Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Pretty sure the Dublin show is an indie date Moxley is doing with David Starr.

Oh that makes sense. I thought they were talking about AEW. My bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Listen, if you lifted weight every time WWE was bad, you'd be jacked, too.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Pretty sure the Dublin show is an indie date Moxley is doing with David Starr.

It’s for OTT.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

flashy_mcflash posted:

loving Dublin? How is Ireland even a real place.

Come to Canada you geeks half your roster is from here

We’re international waters, there are no laws here and nobody knows we exist.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped a new episode covering this week's Dynamite, GCW's Run Rickey Run, and previewing AAA Rey de Reyes. We give out the rudo move and such good poo poo of the week awards. Steve may be on the MDK gang's hit list.

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-32-aew-gcw-aaa-updates/

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

We’re international waters, there are no laws here and nobody knows we exist.

I mean, NXT UK Takerover Dublin might cause the Irish Bir Tawil Triangle to collapse.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what on earth would be the point of doing steroids as Dave meltzer. he’s not getting paid for anything athletic

Look at the man.

Dude gleefully bragged about having better abs then Morrison, said weights where talking to him, did a muscle pose on a high spots show, said his wife basically told him to get in this shape, talked about advice from bruno and how you fall apart at 58.

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 21, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd a shitton of roids if possible. Sounds like fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yukaichiban posted:

Look at the man.

Dude gleefully bragged about having better abs then Morrison, said weights where talking to him, did a muscle pose on a high spots show, said his wife basically told him to get in this shape, talked about advice from bruno and how you fall apart at 58.

He's a weightlifting lifer who recovers slowly from injury and loses and regains mass about the way you'd expect during injury from someone who isn't on steroids.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what on earth would be the point of doing steroids as Dave meltzer. he’s not getting paid for anything athletic

Whenever someone from the performance center texts or calls, he secretly hopes it's for a tryout.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

He's a weightlifting lifer who recovers slowly from injury and loses and regains mass about the way you'd expect during injury from someone who isn't on steroids.

he should learn a thing from Cena on how to recover faster

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

karmicknight posted:

I mean, NXT UK Takerover Dublin might cause the Irish Bir Tawil Triangle to collapse.

I know everyone is freaking out about it and preparing to float OTT out to the Isle of Wight or put it in whatever Eastern European country the Bertie Bowl ended up in. That way at least they won’t have lied to Moxley about it being a stadium show.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Yukaichiban posted:

Look at the man.

Is he going to Body Guy Extravaganza?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea where else to put this, but I'm reading an old 1991 WO newsletter and apparently Gangrel had a successful run in All Japan as part of a tag team called The Blackhearts, and they legit knocked out Mighty Inoue with a Veg-o-matic (the old Midnight Express finisher).

Edit: also, there's a really gross rape apology letter in the same article regarding Art Barr.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 22, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Nyla Rose’s appearance on Talk is Jericho was very good and interesting to hear her stories, even with Jericho having her walk him through Trans People 101 and him asking some inappropriate questions before realizing they were inappropriate.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

the only thing the F4W board is worth a poo poo for is Dave's posts there, and he had an all timer today re: WWE talking to ESPN+ concerning PPVs:

quote:

Stock rose $2.49 per share based on that report. I made the company $194 million today.

More than all those talents who can't read English and taught to hate me will all combined for their entire careers.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

hunnert car pileup posted:

the only thing the F4W board is worth a poo poo for is Dave's posts there, and he had an all timer today re: WWE talking to ESPN+ concerning PPVs:

Kind of comes off as insanely narcissistic to me.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Eat My Fuc posted:

Kind of comes off as insanely narcissistic to me.

he's correct though

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

he's correct though

The Stock moves up and down a few dollars all the time, and it's a pretty volatile stock anyway, it's had several major shifts up and down over the last 5 years a dollar or two isn't moving the needle, Dave's not effecting the stock price he's a niche newsletter writer no one investing in WWE is reading the observer.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Stock moves up and down a few dollars all the time, and it's a pretty volatile stock anyway, it's had several major shifts up and down over the last 5 years a dollar or two isn't moving the needle, Dave's not effecting the stock price he's a niche newsletter writer no one investing in WWE is reading the observer.

