Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ffxiv, ootr, ai somnium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I just play one game at a time, right now it's Katana Kami, which I want to like because WotS was great but I'm experiencing a huge amount of dropped inputs that are really making it tough. Might be some rare PC bug because I haven't seen anyone else talk about how it takes 3 or 4 button presses to pick up anything.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Katana tana tana kamileon

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Currently slamma jamming my way through Yakuza 6, meaning I'll have finished all the main ones plus Judgment and FotNS when I'm done.

...and I want more, dammit! I may have a problem.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Currently slamma jamming my way through Yakuza 6, meaning I'll have finished all the main ones plus Judgment and FotNS when I'm done.

...and I want more, dammit! I may have a problem.

I feel ya

Yak 7 when

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I just got an email from Gamestop that told me that Dragon Quest Builders 2 is worth 20$ if I trade it in, which is really tempting with Animal Crossing on the.....hehe...........horizon

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
2003, with The Getaway and True Crime, really showed that open world games should be fictional and not xerox'd real world cities.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

stev posted:

Just had to check that this was a real thing.

Why.

it's actually pretty good

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wish I could play one game at a time but my attention span requires me to put things to rest for too long and pick them up literally years later.

Nier A: about to hit the 3rd resource tower. This game has completely eroded all good will at this point but I feel obligated to finish it

Mario and Luigi Dream Team: somehow I hit 99 hours and the clock just stopped wtf. This was the last Mario & Luigi game I haven't played but drat I understand why everyone was so down on it because it's too drat long

Fire Emblem 3 Houses I'll finish it by the next fire emblem

Wild Arms 4 I play here and there it's a huge step down from WA3 but still kind of fun

Demon's Souls I accidentally erased my saves and they never backed up to the cloud for some reason so now I'm holding out for some PS5 launch info maybe they'll remaster this? maybe?

Trials of Bold Feels I think I play for like 5 hours every 9 months so yeah see you in 2024 when I finish it. Good game though, good writing drat

DOOM Plutonia: the hardest of hardcore (official) Doom. I play maybe a level a week because it kicks my rear end so hard but it's hands down original Doom at its best

Later Alligator cute game, maybe i'll push through it this weekend

Half-Life Blue Shift decent, don't know why it got middling reviews back in the day (maybe because people were tired of half-life??)

metal gear solid 5 I properly "beat" the story 3 years ago but still have the postgame poo poo. I know the ending and all the details but still I feel obligated to finish

Arkham Knight the same, I've seen everything but need all the collectibles to get the "real" ending. I loved this game though so I'm happy to do like 1 trophy a month until it's done

mario and rabbids got to like world 3 before setting aside, still like the game

Yomawari, too spooky but I love the aesthetic so I'll finish it maybe this year

White Day got caught in a long string of bad puzzles and gently caress the second janitor. good game just annoying as poo poo in the middle

Mars War Log this game is bad with horrendous (and hilarious) dialog spoken by actual humans in english but it's like my "blow off steam for 30 minutes" eurojank game

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Disposable Scud posted:

2003, with The Getaway and True Crime, really showed that open world games should be fictional and not xerox'd real world cities.

I really enjoyed exploring in both those games. The Getaway in particular was really impressive at the time, albeit not as good as the initial magazine previews. It's not a very fun game to replay these days though.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Now hiring an intern to play games for me and tell me if I should bother with them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you finished the story in metal gear solid 5 i'd highly recommend just saying you beat it and crossing it off your list

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Getaway makes the baffling decision of not telling the player how to heal so magazines spoiled it like it was a cheat code. Also there's no subtitles or cutscene skip so yeah, don't replay it don't even play it.

The sequel was better but by then San Andreas was out so why bother? (me, I bothered)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I just got an email from Gamestop that told me that Dragon Quest Builders 2 is worth 20$ if I trade it in, which is really tempting with Animal Crossing on the.....hehe...........horizon

hehe!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

if you finished the story in metal gear solid 5 i'd highly recommend just saying you beat it and crossing it off your list

By "story" I beat metal gear, there's still the bit about volgin and who venom snake really is which I already know but I still feel like I need to do every mission. It helps that I legit enjoyed the game but y'know, this is why my backlog is as gross as it is.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i really loved metal gear solid 5 too, enough so that i pushed for trying for 100% and burnt out around the 80% mark. i am now comfortable with the idea that i will never, ever play metal gear solid 5 again.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

oh yeah I still need to actually beat Ganon in Breath of the Wild. I'm like 5 shrines away from all the shrines but honestly doing a checklist of what I haven't done would kill all motivation so I might just fight Ganon tonight and call it done.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

Now hiring an intern to play games for me and tell me if I should bother with them.

hello

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1230949208477380608?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

al-azad posted:

Is this a paid position

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this a paid position

You will be paid in exposure. By that I mean I usually hang around the house nude.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this a paid position

Achievement points are a form of currency.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah after you finish the story of metal gear solid 5: peace walker, you can just move on to playing metal gear solid 6: metal gear solid V

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

v has come to

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MMF Freeway posted:

currently playing:

-switch axe

ah, WoTC (weapon of the century), a good choice

I Are Currently Playing:

1) With Cat
This action-packed adventure may be expensive but boy howdy are the antics wild!! After purchasing your Adoptable Catte you're all set for a wacky ride filled with fur, love, scratches and the entire inventory of all the straws and ribbons that somehow existed in your house returning to haunt you!! I've been waiting to get Cat Adventures for most of my life and now I have one I am extremely pleased. Downsides: Cat Consumables expensive, requires regular patching, catte occasionally suffers from AI glitches.

