Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is there a superhero who fucks pigs?

e: In The Union #104 Avid Decor Man fucks a pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Strom Cuzewon posted:

"the only snake left in Ireland" sounds like it should be a children's book that tries to teach kids to be understanding and not judge people for being different, but accidentally has a messed up race-existentialist message because animals are poo poo metaphors for people.

"The only snake left in Ireland" doesn't work because Fianna Fáil & Fine Gael exist.

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
Sad we're not seeing Paul cornells superhero captain midlands who was a ww2 super soldier who didn't get trapped in an iceberg so is just a horrible elderly telegraph reader with super strength

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lol Watson

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

why's piers's bio up there? did they change the layout?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Coohoolin posted:

Lmao who's excited to read this? My comic book friends are all loudly groaning on Facebook.

https://news.stv.tv/entertainment/marvel-to-introduce-new-british-superhero-team-the-union?top

Oh I wonder what Wales gets... of course. Still a Welsh Black Canary isn't that bad I guess.

Coohoolin posted:

My favourite bit is this:

WHY NOT THREE? DRAGONS EVERYWHERE

Wales does have multi-headed dragons so he's not being new and fancy.

I don't follow her stuff but she seem great.

baka kaba posted:

why's piers's bio up there? did they change the layout?

:lol:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

bessantj posted:

Oh I wonder what Wales gets... of course. Still a Welsh Black Canary isn't that bad I guess.

i am very amused that it's a knockoff banshee, a character which was a paper thin irish stereotype (when last i cared about comics) who also has nearly the same color scheme (black green then yellow or lime).

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

CoolCab posted:

i am very amused that it's a knockoff banshee, a character which was a paper thin irish stereotype (when last i cared about comics) who also has nearly the same color scheme (black green then yellow or lime).

Give it a few years and she'll lose her powers and get ice powers or something. I wonder if she has to sing rather than just scream like Black Carney and banshee. Also their enemies are already being created.

https://twitter.com/LenziePar/status/1230593543196102656

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Can't believe how seen the trans girls are lmao lmao

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

District heating with CHAP should be compulsory (and living at too low a density for district heating to be efficient should be forbidden).

Might work better once we secede from the UK and declare the Free Soviet People's Republic of London...

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Does anyone here still have one of those 1970 baxi Bermuda back boilers

Every year i breathe a sigh of relief when we manage to fire it up for the winter

Ours got taken out last year and the local college wanted to take it off our hands for teaching. They're getting very rare these days but there are apparently enough of them out there heating old people's houses badly and probably dangerously they need to teach how to fix them still.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I don't trust district heating at all, what if some fucker down the road steals all my heat?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

I don't trust district heating at all, what if some fucker down the road steals all my heat?

You need to learn how to get X-Pac heat.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Might work better once we secede from the UK and declare the Free Soviet People's Republic of London...

No gently caress that, everywhere shall be London. We will turn every single one of Nandy's precious towns into mini-Londons, with paradropped high-density housing, ethnic minorities, and irritatingly overpriced pubs. The first targets - those lovely parasitic eels between the A406 and M25 that slipstream off us without even so much as an Italian/Korean fusion vegan restaurant in sight.

The only exceptions will be Liverpool, Glasgow, and the bits of Manchester everyone whinges about.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Aramoro posted:

I assume this is because Union Jack is an existing Superhero (though he has no superpowers)

They could have used Union Jack as the all-Britain one and created new superhero The Gammon for England.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No gently caress that, everywhere shall be London. We will turn every single one of Nandy's precious towns into mini-Londons, with paradropped high-density housing, ethnic minorities, and irritatingly overpriced pubs.
I'd like to see you try that in Leicester.

Seriously, we could do with more med-high density housing, but I'm not sure which minority groups you could pick that anyone would notice.

Qwertycoatl posted:

new superhero The Gammon
Captain Midlands isn't new.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No gently caress that, everywhere shall be London. We will turn every single one of Nandy's precious towns into mini-Londons, with paradropped high-density housing, ethnic minorities, and irritatingly overpriced pubs. The first targets - those lovely parasitic eels between the A406 and M25 that slipstream off us without even so much as an Italian/Korean fusion vegan restaurant in sight.

The only exceptions will be Liverpool, Glasgow, and the bits of Manchester everyone whinges about.

