Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I have switched my region to PnZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

DrOgreface posted:

gamer, same

Hauki
May 11, 2010

DrOgreface posted:

hell, same

because it was my only region that wasn’t 8+ yet

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
pnz's best cards (in no real order):

1.) mystic shot
2.) T Beam
3.) Get excited
4.) Ezrael
5.) Heimer
6.) Boomcrew Rookie

If these cards are necessary for a deck you want to play go for it. They drop off pretty hard after these (Teemo, chumpwump, Jinx, casl salesman and progress day are the next best ones, then it's pretty sparse unless i forgot something).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 19, 2020

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I think I’m at 5k shards, a few epic wild cards, and about ten rare and ten common wild cards. So getting close to most of a deck

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

DrOgreface posted:

:smugdog:

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
Went 7-0 for the first time with a blood red aggro deck. People planning to pull off lots of cool combos and late game bombs can't do much against a row of beefy boys on turn 6. Darius is a great aggro closer - probably not in constructed, definitely in draft.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
It seems that when one of main meta decks is trying to kill you by turn 5-6 and the other is a "control" combo deck that wants to stall before killing you over a couple turns, running a lot of dumb heal cards is pretty good and screws them over. I put something totally unoptimized together off the top of my head and went 9-0 straight into plat

I'd share the deck but it's so embarrassingly janky and just working with the cards I have, you can probably come up with something as good or better just adopting the above principle

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I have to say that I'm more impressed right now with the variety of decks I see. The majority seem to be mass aggro like above, or elusive with buffs, but I'm just in lowly bronze.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Is there a pop up confirmation prompt if you use a wild card to craft something in deck edit mode? I’m thinking it’s weird that I have more rare wild cards than common ones and I’m wondering if I’ve accidentally crafted stuff...

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Oh no, it's all RDW now. Oh no

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

Studio posted:

Oh no, it's all RDW now. Oh no

I'm not at high rank but it seems very counterable

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Like, throw two lifesteal followers in your deck and you just win.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

DrOgreface posted:

Is there a pop up confirmation prompt if you use a wild card to craft something in deck edit mode? I’m thinking it’s weird that I have more rare wild cards than common ones and I’m wondering if I’ve accidentally crafted stuff...

You tend to burn through green cards faster as decks are made up of more of them, and you don't get as many green wildcards compared to the ratio of your deckbuilding.

But you can go into your purchases and refund the ones you haven't used in a match yet to reclaim your wildcards as well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Like, throw two lifesteal followers in your deck and you just win.
Emerald awakener, the 3 mana 2/2 that dies to mystic shot? kinkou lifeblade the 4 mana 2/2 that dies to mystic shot? Or the 5/6 mana lifestealers that you cant cast before you're dead? And those are the three factions that have lifesteal at all! I think of the lifesteal minions radiant guardian and maybe darkwater scourge are the only ones that come close to autowin but they're both fairly conditional.

The jinx deck isnt op but it'll take more than that... the best cards to beat it are avalanche, vile feast, grasp i think. Heimer and Ezrael are not decks I'd encourage right now and I don't think there's much you can do to improve the matchup a whole lot.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 20, 2020

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Grasp, wail are both good cards. The burn deck is not an issue lol

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

No Wave posted:

And those are the three factions that have lifesteal at all! I think of the lifesteal minions radiant guardian and maybe darkwater scourge are the only ones that come close to autowin but they're both fairly conditional.

Darkwater scourge is a pretty essential for the SI control kama decks and flips the board if you get a deathblade on hand.

Allows you to survive until you get to 10 mana

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Welp I got the shittiest expedition deck but I drew my one (1) frenzied skitterer so I still managed to win a game. I'm still trying to understand why this card wasn't hit by the patch.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Tornhelm posted:

You tend to burn through green cards faster as decks are made up of more of them, and you don't get as many green wildcards compared to the ratio of your deckbuilding.

But you can go into your purchases and refund the ones you haven't used in a match yet to reclaim your wildcards as well.

I didn’t think I had crafted anything yet and my purchases are empty, so I’m good. I just have gotten rewards that work out to having like 15 rare wildcards and 10 common ones.

Of course, I keep waffling on what deck I should craft first so who knows how long before I actually craft any cards... I was thinking of a Frostbite midrange deck but now I’m leaning towards an Ionia PnZ tempo deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Idk what ionia pnz tempo would look like (i assume zed would be involved). Neither faction trades very well.

Things are really up in the air atm. Fearsome is still good (but not as good as it was a week ago), otherwise any of these decks could become really bad really fast.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Oops, I meant Noxus Ionia, I saw this SuperJJ list:
https://decksofruneterra.com/decks/i47ITA3O

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I have a similar deck which is a bit slower, it's pretty fun.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

DrOgreface posted:

Oops, I meant Noxus Ionia, I saw this SuperJJ list:
https://decksofruneterra.com/decks/i47ITA3O
jj finally got his third yasuo!

