Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I get the same geico ad on every episode of behind the bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I started listening to Behind the Bastards a few months ago, and I can't remember hearing an ad for anything that wasn't another podcast on the I Heart Radio network.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I find Maximum Fun to be the worst podcast network for self-promotion

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pastry of the Year posted:

I started listening to Behind the Bastards a few months ago, and I can't remember hearing an ad for anything that wasn't another podcast on the I Heart Radio network.

I get mostly that, but also always the geico ad and occasionally one for KY lube.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I get mostly that, but also always the geico ad and occasionally one for KY lube.

Clearly targeted advertising.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I live with someone that fundamentally does not understand what answering machines do. They will see that there's a message, press play, and then pick up the handset and frantically shout "Hello?? HELLO!?!?!" as if the person is still on the line.

Peeve because this is the fourth person I've known to do this.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Dip Viscous posted:

I live with someone that fundamentally does not understand what answering machines do. They will see that there's a message, press play, and then pick up the handset and frantically shout "Hello?? HELLO!?!?!" as if the person is still on the line.

Peeve because this is the fourth person I've known to do this.

I need to know - are these people 15 or are they like 95

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Early 30s.

When I try to explain that it's a recording, they deny that they pressed play.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This is why I Dont Even Own A Television, the F Plus, and Extra Credit are the only podcasts I listen to these days. I get my laughs at weird poo poo without anyone trying to sell me stamps or dildos. IDEOTV plugs their Patreon once an episode but that’s like twenty seconds of a 90 minute podcast.

Thirty Twenty Ten is good for that, they promote an app a third of the way through, and plug their patreon at the start and end. Not bad at all for the length. Happy to chuck them five dollars a month for their content.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Whatever your opinion on Chapo Trap House( and oh boy do people have opinions) their format is perfect. One free episode a week with no ads and then an extra episode for patreon subscribers, and they make a poo poo ton of money.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People that don't put the little plastic divider behind their own stuff on the grocery line once they get to the checkout.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People that don't put the little plastic divider behind their own stuff on the grocery line once they get to the checkout.

Especially when they get that look of offense when you reach over their poo poo to get the divider.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I kinda impulse-bought a ring online (not a wedding ring, just a simple little ring), and it reminds me that my fingers are terrible for ring sizing. My middle joint on my fingers are just wider enough than the rest of my fingers (it's hardly noticeable or anything), so usually what happens is that the ring is just ever-so-slightly too big when it's on, or ever-so-slightly too small going over the joint. Either thing is annoying.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Drivers who speed up only after you pass them.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Whiz Palace posted:

Drivers who only speed up only AS you pass them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Whiz Palace posted:

Drivers who speed up to make sure you can't merge in front of them.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Drivers

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Other people

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Anyone who doesn't obey right-of-way standards

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Indolent Bastard posted:

Drivers who only speed up only AS you pass them.

Drivers who drop way under the speed limit going up a hill, so you go to pass them, but by that time you're at the top of the hill and they speed up again.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
A fun way to waste time on a long drive is to find a person who doesn't want to be passed for some reason, get next to them, and just gradually increase speed while they match you. Ideally they'll end up having to drop behind you to avoid ramming into a semi. My crowning achievement in driving was spending something like 60 miles between Portland and Seattle just watching this turd refuse to get passed and get more and more frustrated as he had to slow down and drop back. Then he'd catch up just in time for me to block him in behind another truck. It got to the point where I was actually laughing my rear end off while he was giving me the finger. Dude, just go the actual speed you want to go and I'll go the speed I want to go. We don't have to have anything to do with each other.

Just to be clear we weren't full on racing up I-5 or anything, at best we were doing maybe like 70-75mph, he just really didn't want me to pass for some reason.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inspector 34 posted:

A fun way to waste time on a long drive is to find a person who doesn't want to be passed for some reason, get next to them, and just gradually increase speed while they match you. Ideally they'll end up having to drop behind you to avoid ramming into a semi. My crowning achievement in driving was spending something like 60 miles between Portland and Seattle just watching this turd refuse to get passed and get more and more frustrated as he had to slow down and drop back. Then he'd catch up just in time for me to block him in behind another truck. It got to the point where I was actually laughing my rear end off while he was giving me the finger. Dude, just go the actual speed you want to go and I'll go the speed I want to go. We don't have to have anything to do with each other.