Lol if you don’t think rumors of a big PPV deal would move stock prices.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Punch McLightning posted:

I have no idea where else to put this, but I'm reading an old 1991 WO newsletter and apparently Gangrel had a successful run in All Japan as part of a tag team called The Blackhearts, and they legit knocked out Mighty Inoue with a Veg-o-matic (the old Midnight Express finisher).

Edit: also, there's a really gross rape apology letter in the same article regarding Art Barr.
What issue?

By that point Barr had pled out months earlier and it was explicitly a forcible rape case, so I'm curious but also dreading this.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I think it was March 4. It’s really really not good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The guy who wrote that letter sucks.

However this letter cracked me up.

quote:

I completely agree with and support your position concerning the angles centering on Sgt. Slaughter. What the WWF is doing, in my opinion, borders on being obscene. My union local president even decried the angles. In the past, war profiteers were subject to hanging. Figuratively, Vince McMahon has already thrown out the rope.

Mike McGowen

Chicago, Illinois

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I tracked it down in the 3/4/91 issue and yeah, it's pretty bad. Dude straight up says it isn't in bad taste to portray Barr as a hero to children. It honestly reads like something a shithead on Reddit would write.

(just so everyone is clear, Dave didn't write it, a reader sent this in)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

More than all those talents who can't read English and taught to hate me will all combined for their entire careers.

Someone's salty about being called a cancer to the industry,

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
"I'M BOOKING MYSELF IN MATCHES WITH HIM" - Jericho who once said he wanted nothing to do with creative.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol if you don’t think rumors of a big PPV deal would move stock prices.

Ok? The price moved two dollars. It moves that much daily irregardless of the news.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ok?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

I tracked it down in the 3/4/91 issue and yeah, it's pretty bad. Dude straight up says it isn't in bad taste to portray Barr as a hero to children. It honestly reads like something a shithead on Reddit would write.

(just so everyone is clear, Dave didn't write it, a reader sent this in)
So in a way, y'all undersold how bad and weird it is, because half the letter is explicitly "we don't know where on the rape spectrum his crime fell" even though it was explicitly reported as "he forced physically forced a women who wasn't consenting" and he copped a plea. Something more obscure makes the letter weirder, though: It's written by Dore DeQuattro, the club musician from Queens who would form THE COMMITTEE TO CLEAN UP WRESTLING in the wake of Titangate a year later.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

davidbix posted:

rape spectrum

Had never seen these two words put together like this and folks, I’m not a fan

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The report helps but this is also a pretty normal bounce after the drop from the poor earnings report. They were highlighted recently in a few different places as a good buy because they're a stable company even if they had a bad report.

Dave helped but is also patting himself on the back a bit too hard.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Seams posted:

Had never seen these two words put together like this and folks, I’m not a fan

Lars Sullivan said in his weird poo poo from years ago there is a gray area of rape.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Maybe he was talking about the adult film industry.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Yukaichiban posted:

Lars Sullivan said in his weird poo poo from years ago there is a gray area of rape.

Pretty sure that’s called rape

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

So in a way, y'all undersold how bad and weird it is, because half the letter is explicitly "we don't know where on the rape spectrum his crime fell" even though it was explicitly reported as "he forced physically forced a women who wasn't consenting" and he copped a plea. Something more obscure makes the letter weirder, though: It's written by Dore DeQuattro, the club musician from Queens who would form THE COMMITTEE TO CLEAN UP WRESTLING in the wake of Titangate a year later.

It was the kind of rambling that I couldn’t summarize without just posting the whole letter, but I also thought that not posting it would be the best thing because of how gross it is.

I found his music stuff but nothing came up early on his search results when I added wrestling to it. It looks like the book Chokehold talks about that committee, but it’s literally the only search result when you look for it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but didn't Art Barr end up in Mexico because of the rape trial?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

mariooncrack posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but didn't Art Barr end up in Mexico because of the rape trial?

Yep. He was supposed to have a run in WCW but they wouldn’t touch him.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
He actually was in WCW for a bit, but public pushback due to his child friendly role and his rape, plus Ole Anderson and others thinking he was too young, led to his being let go early.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Nyla Rose’s appearance on Talk is Jericho was very good and interesting to hear her stories, even with Jericho having her walk him through Trans People 101 and him asking some inappropriate questions before realizing they were inappropriate.

It's fine to look dumb if you're trying to learn something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

‘ I made the company $194 million’ was obviously a joke