He makes the deck look good on stream but just be warned it's probably not the strongest deck out there and crafting yasuos fences you into specific archetypes pretty hard. On the other hand, trying to optimize a yasuo list is a game that could last forever so it may be good value.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Also this :siren: elusive :siren: deck was an easy three wins for me today: https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/bp7aaq6lnis9r90shj0g

Casting deny for 4 mana is just funny, it's great against the dumbass SI control decks that are around. The new jeweled protector is great anti-control as well.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like playing against Yasuo decks in my slow-rear end climb towards a decent rank because it's 99% of the time people that are way too bad to be playing a Yasuo deck and I just shove spiders on their mouth.

"ah but it's brainless" well gently caress you you clearly don't have the brains either at least i admit it

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
At what point in ranked does everyone turn off auto pass to stop leaking hand information? And are there any in game rewards for playing ranked and climbing?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think a lot of the highest ranked players have auto pass on. No rewards announced or hinted at.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You can juke the autopass anyways as long as you're quick about it.

Took a few days off to do FFXIV things, has meta changed much other than the Death of Elusives?

God I hate expeditions. I hate them. It's such a huge waste of time to play some total janky garbage for two hours until you hit "Triple Hecarim Dawn and Dusk" or some other janky rear end poo poo that if you were playing a real deck you could have stopped but because you're playing LITERAL GARBAGE you have no answer for. Even when it's YOUR janky garbage that wins when you really, absolutely shouldn't have it isn't fun.

I would literally NEVER play this mode willingly. EVER. But there's a huge loot pinata at the end of it so you have to try-hard and you have to do it TWICE because of course you do.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I just gave up on my double lovely rear end expedition yesterday, surrendered twice, took my champion card and went back to constructed

And then I played against 5 control decks in a row and closed the game

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

build a hyper aggro nox piltz zaun deck to go against it

Those decks are the one loving me when I play control karma right now

mistaya posted:

I would literally NEVER play this mode willingly. EVER. But there's a huge loot pinata at the end of it so you have to try-hard and you have to do it TWICE because of course you do.

Also I dunno I love playing expeditions in general.

Making a janky deck hit 6 or 7 wins is always satisfying as hell. You have to play so differently compared to constructed that its nice

Haven't tried it out since the patch so I guess I'll see how it will feel like next week

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 21, 2020

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Oh sure, but watching your enemy spam removal for 5-6 turns then alt-tab while he pops his karma/heimer/whatever and his 50 spells gets old real fast. Even if I beat them, it's just really boring to play against. Sometimes I'd just like to smash cards against each other without each side playing 3 buffs and 5 removals.

Eraflure fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Feb 21, 2020

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No one's putting your hand on the mouse and clicking the "expedition" button

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

... but the champion card :(

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
People who don't like expeditions just start one with the free token and then claim the card immediately, then ignore it till the next week

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Baller Time posted:

People who don't like expeditions just start one with the free token and then claim the card immediately, then ignore it till the next week

Expeditions really are the best though. Like, I loving hated arenas in Hearthstone, but expeditions (at least to me) are substantially more fun. Also, I may have gotten someone up to 150 puffcaps with an expedition deck since I'm a horrible human being.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"You don't have to play the thing that can potentially give you several thousands of EXP and bonus rewards!" While technically correct, if you want to get more cards for constructed you also want to get as much EXP as possible to unlock the capsules. So if I want to have more fun in constructed, I feel obligated to play expedition even though I don't like it. If you do like it, congrats, I'm glad you like it.

I tried out the Spooky Karma swim has listed and I just don't get how to play it properly. It feels like your hand bricks off the opener half the time. What are you supposed to be mulliganing for in that deck?

mistaya fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 21, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

mistaya posted:

"You don't have to play the thing that can potentially give you several thousands of EXP and bonus rewards!" While technically correct, if you want to get more cards for constructed you also want to get as much EXP as possible to unlock the capsules. So if I want to have more fun in constructed, I feel obligated to play expedition even though I don't like it. If you do like it, congrats, I'm glad you like it.

I tried out the Spooky Karma swim has listed and I just don't get how to play it properly. It feels like your hand bricks off the opener half the time. What are you supposed to be mulliganing for in that deck?

It was also built for a denyless meta which for me hasn't existed , every deck starts holding up deny by the time your big plays are online

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Swim's karma list doesnt make sense outside of the one day he played it where every game in masters was a harrowing SI mirror.

I've had great expedition luck tbh but after six entries it seems like there are three good archetypes (elusives, demacia + anything, and control SI) and then all the buckets to avoid. Issue is the 7 wins reward is so good that I don't want to experiment more but that's all I see in my opponent's decks too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 21, 2020

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Last night I was on near mono Demacia (fiora, elites, with an SI splash for rekindler and vengeance) and my game 7 boss fight was against a balls deep mono Noxus Triple Darius deck. Just a poo poo ton of Overwhelm, tricks and Trifaran Glory Seekers. That was a cool rear end 7 wins and it was thrilling in a way that your 12 win HS arena deck or your 7win MTGA deck isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I've been finding success in deleting certain types with the Karma deck in general

Just have to tank a couple of hits early on and heal it back up through spell and minions. Often the opponent's hand is empty while my hp is over 18

Problem comes down to dealing with the super aggro decks and well control can't do much against those