I think I saw a comic about this, but the place got renamed to Megacity One?

(I have to say I do like that on market days there's eg a Nigerian restaurant and two different Nigerian food vans within 10 minutes' walk of my house. Milton, Cambridge was, um, not like that)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Sounds dangerously like you're suggesting investment outside of London.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wait I take it back, the high definition housing has been sorted already.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

They could have used Union Jack as the all-Britain one and created new superhero The Gammon for England.

Synopsis for the Nick Fury appearance:

Nick smacks Paddy Whack, gives Kelpie the bone
Union Jack is all alone

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

feedmegin posted:

I think I saw a comic about this, but the place got renamed to Megacity One?

Judge Dredd.

Mega City One(Two and Three) is the US cities.
Brit-Cit is the UK one.
Emerald Isle is the Ireland one.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Visited Manchester on Tuesday. It's a great place to wander around. Top 5 city, easy

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

I think its a bit small for those Boomers.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

happyhippy posted:

Judge Dredd.

Mega City One(Two and Three) is the US cities.
Brit-Cit is the UK one.
Emerald Isle is the Ireland one.

Don't forget Sov-Cit :ussr:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bessantj posted:

Don't forget Sov-Cit :ussr:

Sadly, sovcits didn't exist in those days and so the Russian megacities are East-Meg One and Two. But Megacity Three doesn't exist either - it goes by Texas City.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Sloth Life posted:

Visited Manchester on Tuesday. It's a great place to wander around. Top 5 city, easy

Manchester Youth Hostel, October 2007. The last time I remember getting a whole, uninterrupted night's sleep: getting in to bed (I had a bed not a bunk) at 11pm, closing my eyes and not waking up til 7am.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jedit posted:

Sadly, sovcits didn't exist in those days and so the Russian megacities are East-Meg One and Two. But Megacity Three doesn't exist either - it goes by Texas City.

Oh yeah, I'd completely forgotten about that.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Guavanaut posted:

It's one of Boris's models, isn't it?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Creamfilled posted:

Are you thinking of Overkill? The weird Marvel UK series that kinda aped 2000AD?

Yes! That's it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I'd like to see you try that in Leicester.

Seriously, we could do with more med-high density housing, but I'm not sure which minority groups you could pick that anyone would notice.

Irish. 2011 census said your Irish population was just 0.13%, we've got more Irish people than you've got White British. Also you're really short on Bangladeshi people.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Sounds dangerously like you're suggesting investment outside of London.

No, I said make everywhere London. Exeter will be renamed West Ealing, Aberdeen will be Walthamstow-on-sea, the Isle of Wight will be the Isle of More Dogs. Travelcards will go to zone 700, HS2 will be incorporated into the Overground as the Really North London Line, and Ryanair will finally not be lying about where their London flights land.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Apologies for the re-post but

https://twitter.com/meganewswest/status/1229415295657422851

The utter "what the gently caress are you doing?" from the fire service staff is great

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

https://twitter.com/meganewswest/status/1229415295657422851

The utter "what the gently caress are you doing?" from the fire service staff is great

You just know the driver of that car has been waiting for this moment for *years* since they fitted that snorkel.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Start painting rainbow stripes on the lamp posts in communities at risk of flooding. You could say it's for gay pride or beautification, but really the idea is that drivers can then go "oh poo poo it's up to the yellow stripe, it must be deep"

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Reminds me of this from years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HnYo8MInTA

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Irish. 2011 census said your Irish population was just 0.13%, we've got more Irish people than you've got White British.

I think that's just me and me mammy :shobon:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I mean one of the longest roads through a council estate in Leicester is called...

...yeah you know the one. I used to live between that road and St Matthews when I lived with my aunt.

It's weird because the word doesn't refer to the Irish travellers but for some reason that council estate is full of people like my family and it makes me wonder if the council made that mistake or what?

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 21, 2020

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Edit: nvm

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
my dad is probably eligible for german citizenship because his dad was made stateless by the nazis and trying to get him to actually look into it instead of just insisting he's not eligible is a nightmare lol

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

This night shift has played hell with my internal clock. I'm now hungry when I'm usually thinking about going to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
No posts for two hours? Has someone poisoned the entire stock of the corn snack that dare not speak it's name?