Just to be clear we weren't full on racing up I-5 or anything, at best we were doing maybe like 70-75mph, he just really didn't want me to pass for some reason.

You should actually not do that and you seem like one of the only drivers I'd flip off

Stay the gently caress away from weirdos on the road because the one instance they take their weird driving too far won't just hurt you, it's likely to hurt a dozen or more people unfortunate enough to be driving on a road that day

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Feb 21, 2020

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
What would you have me do instead? Go 90-100mph to try and lose him? Or go 60 in a 70mph zone and just suffer?

edit: To be completely honest I totally agree with you that avoiding idiots is the best. That was a special circumstance that I couldn't resist exploiting.

Inspector 34 has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Feb 21, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
All that previous stuff posted about passing and other drivers, combinded with the stretch of highway on my morning commute where I have about a mile after I get on to cross three lanes and exit on the left.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Iron Crowned posted:

Drivers who speed up to make sure you can't merge in front of them.

That’s bad but worse are ones who slow down with you if you decide to merge behind them instead.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

bobjr posted:

That’s bad but worse are ones who slow down with you if you decide to merge behind them instead.

No, the worst are the ones that neither speed up nor slow down when they try to merge (Ohio drivers I'm talking to you).

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MightyJoe36 posted:

the worst are Ohio

This is true in my experience

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MightyJoe36 posted:

No, the worst are the ones that neither speed up nor slow down when they try to merge (Ohio drivers I'm talking to you).

I live in Ohio, and I can't figure out what the gently caress is wrong with Ohio drivers.

I swear, if the sky is just cloudy, they collectively slow down by 10 MPH for no reason, god forbid a few drops of water fall from the sky.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I live in Ohio, and I can't figure out what the gently caress is wrong with Ohio drivers.

I swear, if the sky is just cloudy, they collectively slow down by 10 MPH for no reason, god forbid a few drops of water fall from the sky.
This has caught on in Michigan, too. :sigh:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That's how it is in the south

I've lived in the south where snow is a once-a-year affair and everyone freaks out

I've lived in Ontario and Québec and New York where everybody muscles through snow most of the time

I thought Ohio would be in the latter camp but wow it keeps sucking

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Iron Crowned posted:

That's every state where they have a weather report that forecasts rain or snow or any goddamn thing other than perfect conditions.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
The big thing to remember about Ohio is that it is the New Jersey of the Midwest.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Leavemywife posted:

The big thing to remember about Ohio is that it is the New Jersey of the Midwest.

Ohio chat - most people have probably seen this already but it is kind of funny, so here

Purportedly by "a guy in Germany," but I haven't seen anything to determine whether he is German or whether this represents his real view or what.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Everybody knows Texas.

E: theres an old joke about any American not from Texas who travels overseas says they’re from the states while the American from Texas says they’re from Texas and you know what it’s true

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I like that New York is landlocked.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Iron Crowned posted:

Different in MN. When we get a bad snow, 1/2 the drivers slow by 20mph, the other 1/2 drive 20-30 mph over. You see them in the ditch in a few minutes so karma takes care of things.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inspector 34 posted:

I like that New York is landlocked.

The borders on that map make my brain hurt. What did they do to the rio grande?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Why the gently caress so I have to zoom in so far to see the motherfucking street names, Google Maps? Huh? What possible benefit is there?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Memento posted:

Why the gently caress so I have to zoom in so far to see the motherfucking street names, Google Maps? Huh? What possible benefit is there?

Urgh, yeah, gently caress this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Memento posted:

It seems to especially love doing this one major roads. It'll label the little side roads that I don't give a poo poo about but not the main road I actually want.