Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

davidbix posted:

I legit either forgot or never knew that Bill Carr was in WWE. I always thought his Twitter handle was some weird joke I didn't get.

He did an interview on Highspots with Bull James & EC3 about their time in developmental. It's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1230534879181443073?s=19

EFFY gonna win

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rulemyasspls

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

davidbix posted:

I legit either forgot or never knew that Bill Carr was in WWE. I always thought his Twitter handle was some weird joke I didn't get.

I only just learned that cte maniac Matt Justice was in FCW too

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Every time I see Effy I briefly mistake him for Dan Ryckert, which makes his gimmick even funnier to me.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I dont think Effy would get married in a Taco Bell

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CVagts posted:

Every time I see Effy I briefly mistake him for Dan Ryckert, which makes his gimmick even funnier to me.

oh thank god i'm not the only one -- at least effy isn't rapidly balding and trying his hardest to hide it

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

CVagts posted:

welp

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I know it's not Dan Rykert because if he had kept going down the manager route he would have willingly, legitimately, had his eye literally ripped out so he could wear an eye patch by now because he thinks Evangelion and Metal Gear Solid are the two best works of fiction in human history.

This sounds like an exaggeration but Dan Rykert thought glasses were cool when he was a kid with 20/20 vision and lied during an eye exam, willing wore glasses that permanently damaged his normal eyesight, and now he's borderline blind without glasses.

He also never had mayonnaise until he was in his 30's. His reaction to a tornado ripping his neighbor's roof off was "gently caress this is annoying" and fell asleep. He got married in a Taco Bell. This man is Forrest Gump in real life.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

RealFoxy posted:

I know it's not Dan Rykert because if he had kept going down the manager route he would have willingly, legitimately, had his eye literally ripped out so he could wear an eye patch by now because he thinks Evangelion and Metal Gear Solid are the two best works of fiction in human history.

I mean this already happened

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1230646518719352834

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I don't know who this weird Beyond angle is for. I'd check the show out but it's not going to be on IWTV and that seems like a dumb idea.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Next Saturday at 2PM Eastern on IWTV is Black Label Pro's Quantum Leap

Ren Narita vs Aaron Williams
Blake Christian and Alex Zayne vs the Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier and Zachary Wentz)
Chris Dickinson vs Jake Something
Bear Country (Bear Beefcake and Bear Bronson) vs Corn Beef (Big Beef and 1 Called Manders)
Violence is Forever (Dominic Garrini and Kevin Ku) vs Wheeler Yuta and Lee Moriarty
AJ Gray defends the Midwest title against Kylie Rae
Warhorse defends the IWTV title against Effy
Erick Stevens defends the BLP title against Josh Alexander

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lumbermouth posted:

I don't know who this weird Beyond angle is for. I'd check the show out but it's not going to be on IWTV and that seems like a dumb idea.

Yeah I don't really get it but I'm gonna get it because the whole Wayne's World aspects to it. Its ambitious in a different way.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Chris James 2 posted:

Next Saturday at 2PM Eastern on IWTV is Black Label Pro's Quantum Leap

Ren Narita vs Aaron Williams
Blake Christian and Alex Zayne vs the Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier and Zachary Wentz)
Chris Dickinson vs Jake Something
Bear Country (Bear Beefcake and Bear Bronson) vs Corn Beef (Big Beef and 1 Called Manders)
Violence is Forever (Dominic Garrini and Kevin Ku) vs Wheeler Yuta and Lee Moriarty
AJ Gray defends the Midwest title against Kylie Rae
Warhorse defends the IWTV title against Effy
Erick Stevens defends the BLP title against Josh Alexander

Blitzkrieg Pro is also running a show next Saturday, same time in Enfield, CT... and while still a great card, this BLP one is a bit better

Nick Gage vs Jeff Cannonball (POSSSSIBLY becoming a 3-way with Nick Stapp (FKA CPA)
D-Lo Brown vs Hermit Crab
Tony Deppen vs "Smart" Mark Sterling
Bobby Orlando vs VSK vs DL Hurst
Full Bloodied Petri Dish (Little Guido/Oswald Project) vs Maine State Posse
Swoggle is also booked and the usual mixture of other CAP & Limitless wrestlers

BP is usually a fun show, good venue, BYOB for a small uncorking fee.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish I had time Saturday to make that drive up to see Ren Narita.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

I have no words

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

someone book session moth vs beef wellington

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yes

https://twitter.com/ComicWarhausen/status/1230974048022269954

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

OFFICER LIGER posted:

someone book session moth vs beef wellington

The return of the rear end punch

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

maybe i'm actually getting old but what is a customs match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I can only guess you win by cavity searching your opponent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

very expensive wrestling matches.

so first there was apartment wrestling in which young and attractive people would wrestle each other for fetishists' titillation. Sometimes they'd watch live othertimes they'd get the photos in the mail.

then came customs, in which the purchaser can describe the kind of action they wanted to see. 2 hours of leg scissoring? Well if you can find performers willing to do so and have the funds to make it happen...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

coconono posted:

so first there was apartment wrestling in which young and attractive people would wrestle each other for fetishists' titillation. Sometimes they'd watch live othertimes they'd get the photos in the mail.

then came customs, in which the purchaser can describe the kind of action they wanted to see. 2 hours of leg scissoring? Well if you can find performers willing to do so and have the funds to make it happen...

