Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/3amsoda/status/1228488983824470016?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

how soon we forget Isabelle loves that vacation juice
https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1146874127661305857?s=20

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just want my favorite villagers from my ancient gamecube village to be on my island: bones, patty, scoot and iggy

and rasher too because was was an og and i miss him (he moved to my sister's village when i visited it).

jesus christ i've had that village for longer than a substantial portion of people who will have new horizons have even been alive

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i just want my favorite villagers from my ancient gamecube village to be on my island: bones, patty, scoot and iggy

and rasher too because was was an og and i miss him (he moved to my sister's village when i visited it).

jesus christ i've had that village for longer than a substantial portion of people who will have new horizons have even been alive

The only villager I immediately remember from my gamecube save is Mitzi. (I'm pretty sure I still have the save as well, or at least I saw the memory card recently.)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Hihohe posted:

I need that baby blue goat. hes my spirit animal

hey friend you shouldn't say that!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

give me bob or go to hell!

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Terraforming and movable everything looks incredible. What a goddamn exciting option. I'm going to go mad designing something truly insane/opulent once given the reins.

It's probably a bad sign I'm naming it Ys, but fate be damned.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my terraforming plans involve making niagra falls on my island

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder if going full terraforming is something they decided to take a bold new risk on or something they always wanted to do but only now have the hardware to manage it.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Color Printer posted:

give me bob or go to hell!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I hope the camera mode is similar to Mario odyssey’s freecam. I’ll spend hours trying to do funny photos

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Over time I'll reduce my island to dust while trying to make it look cool, I'm sure.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah Bob is ok, but Moe is my BOY

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wonder if they'll bring back the promo Amiibo villagers from New Leaf, like the Zelda tie-ins and the Callie and Marie cosplayers.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I hope the camera mode is similar to Mario odyssey’s freecam. I’ll spend hours trying to do funny photos

There's a freaking Say Cheese button that makes them look at the camera.

You can see all pan/zoom options, at 12:45 in the Direct. Looks like a button for filters too. 24:43 shows even more options in Harvey's studio. Guess I'm making a Twitter account just for AC.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

punchy crew checking in

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
The only villager I care about is NATE

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

kidcoelacanth posted:

punchy crew checking in

Punchy amiibo card is like $15 on ebay atm.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i will not be paying real-rear end money for the pixel cat

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I'm ordering a bunch of NFC stickers just so I can have Coco back. Love that weird hollow skulled clay golem.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hi, so i'm confused about this amiibo stuff and what will work and what won't. Here's my question- will Julian work if I get him from here - https://www.etsy.com/listing/591841..._search_click=1 ?

I need Julian.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I ain't touching amiibo stuff. I get my aminals the old fashioned way. The campsite and a lotta hope.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Put me into a loving coma til this game comes out

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Hi, so i'm confused about this amiibo stuff and what will work and what won't. Here's my question- will Julian work if I get him from here - https://www.etsy.com/listing/591841..._search_click=1 ?

I need Julian.
It should work. Maybe check reviews, but I know someone who had Sanrio keychains, and it worked for getting furniture in new leaf.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I need Julian.

Seems like it should. I'm assuming those just gave a bootleg NFC amiibo coded tag in there, though it's a bit of a pricy option.
If you have a NFC capable Android phone you should be able to get some Ntag215 stickers and make your own. I'm going to give it a shot, anyway.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

Seems like it should. I'm assuming those just gave a bootleg NFC amiibo coded tag in there, though it's a bit of a pricy option.
If you have a NFC capable Android phone you should be able to get some Ntag215 stickers and make your own. I'm going to give it a shot, anyway.

Thanks. I have a work book bag with a bunch of cool keychains on it so I wouldn't mind adding Julian, especially if it gives me access to him in game. I'm cool with rando villagers, but I need my space unicorn!

edit - i ordered Julian so I will eventually report back!

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 21, 2020

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Today I learned that I can't program my implanted NFC with an Amiibo. I'm very sad now.

Seeing that inventory expansion from 20 to 40 slots is amazing, and looks like everything can be stacked. Sucks that tools still take up slots, but the tool wheel helps a bunch. She even had a fan accessory bound to a slot.

Does the Magic Wand select outfits or single clothing pieces?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1230869787900698624?s=20

383 villagers...

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

For spoofing cards, there's also an app you can install on a (new) 3DS if you have CFW on it. It's the same process with writing to ntag215 stickers/cards etc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

So 50 more than New Leaf launched with but 16 less than it had after the Welcome Amiibo! Update.

I wonder who didn't make the cut outside the Sanrio chars.

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

I think they're sticking to the villagers represented by amiibo cards (minus Sanrio) because Series 1-4 + the Welcome Amiibo series adds up to 383. Did the 399 count for New Leaf include the Splatoon and Zelda characters? They might not be back.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Clara posted:

I think they're sticking to the villagers represented by amiibo cards (minus Sanrio) because Series 1-4 + the Welcome Amiibo series adds up to 383. Did the 399 count for New Leaf include the Splatoon and Zelda characters? They might not be back.

Yeah it included all the crossover promo characters

3 Splatoon chars, 4 Zelda chars, 1 Monster Hunter char, 6 Sanrio and then the 2 Japanese exclusives would account for the difference.

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 21, 2020

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gimme Rosie. Also that Hipster Cat and Sassy Horse can come too.

Most hilarious in NL is when I randomly got Marshall and only then learned he was hot poo poo on the villager black market. I was suddenly impressed with myself for no reason.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey, I've never played an Animal Crossing before except for a bit of the Wii one where I wildly misunderstood the point of the game and hated it due to it.

I just bought the last one because it looks way too cute not to and all of my friends are into it.

Is there anything I should keep in mind when it releases or should I just have fun?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hey, I've never played an Animal Crossing before except for a bit of the Wii one where I wildly misunderstood the point of the game and hated it due to it.

I just bought the last one because it looks way too cute not to and all of my friends are into it.

Is there anything I should keep in mind when it releases or should I just have fun?

Just have fun tbh.

Play with your friends or goons to visit other towns or show off your own.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You'll want to just have fun but also follow this thread because we need to all band together to exploit the Stalk Market.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Are these amibo cards the happy home ones because I was given some of those and binned them..

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Blaze Dragon posted:

No way, just have fun!

I mean, maybe the only useful tip I can offer (which I may have misinterpreted) is to pay off your introductory home/tent loan with Nook Miles (the in-game achievement point currency) instead of with bells, so you've got more spending money in the early game, when it's actually valuable. Apparently, only this first loan can be paid with Nook Miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Any idea if nook mile quests are like dailies or if they are going to get more challenging as you complete more of them?