Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I don’t like Diet Coke, but Coke Zero is my jam

I, for one, prefer zero Coke. Ew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Artificial sweeteners in drinks are usually ok, but I can't stand it when they put it in yogurt. Absolutely nauseating.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I can drink a Coke once a summer, that’s about it. And I will not drink anything with artificial sweeteners or xylitol or stevia, because no matter what, that godawful aftertaste is there.

Say what you want about La Croix and the like, but it’s a fantastic alternative to zero-sugar sodas.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Modal Auxiliary posted:

If you've never added corn to your chili you've basically squandered your entire life.
There are chili purists who look at all of the corn and beans in that chili and refuse it.

More for me. If there's no spicy heat then I'll bring some blended chipotles in adobo to kick it up.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I can drink a Coke once a summer, that’s about it. And I will not drink anything with artificial sweeteners or xylitol or stevia, because no matter what, that godawful aftertaste is there.

Say what you want about La Croix and the like, but it’s a fantastic alternative to zero-sugar sodas.

There's also those Mio water additive things, those are pretty good and tons of flavor

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Mexican Coke is great because it doesn't taste like caramel colored corn syrup.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I don't buy LaCroix because it's overpriced as hell, but I love me some sparkling water with a hint of flavour. I buy off brand LaCroix.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

I don't buy LaCroix because it's overpriced as hell, but I love me some sparkling water with a hint of flavour. I buy off brand LaCroix.

Le Crocks

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Helith posted:

There’s Vietnamese egg coffee that is made with eggs mixed with coffee and condensed milk.

The Vietnamese sludge coffee is also delicious. You NEED that bit of condensed milk in there, trust me.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

There's also those Mio water additive things, those are pretty good and tons of flavor

And the cheaper store brand alternatives.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

If it doesnt have a windows 95 era laptop in the center and every quadrant is a totally different type of pizza...don't buy it

It was definitely four different things, they wouldn’t actually let me choose less than four types for one pizza. Only the Quattro formaggi had that weird cream goo, hidden under the melted ‘mozzarella’ and ‘parmesan’.

Palmito on a pizza is actually good, though.

Sorry, no photos, by the time it came I was stupid hungry. They also sent 1kg of fries in a soggy box.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I won't drink La Croix because they intentionally pronounce it wrong and I'm just French enough to be extremely petty about that.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

angerbeet posted:

I won't drink La Croix because they intentionally pronounce it wrong and I'm just French enough to be extremely petty about that.

Oh poo poo yeah. I saw it in text long before I ever heard anyone say it aloud.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

And I will not drink anything with artificial sweeteners or xylitol or stevia, because no matter what, that godawful aftertaste is there.

The UK sugar tax made several companies ruin their drinks with artificial sweeteners.

Ribena now tastes awful :cry:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

angerbeet posted:

The name is a combination of La Crosse, Wisconsin, and the St. Croix river. The St. Croix river is indeed pronounced "croy".

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

angerbeet posted:

If you are French enough you won't drink La Croix because it's actually bleach

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

gschmidl posted:

Leave out the peas and yup. This is a traditional recipe here (the bologna is fried in the skin and becomes a "dish" of sort; fill with fried egg, potatoes, or spinach).

Not picking on you specifically, gschmidl, but it keeps coming up and bugging me. Just a suggestion for the thread in general ---

If you say something is "traditional/uncommon/'I've never heard of anyone doing this' here", could you specify the country? This goes for US goons as well, I'm not trying to be all "heh, crazy foreigners". In the case of US/Aus/Canada/Russia, which are big rear end countries, maybe add your region as well.

I understand privacy and not wanting to get doxxed, but just saying "this a traditional recipe here (Latveria), it was Doctor Doom's favorite dish blah blah blah" might get folks more interested in your cuisine! (Or avoid it, whatever.)

I'm not the OP nor a mod, but I like learning about different places and thought it might be a good suggestion. Take it or leave it as you will. :shobon:

Also 'cause honestly, that bologna thing looks pretty good.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Honestly, a fun challenge for this thread in March (because St. Patrick's Day = green and so does Dr. Doom's outfit) would be to invent Latverian cuisine.

Could be a little too weird and insular to really take off, but weird and insular is also our bag these days, so it's up to y'all.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

I'd be down with Latverian food challenge!