Oh I know what those are! I just didn't know they were called customs I guess I can keep my internet dirtbag card.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Oh I know what those are! I just didn't know they were called customs I guess I can keep my internet dirtbag card.

the adjacencies between sex work and wrestling are deep and super loving fascinating.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
DEFY is getting too violent. A hobby horse and razor scooter were used in a tag match.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

At Defy with TTBF and holy poo poo, I've been missing out not going. Jeff Cobb vs. Cody Chhun was loving incredible.

born on a buy you posted:

DEFY is getting too violent. A hobby horse and razor scooter were used in a tag match.
That hardcore match was fantastic at walking the line of "looks brutal, totally safe."

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 22, 2020

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

DEFY loving rules. People ran out of cash to throw into the ring after three matches

E: Gunz vs Amarilla went way too long

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 22, 2020

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

TTBF posted:

DEFY loving rules. People ran out of cash to throw into the ring after three matches

The gunz are not good imo. Ravishing Randy Myers winning and then having fans break the ring was great! I’ve never heard the crowd as loud as when Randy got the 3.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

coconono posted:

When I broke in to wrasslin the webmaster asked if I had an AIM handle to post on the website. I said sure, and within the week I had 3 or 4 gentlemans inquire if i would wrestle them in hotel rooms with very specific dress code requirements, jocks or briefs only. I asked my promoter what to do and he told me to avoid the perverts unless they offer you a grand or more, and even then bring someone as a bodyguard. I declined to participate but it was not something they mentioned in training.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The gunz are not good imo. Ravishing Randy Myers winning and then having fans break the ring was great! I’ve never heard the crowd as loud as when Randy got the 3.

I'm a fan of the Gunz but tonight was kind of inexcusable. I wanted to yell "GO HOME!" at what felt like the thirty minute mark but I didn't want people to misinterpret that as me yelling at the Mexican luchadors.

If anyone can tell me exactly how Randy won (I just remember a pinfall) please tell me because my mind went blank when Randy got the 3. I marked out considerably and it's a shame NotSock wasn't there to see me completely lose my poo poo.

Most importantly though....I FINALLY GOT MY KISS FROM RANDY! ON THE NIGHT HE BECAME CHAMPION! RIGHT AFTERWARDS~! HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo! I'm on cloud loving nine over this.

And when he brought us all into the ring....!!!!

https://twitter.com/RRWWE/status/1231136461518303232

TTBF fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 22, 2020

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TTBF posted:

We got to a point that I turned to TTBF and said "this is getting long in the tooth," and they replied, "I'd yell 'go home,' but in this context that'd be bad.

Insufferable SJW I am, it still took me a second to realize the why of it:

One of the teams was two Mexicans.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
If you got a kiss then you were a few seat to my left. Were you wit the old dude whose belt they used in the tag match?

Randy got out of a slam and pinned him in a crucifix in the corner. It was in one of the few things I saw because the camera man, despite being 1 and a half foot wide at most, was always in front of me.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

between randy and arty, defy has been doing my canadian boys well :unsmith:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If you got a kiss then you were a few seat to my left. Were you wit the old dude whose belt they used in the tag match?

Randy got out of a slam and pinned him in a crucifix in the corner. It was in one of the few things I saw because the camera man, despite being 1 and a half foot wide at most, was always in front of me.

No, I prefer balcony at Washington Hallnso I don't have to run around when a wrestler goes into the crowd. The second people started getting in the ring I rushed from upstairs to the ring to get in. Got my kiss there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

We got to a point that I turned to TTBF and said "this is getting long in the tooth," and they replied, "I'd yell 'go home,' but in this context that'd be bad.

Insufferable SJW I am, it still took me a second to realize the why of it:

One of the teams was two Mexicans.

Mr Mecha Wolf 450 is a piece of poo poo so heckling him at any moment is justified.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

KungFu Grip posted:

Mr Mecha Wolf 450 is a piece of poo poo so heckling him at any moment is justified.
Gonna' say yelling "go home" to a Mexican person is always bad.

Shouldn't be a controversial take, but here we are.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's not mexican

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Had a drat good time at the 20th anniversary KSWA show tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Super No Vacancy posted:

he's not mexican
Then I don't understand the response to "we didn't yell 'go home' to the Mexicans because of the non-wrestling meaning" being "this person is a piece of poo poo, so heckling him is okay."