Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Dixie Chicks' fans ghosted them after they came out against GWB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the sword of Chiang

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lumberjacks hanged spotted owls in effigy

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The American culture war circa 2002-2004 had different fault lines than the culture war of the Trump era, but was no less vicious and stupid.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Echo Chamber posted:

When a 2003 teen comedy starring Amanda Bynes had a poster with a politically offensive gesture that had to be edited out

When a 2004 christmas movie produced for the hallmark channel had two versions filmed in parallel so they could hedge their bets on if this "homosexuals existing" thing was just a passing trend

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Filthy Hans posted:

A bunch of top Republican Senators were caught on tape talking about how Dana Rohrbacher is a Russian asset and then they tried to laugh the whole thing off

house reps but yeah

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
you're either with us or the terrorists

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
sikhs getting beat up

sikhs

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

remember back in the ages before dinosaurs first roamed the earth when donald asked if he could buy greenland, then canceled a meeting with denmark when they told him no? lol

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
im vaguely remembering a west wing episode where a democrat cancels social securityy

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
the west wing in its entirety is a big laugh, and what the gently caress is up with the lighting in that show

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"ah hrm the whitehouse has nothing but spotlights and floor lamps and it's always 8pm"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mooyashi posted:

the west wing in its entirety is a big laugh, and what the gently caress is up with the lighting in that show

Wasn't the final episode about like the president finally signing a bill to cut social security or some poo poo

I can hear the swelling music now just thinking about it

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlHo-F1z_aw

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

remember back in the ages before dinosaurs first roamed the earth when donald asked if he could buy greenland, then canceled a meeting with denmark when they told him no? lol

jesus christ i forgot that one

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I suddenly remembered Kellyanne Conway's husband hates Trump with the fury of a thousand suns and they...just don't talk about it at home.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk

so weird hearing him this lucid

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

The Local Milk People

The who now?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Bored Online posted:

im vaguely remembering a west wing episode where a democrat cancels social securityy

President Bartlett accomplished more of Bush's domestic agenda than Bush lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tulip posted:

President Bartlett accomplished more of Bush's domestic agenda than Bush lol

TV-makers are obsessed with having the main characters be Democrats whose policy planks are all Republican things

like remember House of Cards where ostensible Democrat Kevin Spacey's entire campaign platform for president is "cancel all entitlement programs so those lazy poors have to get jobs instead" and the show has him speaking to giant rallies where they cheer and chant along as he says "you are entitled to nothing"

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

TV-makers are obsessed with having the main characters be Democrats whose policy planks are all Republican things

like remember House of Cards where ostensible Democrat Kevin Spacey's entire campaign platform for president is "cancel all entitlement programs so those lazy poors have to get jobs instead" and the show has him speaking to giant rallies where they cheer and chant along as he says "you are entitled to nothing"

I must have stopped watching before this because earlier in the show he has a jobs for all program very cool

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

Jerry Cotton posted:

The who now?

We wonder to this day.

an absolute president posted:

“I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/04/local-milk-people-donald-trumps-odd-expression-inspires-memes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Comrayn posted:

I must have stopped watching before this because earlier in the show he has a jobs for all program very cool

the way i remember it is he has a jobs for all program but he pays for that program by getting rid of all entitlements

basically a republican wet dream, you get a bunch of indentured servants who you can assign to whatever job you want them in and they can never quit because if they do then they starve to death

and in the show this is extremely popular with democratic voters lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

The Local Milk People

You have the milk that comes from cows in the south

And from cows in the north

Going backwards and forwards

Mixed to together in the same...factory

And it comes out as baileys

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

vyelkin posted:

the way i remember it is he has a jobs for all program but he pays for that program by getting rid of all entitlements

basically a republican wet dream, you get a bunch of indentured servants who you can assign to whatever job you want them in and they can never quit because if they do then they starve to death

and in the show this is extremely popular with democratic voters lmao

This is a galaxy brain understanding of he politics of full employment (capitalists hate it because firing people isn't an existential threat if they can easily find other employment) but it's fair to say that Spacey President is a comically anachronistic dixiecrat.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Obama doing a Frank Underwood impression

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Kevin spacey's "let me be frank" video

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
Obama watched Fleabag masturbate to him

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

When a 2004 christmas movie produced for the hallmark channel had two versions filmed in parallel so they could hedge their bets on if this "homosexuals existing" thing was just a passing trend

fuckign amazing

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Kevin spacey's "let me be frank" video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

most of the comments are people talking how Kevin Spacey's accusers are all mysteriously perishing

The Ghost of Ember
Mar 21, 2009
Remember when there was a massive op/ed push about how the Republican party was going to split in two over the Trump nomination

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
"This is Major Jeb to Newsmax Prime / I'm stepping through the door..."

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
when Obama was elected and he had a ton of promises he needed to live up to and the websites would list the ones he did and didn't and to inflate the score they included the promise where he said he would let his daughters get a dog

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
if that's the same one i'm thinking of it also had "tried closing guantanamo" on there

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Aww there's one out there with a different Jeb! face I wonder if this is the original.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
There's a story line on the West Wing where the president nominates a conservative justice and a liberal justice to keep the balance of SCOTUS

There's a story line on 24 where the US government drops a low-yield nuke on totally-not-iran to pressure the president of not-iran to give them information on some terrorist poo poo and the whole thing was treated as a minor plot point in the episode.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

MikeCrotch posted:

Frank Sinatra said she gave him the best blowjob he ever had

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
When John McCain died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkqqVltyNE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
when mike bloomberg threatened to enter the 2016 race if bernie won the nomination and then actually did in 2020 just to throw away hundreds of millions of dollars on being publicly humiliated in front of the whole country