Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Katana Gomai posted:

There was an announcement of an announcement ("soon") this week, and there have been a few leaks spotted on eBay. It's mostly commander dross and nothing which hasn't been printed in foil yet. Also nothing which isn't already in the regular set.

Leaks: Marrow-Gnawer, Hound of Konda, Reaper King, Isamaru, Blighted Agent

I swore I read that the foil sheet was explicitly cards not in the main set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I wouldn’t play magic on my cell phone even if I could m, it just sounds like a completely miserable gaming experience

Hearthstone is explicitly designed to work on mobile and playing it on a phone loving blows, so I cant imagine how awful magic would be

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
someone post that image of a hundred tokens blocking about as many attackers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All right here we go looks like I got a counter spell whoops lost my signal and I’m down to rank

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

All right here we go looks like I got a counter spell whoops lost my signal and I’m down to rank

Impossible to tell if you're talking about a potential mobile version of Arena or the Arena that already exists and already does this.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I wonder if some of the 'BM roping' people see is due to disconnects, I've had a lot recently where I had to quit out of and restart the game including at annoying moments like when I have lethal on board

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
FINALLY there's a product line where WotC can reprint cards that are in demand! Surely they will do it this time because they have never been able to do it before.

Maybe they can avoid having to kill Pioneer in 9 years when it becomes too expensive to play since there is literally no way to reprint any of those in-demand cards.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

I play Arena on my phone with SteamLink and the only time it feels miserable is deck building or drafting. For gameplay I feel like all I would want is slightly larger buttons.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Paul Zuvella posted:

Well good news, because Arena is coming to moble too

I'm imagining that they find a mobile version of the Arena client is too hard to do and they just release the Arena novel on Kindle instead to technically satisfy the statement.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Aranan posted:

FINALLY there's a product line where WotC can reprint cards that are in demand! Surely they will do it this time because they have never been able to do it before.

Maybe they can avoid having to kill Pioneer in 9 years when it becomes too expensive to play since there is literally no way to reprint any of those in-demand cards.

the year is 2029. thanks to the Water Wars of 2025, America has been split up into six WARTRIBES, each based around one of the mighty ULTRACITIES. nykthos, shrine to nyx is $99. wizards of the coast announces a new format, horizon.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

whydirt posted:

I swore I read that the foil sheet was explicitly cards not in the main set?

Uh yeah, that's what I meant to type. No new foils, but no cards which are already in the main set. Woops.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, I’m in-/around Memphis this weekend for work. Anyone familiar with the area and has recommendations for LGSs?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

https://twitter.com/MagicEsports/status/1230890964543102976

Next round of PTs will be Modern/Standard, no Draft. Just loving end paper Magic already, geez.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The PTs are explicitly the paper events.

I don't think this is that insane, it makes sense for every event in the same series to be the same format, and there are legit arguments that Limited was over-represented in the PT. Its not any more legitimate than any other format.

And its not even permanent, the PTs in the fall have draft.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Gaming on mobile... Gen Z is sick in the head. Put Arena on the Switch you clowns!

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Happy with the no draft. Watching them pick is super interesting but I don't really care for the actual matches.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Drafting is boring as gently caress to play and to watch, if Limited was just literally drafting and then submitting your deck to a judge and have them score it it would be more fun.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Drafting is boring as gently caress to play and to watch, if Limited was just literally drafting and then submitting your deck to a judge and have them score it it would be more fun.

BUST RODD

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I cant wait to play a few rounds of Jumpstart with my friends while we shuffle up our brawl decks to play before the prerelease of Commander legends, the new Draftable commander product from Wizards of the coast!!!!

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
The legacy 40k sold out in half an hour and the wait-list closed at 500 people already. Neat except I was busy so it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a ticket. Hopefully this inspires some other but legacy events.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

jfc

The Draft/Constructed split has been a Pro Tour staple for literally eleven years but sure let's just gently caress everything up because I don't know.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Not everything that is different is inherently bad. 4 events wont have booster draft, its not the end of the world.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Not everything that is different is inherently bad.

:thunk:

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

what don't you understand about this incredibly common saying

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/blackshirtman/status/1230914317333065728?s=21

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I have been messing with steam link on my not huge pixel 3 to play arena and it kinda rules so bring on an explicitly mobile layout please

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Bust Rodd posted:

BORT SOD

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

For people missing the context, he won MC2, a modern event.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Dot Drubs

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I’ve been meaning to ask, is Bust Rodd mcmagic with a screen name change? Or is it someone else?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dehtraen posted:

I’ve been meaning to ask, is Bust Rodd mcmagic with a screen name change? Or is it someone else?

LMAO no, Munchkin just poached a reddit meme where you post someone’s name when you disagree with what they say and all the Trad Games goldfish brains just keep doing because it ‘owns’ me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dehtraen posted:

He definitely isn't, Bust Rodd is a goof but not a bad goof, and also not a constant source of hot takes about how X card is unplayable before it's in a PT top eight.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

LMAO no, Munchkin just poached a reddit meme where you post someone’s name when you disagree with what they say and all the Trad Games goldfish brains just keep doing because it ‘owns’ me.

I think it's just funny to do

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
mcmagic still posts, you all just scared him away from this bad thread.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Mcmagic is badposting in hell (D&D) now

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Borb Sorb posted:

i think that was around before reddit

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

C-Euro posted:

mcmagic still posts, you all just scared him away from this bad thread.

https://i.imgur.com/DteLrjt.gifv

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
I miss mcmagic at least we talked about cards more when he was around

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Gaming on mobile... Gen Z is sick in the head. Put Arena on the Switch you clowns!

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Apparently there is a 100k at Dreamhack going on right now? Advertising and registrations was a shitshow so there are only like 92 people signed up for it so great EV.