(I'm gonna make split pea soup because what else can Doom eat through that mask? Gotta be able to suck it through one of those wide-bore straws they use for bubble tea)

edit: ooo, plus we could make it travel like chickencheese and send it over to BSS

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Feb 21, 2020

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have read a ridiculous amount of Fantastic Four, Super-Villain Team-Up, and etc and I know Doom has hosted feasts but (a) I mainly remember him drinking wine and (b) what Doom serves guests is, bare minimum, an elevated example of Latverian peasant food, since he's proud of his roots, but also is (again, as an extension of his pride) probably, maybe, the very best example of what his guests expect to find, since Doom is, to his mind, inevitably global.

So I guess we'd be shooting for what Latverians eat at home and in the pub.

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Feb 21, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Obligatory:

Doom wanna make Key West conch chowder, Doom gonna make conch chowder. And drink it out of the shell.

But yeah, as someone of eastern European descent who makes some ancestral recipes, I'm still down with trying to make Latverian food.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/status/1019665889036259329

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i love hammering my weiners with beans and ketchup

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Poopelyse posted:

Avi / post combo

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Sodium Chloride posted:

The UK sugar tax made several companies ruin their drinks with artificial sweeteners.

Ribena now tastes awful :cry:

Goddammit, really? I’ve always wanted to try Ribena and I was going to seek it out, but I guess there’s no point in it now. I guess Fentimans Dandelion & Burdock will continue to be my go-to weirdo drink.

root beer has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Feb 21, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Poopelyse posted:

This sounds like a harder version of one of my favorite lazy weeknight meals, half a can of beans poured over toast, in a bowl, topped with wieners and cheese.

Side Note: I just came up with a unique twist on an Eastern European staple that I will make for Latvarian cuisine month. I think I've learned enough dough-handling techniques in the last tear to make it feasible.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Someone's in the kitchen with Doombots,
Someone's in the kitchen I knoooooww
Someone's in the kitchen with Doooombots,
It was, and always will be DOOM who pulls the strings!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Some goon has to have a copy. What does Doom have on his page?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

tribbledirigible posted:

I have a copy (of a copy) of that book. Unsurprisingly for a book in which Richards has contributions, however slight and inferior, Doom chose not to participate.

I'd love to know what Christopher Cantwell suggests for Latverian food, since he's not only writing an acclaimed Doctor Doom comic but also refused to share with me John Bosworth's chili recipe.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
A while back a food blog teamed up with some of the writers on Black Panther to make the official National Dish of Wakanda. I ended up making it for Christmas dinner and it was a huge hit, so I'm totally down for Latverian.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Also 'cause honestly, that bologna thing looks pretty good.

In this case, Austria.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dr. Doom personally was romani, I don't know if they have any special cuisine, or what that'd mean for Latverian cuisine as a whole after about 60 years of his iron-fisted rule.

It's also eastern european and landlocked, so traditionally little access to spices or trade. Probably a lot of sausage.

You chickenfucker, did you just give me a recipe for a hot dog sandwich?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Vince Mancini of Filmdrunk made the stupid hot dog delight.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

tribbledirigible posted:

The Hulk should make beans. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bloom posted:

An ice cold glass bottle of coke is really good

And with how people talk about how soda is poison, I've already resolved that I'm not gonna survive to my 30's so whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

45 year old beef soup

Mainly posting for the surrounding exoskeleton of spilled soup surrounding it like the ice wall.

Apologies in advance, I don't know what a good website is.

Also I have to ask, why is he always smiling? Did he just start that up from episode one and make that his brand?

https://i.imgur.com/bgdSnom.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Also I have to ask, why is he always smiling? Did he just start that up from episode one and make that his brand?

https://i.imgur.com/bgdSnom.mp4

His expression always looks slightly pained and forced like he's in some sort of odd hostage situation where the only way he'll ever see his family again is if he gets enough views on viral videos.

cowbeef
Apr 21, 2010

Fashionably Great posted:

His expression always looks slightly pained and forced like he's in some sort of odd hostage situation where the only way he'll ever see his family again is if he gets enough views on viral videos.

In some of the videos, you can see the shadow of a man pointing an AK-47 towards the chef. Harrowing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

He had me until beans, then I was cautiously optimistic. Totally lost me at ketchup.

The presentation is terrible, but would.