Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bob dobbs is dead posted:

there is really not such a thing as a non sex cult, unless you consider the shakers

you just sort of declare the leader special and then he gathers a harem and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

triple sulk posted:

if bumfuck nowhere italy has it, we are completely hosed

Like in many countries, the north has more concentration of wealth and posh lifestiles.

I think Lombardia is one of these places. With cool places that attract turism. It have cool places like Lake di Como, Lake di Garda, ... that Verona city from the Juliet & Romeo is nearby, so you can see a disgusting wall where people stick their ****.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
the first guy who had it in italy had lunch with a friend who had just got back from china but i dunno about the other cases

milan is the financial center of italy so tehre are definitely a buncha businesspeople walking around shaking hands and pissing everywhere

in milan now, about to stop for a drink after work, then ride public transportation to get home

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Zotix posted:

The tic tac videos of 2004 taken by USS Nimitz f18s off the coast of San Diego.

So you're saying the tic tac's created the virus to save us from boomers?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah northern Italy has some major tourist hot spots lake Como has been a plutocrats retreat since before they discovered private islands in the Caribbean going back at least a thousand years

Edit : two thousand years, the poet Catullus writes about going to orgys there 2100 years ago

NYT calls it Italy's most glamorous lake

A lot of worlds-class sailing events are held on that lake pretty much year-round

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 21, 2020

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

https://twitter.com/evazhengll/status/1230372038180823040?s=20
Two horsemen of the apocalypse are gonna effiel tower china

This is brilliant. And once winter comes all the ducks will starve off and everything remains in balance. This is something only the harmony oriented cunfucian minds of the east could come up with. You don't see stuff like that in the West!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

got my D out at work, thx

also:

https://twitter.com/MRC_Outbreak/status/1230881889419976705

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Going to rent Contagion today, should be a fun watch I expect :downs:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

triple sulk posted:

if bumfuck nowhere italy has it, we are completely hosed
this thread has an interesting take on 'completely hosed'

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1230888661694271488

baw
Nov 5, 2008

it is really great to live in northern italy, however it is sad that the price i must pay is death from coronavirus

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
extremely infected with coronavirus voice: mamma mia!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

IronicDongz posted:

yeah like, that main risk to the world is temporary economic depression, and an extremely tragic loss of life among our elderly, with further tragic edge cases across the board. Little comfort to those directly affected, but "we" are going to be fine.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

dai ragazzi? more like die ragazzi

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

IronicDongz posted:

look buddy this is the virus that will finally kille every snigle human body in the entire universe

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

The tic tac videos of 2004 taken by USS Nimitz f18s off the coast of San Diego.
That was just a submarine lmao

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

If you were going to pick a rural-ish tourist hot spot where people fly in from all over the world and also is ill equipped to deal with an epidemic, lake Como is a pretty good one.

Flavio in the kitchen making salad for everyone is probably back there doing God's work

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao this probably means that dozens of people have it there and these just happen to be the ones who got bad enough that they bothered to go to the hospital and the hospital was like "oh poo poo you have coronavirus" lmao just lmao it really does seem to be endemic everywhere already

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
all of a sudden all those people with loud dry coughs on my morning bus ride take on a whole new meaning :thumbsup:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

look buddy this is the virus that will finally kille every snigle human body in the entire universe

There is no way this will ever reach St. Helena or the Falklands and we can always colonize back from those. There is nothing to worry about

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tei posted:

Like in many countries, the north has more concentration of wealth and posh lifestiles.

I think Lombardia is one of these places. With cool places that attract turism. It have cool places like Lake di Como, Lake di Garda, ... that Verona city from the Juliet & Romeo is nearby, so you can see a disgusting wall where people stick their ****.

i've been to various parts of northern italy (guillotine) so i understand what you're talking about but it definitely does turn into villas and small towns pretty quickly up that way

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

vyelkin posted:

lmao this probably means that dozens of people have it there and these just happen to be the ones who got bad enough that they bothered to go to the hospital and the hospital was like "oh poo poo you have coronavirus" lmao just lmao it really does seem to be endemic everywhere already

The taxi driver who died from the virus in Taiwan was contracted by a passenger who never went to hospital. They tracked himself down and confirmed antibodies in his body.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

So it turns out the number of confirmed cases in the US may be frozen at 15 not because of successful early intervention, but because the current tests are so unreliable barely anyone is getting tested until the CDC finds a new method. Hahaha. gently caress.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/dpk/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus-2020.html

:munch:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Move the locust-eating duck troops to the happy news thread, imho

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

GABA ghoul posted:

There is no way this will ever reach St. Helena or the Falklands and we can always colonize back from those. There is nothing to worry about
Pitcairn island will ensure that the humanity that's rebuilt will no longer be subjugated by inbred pedophiles - it's going to be inbred pedophiles.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Dolphin posted:

That was just a submarine lmao

OH REALLY? Plz Tell me More.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

baw posted:

it is really great to live in northern italy, however it is sad that the price i must pay is death from coronavirus

oh so there are other italians, or at least people living in Italy, on this forum! I thought I was the only one. :italy:

I wouldn't go prancing around the most populated and most heavily industrialized area of Italy honestly. Stay home damnit. I'm nowhere near Milano and I'm still seriously thinking of holing up in my house and working from home because I'm not too keen on dying at this time in my life (or any time in my life, really). Also if they starting closing down industries in the north I'll be out of work to do pretty quickly anyway, working in logistics...

vyelkin posted:

Yeah sounds like it! Very nice indeed! Guess we'll see in the next few days.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 21, 2020

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Lawman 0 posted:

https://twitter.com/evazhengll/status/1230372038180823040?s=20
Two horsemen of the apocalypse are gonna effiel tower china

This pleases the H1N1.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Chinese xenophobia is going to be even more out of control once things settle down I fear

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
this all is p expected and everyone has been saying quarantine isn’t going to work. in an age of near-instant interconnected global air travel of more than 100,000 flights a day; a virus that is persistent and extremely contagious while not initially seeming too bad symptom wise; and getting started weeks late was gunna guarantee it. a quarantine of 100 million people is just insane and the point is less so global containment but rather slowing the spread enough so chinas meager health care system and workers can work through smaller amounts of people than 100,000 showing up over a weeek

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think we just have to come to terms with the fact that literally everyone is going to get this poo poo. i hope i dont die from it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i think we just have to come to terms with the fact that literally everyone is going to get this poo poo. i hope i dont die from it

Same
Im 50 and smoked for decades

gently caress

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
to the elderly smokers of cspam across the globe - I will honor your memory

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spinz posted:

Same
Im 50 and smoked for decades

gently caress
If you get it give me your login info and I'll gladly continue posting like garbage for you

it's the least i can do

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

How does this thing kill? Do your lungs fill up with liquid? Or is it attacking other organs as well?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

If this poo poo gets to Bernie that alone could single handedly blunt the leftist movement across the states, fun times

Not to mention Trump using it as justification for closing the borders and going full fash

The world is going to have one hell of a loving year

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Feldegast42 posted:

If this poo poo gets to Bernie that alone could single handedly blunt the leftist movement across the states, fun times

Not to mention Trump using it as justification for closing the borders and going full fash

The world is going to have one hell of a loving year

Bloomberg is a bigger threat than the Wuhan virus

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol so many people thought we would end up in a tom Clancy reality, but instead we have lurched into Dean koontz territory

How many steps down until we get to John Ringo?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
big CDC update in 10 minutes apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raccooon posted:

How does this thing kill? Do your lungs fill up with liquid? Or is it attacking other organs as well?
pneumonia. so yes probably respiratory failure, multisystem organ failure, sepsis, etc