2) Apex Legends
Violence with friends and strangers. Colourful cartoon characters and many a bangshoot. Great game and you can tell it's great because nobody wants to play it with me, the sign of a True Game

3) Monster Hunter: World
I killed the weird screechy divebomb bird but I don't know how to get the quests after it and I don't want to look it up so I'm just doing all my optional missions. Sometimes I open the game just to go in the Guiding Lands to beat monsters up for no reason. Wait, there is a reason, it's the Switch Axe, which is the greatest

4) Slay The Spire
I am so bad at this game. I'm on Ascension 2 for the Ironclad and I'm trying to unlock as many ascensions as I can for each character until I hit a wall but apparently that wall is A2 Ironclad. I'm bad at maths and I hate thinking ahead (LIVE IN THE MOMENT!!!) so there's a lot of times where I'm just staring at an enemy with a fraction of health remaining, out of energy and one hit away from dying. It's fun.

5) Binding of Isaac
I didn't know I shouldn't be playing on Hard Mode and now the game is fun again once I put it back on babby's first roguelike mode.

I have downloaded, but am not currently playing:

XCOM2 (& War Of The Chosen)
I suck at this game. I'm so bad. I love it, it's so much fun and looks great I lose within the first few missions.

GTA5
Whether or not I make this the next Wife Game, I'm very excited to try the VR mod for it. It looks ace.

Katana Zero
I know I'll love this game I just don't feel like I'm quite in the spirit for it. What if I like it more than Hotline Miami? I'm scared.

Hollow Knight
I have played 11 hours of this and now I've stopped and it's too hard to go back :smith:

Also my backlog is filled with the wasteland of a million half-completed games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

v has come, too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

al-azad posted:

v has come, too

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm glad Pom Poko exists so that we can use it as an origin story for Tom Nook instead of needing a Live action-CGI AC movie someday. And yes I know there was already an animated Animal Crossing movie but that didn't delve into his past and reasons at all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

id apply for the position but i see youve said nier a isnt one of the best games ever made so it probably wouldnt work if youd dislike all the good games i gave you to play

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCOjJsSLYPs

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUKaBMRT2w

Wait, no

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm glad Pom Poko exists so that we can use it as an origin story for Tom Nook instead of needing a Live action-CGI AC movie someday. And yes I know there was already an animated Animal Crossing movie but that didn't delve into his past and reasons at all.

Am I crazy in thinking we don't need a Tom Nook origin story?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gripweed posted:

Am I crazy in thinking we don't need a Tom Nook origin story?

No you're right but Pom Poko is as good an origin story as any for him.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Nook's actual story as told by one of the hedgehog ladies when you talk to her over a week is pretty dark. Tom Nook is the success story compared to Rusty Slugger the loser.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Sable Able is not my waifu but she is a very good friend

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I am playing:

Dead Cells's new DLC is good and its release got me through to 3BC, which thankfully actually gives you a few bonuses and cool new things so I'm definitely playing that.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, I can't help myself and just got a few friends in on the action so that's going on.

Gris is something I have installed from a recent sale and should probably play. Same goes for Furi.

I'm at like 4 heat for most weapons on Hades and am burning out on it. Good time though.

I have a good save going in Astroneer but then I got stuck in some fixed geometry, still tethered to oxygen. Will need a coop partner to free me.

Still bashing my head against headless Bloodletting Beast in Bloodborne for the platinum. Still playing Tetris Effect to zone out. Still on a hard mode replay of Ace Combat 7 here-and-there.

Wolcen because I have like 300 hours in Diablo 3 and 200 in Path of Exile, but I'm taking a break from both. It's buggy and the audio design suuuuucks and I'll probably refund it. All ARPGs just feel really lifeless without 3 other randos making GBS threads up the screen, too, so that's another ding.

Split or Steal is pretty fun in short chunks!

Wife is playing Kentucky Route Zero on the Switch, I'm waiting for her to get to Act 5 to do it myself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm only actively playing Yakuza 5 at the moment but seen as I'm likely to be unemployed soon I should step up my game.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

al-azad posted:

Half-Life Blue Shift decent, don't know why it got middling reviews back in the day (maybe because people were tired of half-life??)

Hard to live in the shadow of one of the best expansion packs of all time, Opposing Force.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Happy end of Friday, thread!

My neighbors left a jar of weed at my door after I gave them poo poo for leaving their junk in our shared hallway so I'll be doing that tonight and probably staring at my steam library for hours and never actually playing anything and then finishing The Lighthouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
Playing: Shadow of the Red Alert Hunter World also Jigsaw Planet
Need to get back to: Breath of the Disco Route Zero also Tametsi