Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Flopsy posted:

Lysandre was an incredible oval office made even more so by the story trying to position him as a noble man who fell from grace when his own notebooks show he was always an awful misanthrope with classist tendencies.

XY's character writing was just super bad all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think my favorite little thing from XY is that, IIRC, there's a point where you fight a leader in Team Flare to stop them using the laser to destroy a town. Lysandre's like, "if you win you prove your conviction was stronger so my henchman will stand down the town will be saved". But when you DO win, the guy is like "ehhh, gently caress it", and pushes the button to destroy the town anyway.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think my favorite little thing from XY is that, IIRC, there's a point where you fight a leader in Team Flare to stop them using the laser to destroy a town. Lysandre's like, "if you win you prove your conviction was stronger so my henchman will stand down the town will be saved". But when you DO win, the guy is like "ehhh, gently caress it", and pushes the button to destroy the town anyway.

Like I said. A first class oval office.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

prepuce repurposed posted:

Meltan can't be traded in Sword/Shield. You need to unlock it in Go then transfer it to Let's Go and I'm sure you know the rest

Huh? Yes it can be traded, that’s how I got mine. It can’t be traded in Home.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

RatHat posted:

Huh? Yes it can be traded, that’s how I got mine. It can’t be traded in Home.

:staredog: holy poo poo I didn't know that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
You can get meltan in swish?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yo dibs on one of that poster's meltans

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

If it can't be traded in Home then how TF do u trade it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Link trade in swish, presumably

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

if you have to grind a pokemon to 100 to make use of the hyper training, what's the most time-efficient way to do that? it seems like max raids against 5 star opponents that guarantee 2 large and 1 XL xp candy is the most efficient xp grind.

i mean the real answer is just don't use non-31 IV pokemon in the first place, but assuming you had to for some reason, what's the fastest way to XP grind?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

GO>Let's Go>HOME>SWSH. I've got like 12 Meltan's sitting in my home box and I put one Meltan and one Melmetal in my copy of sword.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I got a meltan and melmetal from a friend on the pokegoon discord.

Getting the mythicals I missed (hoopa, volcanion, marshadow, zeraora) is gonna be A Thing though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

What's the link to the discord again

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I am only missing one pre gen 8 mythic/legendary. Diancie. I've been able to get all the others between SM USUM events and the legendarys in gen 6&7 post games. the only other missing one is Shield dog which seems like it will be a bit more work then it took for me to get the others.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

You bring it into SwSh.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Took several days and some help from a few lovely Goons, but I completed my living DeX and got my pokeball colored Magearna.
https://twitter.com/ogrenoah/status/1231099908020527104?s=19

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Framboise posted:

I got a meltan and melmetal from a friend on the pokegoon discord.

Getting the mythicals I missed (hoopa, volcanion, marshadow, zeraora) is gonna be A Thing though

Dude. I got a spare shiny hoopa and a standard marshadow if you want em'. They're in Ultra Sun at the moment tho.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

mateo360 posted:

I am only missing one pre gen 8 mythic/legendary. Diancie. I've been able to get all the others between SM USUM events and the legendarys in gen 6&7 post games. the only other missing one is Shield dog which seems like it will be a bit more work then it took for me to get the others.

if you have any spare legendaries from previous games there's no harm in tossing them up on the GTS, they can sit there for a while and eventually someone might take you up on it.

source: me, who traded a Necrozma for a Zacian (and then realized that i traded for the wrong box legendary and had to trade the Zacian for a Zamazenta, which was pretty quick to find)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Freaking Crumbum posted:

if you have to grind a pokemon to 100 to make use of the hyper training, what's the most time-efficient way to do that? it seems like max raids against 5 star opponents that guarantee 2 large and 1 XL xp candy is the most efficient xp grind.

i mean the real answer is just don't use non-31 IV pokemon in the first place, but assuming you had to for some reason, what's the fastest way to XP grind?
Yeah, L/XL Candies are by far the fastest way to level. You could probably run through a tournament or two (if it's a very low-level 'mon) until the XP plateaus there to save a lot of candies, though.

DC Murderverse posted:

source: me, who traded a Necrozma for a Zacian
:eyepop:

DC Murderverse posted:

and then realized that i traded for the wrong box legendary and had to trade the Zacian for a Zamazenta
:chloe:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You very rarely absolutely need it yeah.

I was quoting your post in which you said:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah and very rarely do you actually want 0 IV.

Actually Needing them is usually even rarer.

so when I queried your "very rarely" I was explicitly responding to your assessment of when you would "want" a 0 IV, not when you would "need" it.

