable shield that filled out the back end that was never sorted out so it went to production without it

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah can we not discuss old weird roboboobery unless it's relevant?
Maybe I'm not fully awake but can we not?

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
That Scorp and Sky Lynx look so drat good!!!

Secht fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 20, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Another thing that Arcee has over the Masterpiece?

Better coloring. I'll take white face Arcee over weird pink that never happened in the show

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god that sky lynx. :stwoon:

Is the grey dude the one who comes with Skorponok?

Yeah, Fasttrack, his equivalent of Cog, Six Gun, and Brunt.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:thunk:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So which one is Zarak?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, for some strange reason I don't think the 3P companies get to complain

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rhyno posted:

PICS

Sky Lynx and Skorp are a must buy for me. I love the tiny legs on Sky Lynx's "bird" form.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Got two Diaclones today and one is an absolute unit. Will post pics over the weekend probably.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Apparently FlameToys has pulled the images of their Waifublade figure. I gotta stay off twitter for a while as there are many salty anime avatars trying very hard not to appear angry over that.

And sorry about my thoughtless posting earlier. English is my third language and I was beat after hellish workday that wasn't even over then.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
holla at chboy

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Rhyno posted:

It's inspired by some fan art book of TFs updated with beast modes.

See, this is poo poo I 100% want to see more of. If we're gonna see G1 toy redeco #437, do some crazy poo poo with it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So as I sit on a Digimon reboot that's basically just a remake of the first anime, coming months after a movie releases set in the original continuity, I wonder

Has G1 Transformers ever actually been revisited since Beast Machines? In animated form, and the original animated continuity. Because I know that IDW did a kind of alternate ending of the Marvel Comics G1 continuity that was...questionable. But I don't think the animated continuity has ever been brought back.

That seems kind of remarkable given that their default toy pandering is G1

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
IDW did a couple of Bumblebee-centric tie-in comics that use the animation models and specifically happen "during that episode while he's off screen".

drrockso20 posted:

It becomes hilarious once you find out the reason why he's all black in color
I ain't gonna figure this out solo, please tell.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Arquinsiel posted:

IIRC, it was a cost-saving move when they released the toy. He was all black with no paint decos. Just a solid black lump.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
I feel like this was a really good opportunity to update Arcee and instead she's just standing on half her alt mode so that sucks.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Triple-Kan posted:

I feel like this was a really good opportunity to update Arcee and instead she's just standing on half her alt mode so that sucks.

We had a good updated Arcee, she was in Prime.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

We had a good updated Arcee, she was in Prime.

Also for the record Sumalee Montano is very cool and good. At her job of playing female Autobot warrior and just in general.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I don’t know, do I want a Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime?

Prime shelf is running out of prime real estate.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s pretty neat, but that God Bomber or whatever the hell it is that Rhyno has looks like the prime Prime upgrade.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s pretty neat, but that God Bomber or whatever the hell it is that Rhyno has looks like the prime Prime upgrade.

Yeah that thing is badass; I got it in black.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Arquinsiel posted:

IDW did a couple of Bumblebee-centric tie-in comics that use the animation models and specifically happen "during that episode while he's off screen".

So when they were developing the first wave of the A Real American Hero line they found out they wouldn't have enough budget to properly decal and paint the whole group, so rather than make the whole line look worse they decided that instead the way to go would be to have one figure have no paint or decals at all, and they fortunately had one mold that depicted a character who was fully covered from head to toe, this would become Snake-Eyes, and everyone involved found it both surprising and funny that the toy with no paint on it would end up one of the most popular figures in that first wave(probably didn't hurt that Larry Hama rather quickly established him as a badass in the Marvel comic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I... Kinda like that Arcee's back half turns into a cool Daniel-style hoverboard.