Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to jam my dick in a George foreman grill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Frenz posted:

I’m going to make my island the goat man

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm going to {socially unacceptable verb} the {wacky unassuming noun}

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thinking of the adq poster avs and trying to keep a normal brain

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to jam my dick in a George foreman grill.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

EmmyOk posted:

Thinking of the adq poster avs and trying to keep a normal brain

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I watched the direct then went looking around reddit and Games etc for more hoipe and caught a virulent form of pure strain aids from the general animal crossing community.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

cool, don't bring it here

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

actually I think i already have animal crossing aids, since I just bought a bunch of those amiibo cards in preparation

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll be acquiring my villagers organically because I'm not a bigot or a freak. Everyone is welcome on my island.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to build some nice paths through my town.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I have no issue kicking trouble makers off my island and replacing them with an amiibo card animal

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

This sounds familiar...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I'll be acquiring my villagers organically because I'm not a bigot or a freak. Everyone is welcome on my island.

i need bill the duck to move with me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I must have gaston and I WILL kick off maple I dont cate WHAT she says

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

I never have the heart to banish a villager but if they cause problems I WILL stop being nice to them, end of story.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh yeah and I’m NOT going to Jack off the the lizard that’s making everyone horny.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

post the lizard. my friend wants to jack off to it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I looked up the lizard with the intent to post it, but I got distracted by jerking off my hog instead.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hey Jude, don’t make it bad
Make a gas mod and swap their gender

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bullshit that this is a leap year and I have to wait one extra day for my island getaway

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Strange thought and completely off topic but I wish that Nintendo had a port for Simpsons Hit and Run.

That will always be one of my favorite games (my ps2 dying led to selling my games) and if I could play it on my Switch, life would be complete.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you've got a PC made in the last 10 years you can play it on Dolphin at a buttery smooth 1080z. Not portable like the Switch obviously but it might help quench the thirst.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never played an animal crossing game before. is the switch one a good entry point and are there any essential imp tips I need to know going in?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Talk to the animals.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Clowner posted:

I've never played an animal crossing game before. is the switch one a good entry point and are there any essential imp tips I need to know going in?

It's not out yet, but it looks good. There are probably tips but I think if you need tips for this kind of game , you have brain damage.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Talk to the animals. Jack off to the sexiest ones. It's all good, bro.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Probably a good entry point. imho the Wii one wasn't that great so the last good ones are all handheld, and while the GCN one is great it is very dated and there have been some QoL improvements over the years and it looks like the new one will have more.

Plus, playing with friends online is unbeatable.

The only thing you have to know is to do whatever you think is fun. It's hard to say what will be present in the new one so far as "shake trees every day until you get two pieces of furniture" or "find the money rock daily, dig the holes so you don't bounce back too far, etc" or "mail villages garbage furniture so they send their priceless stuff to the recycling where you can grab it for free."

In general though, don't stress about your loan, get friendly with villagers you want to keep, and, if this mechanic still exists, make sure you time your shop upgrades for days when you don't need the shop (as the store upgrades, it will go into construction for a day or two which makes it unusable, which makes getting money very hard for a couple days. In New Leaf this was more or less a non issue, ymmv).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Probably a good entry point. imho the Wii one wasn't that great so the last good ones are all handheld, and while the GCN one is great it is very dated and there have been some QoL improvements over the years and it looks like the new one will have more.

The only thing you have to know is to do whatever you think is fun. It's hard to say what will be present in the new one so far as "shake trees every day until you get two pieces of furniture" or "find the money rock daily, dig the holes so you don't bounce back too far, etc" or "mail villages garbage furniture so they send their priceless stuff to the recycling where you can grab it for free."

In general though, don't stress about your loan, get friendly with villagers you want to keep, and, if this mechanic still exists, make sure you time your shop upgrades for days when you don't need the shop (as the store upgrades, it will go into construction for a day or two which makes it unusable, which makes getting money very hard for a couple days. In New Leaf this was more or less a non issue, ymmv).

Thanks.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Just talk to the loving animals.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Nice. Mind if I post this to the What Should I know Before I Play this Game Wiki?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Kongming posted:

Just talk to the loving animals.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Clowner posted:

Make sure to max out your animal crossing clear to get the 107% secret ending

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I clicked on the animal crossing thread and a guy got called out for being toxic because he posted a picture of an Amiibo card he had that was hard to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I clicked on the animal crossing thread and a guy got called out for being toxic because he posted a picture of an Amiibo card he had that was hard to find.

Do you also come back from trips to Wuhan spitting on the ground and sneezing in the faces of strangers?