I agree that you don't "need" a 0 IV in attack, but by the same absolute token you don't "need" to have 31 IVs in your Speed and applicable Attack stat, nor do you "need" a suitable nature or suitable moves. You clearly do want those things though, and for a special attacker you also want a 0 IV in Attack. The degree of importance of these various wanted attributes varies.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

DC Murderverse posted:

if you have any spare legendaries from previous games there's no harm in tossing them up on the GTS, they can sit there for a while and eventually someone might take you up on it.

source: me, who traded a Necrozma for a Zacian (and then realized that i traded for the wrong box legendary and had to trade the Zacian for a Zamazenta, which was pretty quick to find)

I don’t think Diancie is tradeable on GTS, it wasn’t in Gen 7, but I can throw my extra Necrozoma up and hope for Zamazenta.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
There were some posts about not using Wonder Trade because you can get traded maliciously crafted pokemon that crash the game. Is it known whether this has been fixed now? I have a box and a half of breeding rejects I want to send out.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hammerite posted:

I was quoting your post in which you said:

so when I queried your "very rarely" I was explicitly responding to your assessment of when you would "want" a 0 IV, not when you would "need" it.

I agree that you don't "need" a 0 IV in attack, but by the same absolute token you don't "need" to have 31 IVs in your Speed and applicable Attack stat, nor do you "need" a suitable nature or suitable moves. You clearly do want those things though, and for a special attacker you also want a 0 IV in Attack. The degree of importance of these various wanted attributes varies.

In this case why would you care either way about what IV the attack value is? It doesn't detract stats from spatk from what I know.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

CYBEReris posted:

In this case why would you care either way about what IV the attack value is? It doesn't detract stats from spatk from what I know.

Minimizing damage from confuse.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Do event Pokemon count for National Dex this time around?

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Funky Valentine posted:

Do event Pokemon count for National Dex this time around?

yes

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I need some help, how do I merge box contents? Is there a way to auto sort in Home that I'm not seeing, or do I seriously have to move this crap one by one?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

look into your heart

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I need some help, how do I merge box contents? Is there a way to auto sort in Home that I'm not seeing, or do I seriously have to move this crap one by one?

A Pokedex is like a garden. It's not fulfilling unless you spend countless hours pulling weeds.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Dont think I've hit a button as hard as "Deny" when the Pokémon Home android app asked permission to use my camera and microphone (?!?)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

Dont think I've hit a button as hard as "Deny" when the Pokémon Home android app asked permission to use my camera and microphone (?!?)

Probably a good call, but typically these sorts of apps use that permission to scan qr codes with the camera or search for a Pokemon in GTS by speaking its name.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bobulus posted:

Probably a good call, but typically these sorts of apps use that permission to scan qr codes with the camera or search for a Pokemon in GTS by speaking its name.

it's these, and also spying

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Alloran posted:

Minimizing damage from confuse.

Foul Play, too. That can actually be a big deal on naturally-high Attack 'mons that aren't using it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
There's also Strength Sap now that it's no longer a signature move.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone still have any breedjects or good spare pokemon in Bank/Gen 7? I’m looking to restart my US game for additional legendaries and to just get another run but I moved all my poo poo to Home outside of a couple of lvl 80+ pokemon and I don’t want to deal with the disobedience poo poo.

I’m trying to catch/breed a few things now before restarting but I’m having no luck. (Trying to SOS a low level Salamence but this Bagon isn’t calling his big bro)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

it's these, and also spying

Oh no, what if they use my microphone to find out I was having sex at 31 :rolleyes:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone still have any breedjects or good spare pokemon in Bank/Gen 7? I’m looking to restart my US game for additional legendaries and to just get another run but I moved all my poo poo to Home outside of a couple of lvl 80+ pokemon and I don’t want to deal with the disobedience poo poo.

I’m trying to catch/breed a few things now before restarting but I’m having no luck. (Trying to SOS a low level Salamence but this Bagon isn’t calling his big bro)

I just bred a second shiny rowlet with his hidden ability if you want him. His Hp's no good tho.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Oh no, what if they use my microphone to find out I was having sex at 31 :rolleyes:

Hey, congrats! Shame it took a while but glad you finally made it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flopsy posted:

I just bred a second shiny rowlet with his hidden ability if you want him. His Hp's no good tho.

I’ll take it! Assuming I ever get out of this Bagon fight. I’ve been chaining SOS for like 4 hours now and a Salamance still won’t show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’ll take it! Assuming I ever get out of this Bagon fight. I’ve been chaining SOS for like 4 hours now and a Salamance still won’t show up.

Okie dokie. My FC is 5129-5306-3661, you have nickname you want?

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 23, 2020