Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Norlin-Era SG owner checking in.

1975 Standard. Extra holes, broken heel, wrong bridge, T-Top bridge pickup, "vintage" Super Distortion in the neck. It has a good 45 years of wear on it, and it shows. But it plays great, sounds great, and was $350.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Snowy posted:

Looks like a cool bike shop

They're cool as hell. :)

http://www.sbccycles.com/
https://sbccycles.bigcartel.com/product/true-metal

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8wZ6K3nax6/

actually pretty useful imo

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

This is one of those, "Why didn't I think of that!?" moments for me.

e: That thing does what the Steve Vai Jemini pedal was supposed to do if you have a DS1 and TS909 and if not? Still cheaper than buying the Jemini (which by all accounts doesn't quite hit the sound of DS1 or TS909).

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 20, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That does look very useful for stompboxes, especially when you pick and mix stuff (delay and tremolo, in my case).

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I wouldn't mind it so I can turn off an od and distortion at the same time.

It's such an obvious tool that I'm surprised it's not more common

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Lol i love spam messages on soundcloud. A few days ago I made an improvised backing track in the guitar thread just to show some examples of metal rhythms and give someone something to jam along with

then I got this message:

І hаvе my musіс blog which is prасtiсаllу аbоut nеw rеlеаses lіke уоurs BackingTrack Am Em Bm Dmaj.
Аre yа agrее tо get your trаck pоsted to frеsh n hоt releаses сatеgоrу оn mу musiс blog?
Tоtals: 620 lіkes, fоllоwеrs, rероsts 'n' 2000-2700 рlаys fоr your SC prоfіlе.
І have lоaded the lіnk оn mу prоfіle
Full desсriрtion thеre.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

What would be a cheap way to hack together something like this from Home Depot parts? Gotta be a way but damned if I can figure what ATM.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bottle caps, scrap rebar piece, zip ties, blood and piss.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Lol i love spam messages on soundcloud. A few days ago I made an improvised backing track in the guitar thread just to show some examples of metal rhythms and give someone something to jam along with

then I got this message:

І hаvе my musіс blog which is prасtiсаllу аbоut nеw rеlеаses lіke уоurs BackingTrack Am Em Bm Dmaj.
Аre yа agrее tо get your trаck pоsted to frеsh n hоt releаses сatеgоrу оn mу musiс blog?
Tоtals: 620 lіkes, fоllоwеrs, rероsts 'n' 2000-2700 рlаys fоr your SC prоfіlе.
І have lоaded the lіnk оn mу prоfіle
Full desсriрtion thеre.

I get those messages all the time-
heyуу How thіngs аrе going
І'll bе morе thаn glаd to prеsеnt yоur trасk Pizza Portal
tо our Sоundсlоud Нuge aсcоunts netwоrk.
Bаsed оn prеvious eхperiеnce, u may tаke іn:
● 204 reаl fаns (apрroximаtеlу), 3030 hоt lіsteners, 322 shаres аnd lіkеs, EXTRА Vіdео fоr уour trасk.
Fіnd the lіnk іn my heаdеr ріc

Yeah, I was really hoping to get my track Pizza Portal to a larger audience. Also I have several fake bot followers who use pictures of hot chicks with toned abs on their profile. I think I have one actual human follower. Soundcloud is weird.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

me and the boys been lookin' at stuff on pinnerest and we reckon we'd make a fine bog rock trio.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Krustic posted:

I get those messages all the time-
heyуу How thіngs аrе going
І'll bе morе thаn glаd to prеsеnt yоur trасk Pizza Portal
tо our Sоundсlоud Нuge aсcоunts netwоrk.
Bаsed оn prеvious eхperiеnce, u may tаke іn:
● 204 reаl fаns (apрroximаtеlу), 3030 hоt lіsteners, 322 shаres аnd lіkеs, EXTRА Vіdео fоr уour trасk.
Fіnd the lіnk іn my heаdеr ріc

Yeah, I was really hoping to get my track Pizza Portal to a larger audience. Also I have several fake bot followers who use pictures of hot chicks with toned abs on their profile. I think I have one actual human follower. Soundcloud is weird.

Yeah, another fun thing they do is spam likes. Doesn't seem fishy at all when my new track's got 5 likes and 2 listens.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I wouldn't mind it so I can turn off an od and distortion at the same time.

It's such an obvious tool that I'm surprised it's not more common

A loop pedal seems like a better way to do this to me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Actuary X posted:

A loop pedal seems like a better way to do this to me

:psyduck:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

A loop as in an effects loop, not a looper pedal. Lots of companies make pedals that let you keep a pedal or three always on behind a toggle switch and just click them all in when you want. GigRig is the famous one because of That Pedal Show.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siivola posted:

A loop as in an effects loop, not a looper pedal. Lots of companies make pedals that let you keep a pedal or three always on behind a toggle switch and just click them all in when you want. GigRig is the famous one because of That Pedal Show.

oh duh

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

gently caress Your Website posted:

What would be a cheap way to hack together something like this from Home Depot parts? Gotta be a way but damned if I can figure what ATM.

Copper pipe cut to the length of the distance you need. Add two 90 degree elbow joints, a bit of padding inside so it sits high enough to press down all the way (and doesn't mark up the pedal too much) and you're good to go. Add a T joint if you want more than two pedals in on the action. Just don't stomp hard enough to bend the pipe.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

scrolling further down, dude's got a photo of some terrifying half-mixed veggie smoothie and claiming that it cures mental health issues and cancer

fear factory drama is probably for all time the stupidest music poo poo, I must say

hexwren fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 23, 2020

W424
Oct 21, 2010

hexwren posted:

fear factory drama is probably for all time the stupidest music poo poo, I must say

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I still like Demanufacture and Obsolete, but yeah, shame about the petty motherfuckers who are/were in the band.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

hexwren posted:

What’s the drama? I’ve never liked fear factory but juicy gossip is fun, unless you just mean that gross drink.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Snowy posted:

What’s the drama? I’ve never liked fear factory but juicy gossip is fun, unless you just mean that gross drink.

Everyone hates everyone else. That's really it.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
christian olde wolbers is also apparently a chud but that's not exactly a rare thing among middle aged metal dudes

Snowy posted:

a bunch of lawsuits over who has rights to the band name

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 24, 2020

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My favorite is the Queensryche drama. The singer fella is absurdly narcissistic and incredibly stupid at the same time so it's super hilarious.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
geoff tate's head looks like a dirty onion

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
woah

VVV Yup. He now looks as unattractive on the outside as he is on the inside. You are not wrong. VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 24, 2020

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
now you know you can't unsee it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Muppets On PCP posted:

He looks like Riker going undercover in a cyberpunk gang

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Bert went though his edgy phase like everyone else did.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought it was Big Dick Nick

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snowy posted:

I thought it was Big Dick Nick

That's ulillillia

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Is there a way to get a "Dooooooouuuchhhhhe!" gang chant but in post form? Because holy poo poo. :cawg:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In the way all lovely Eurobeat goes: douche douche douche douche

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

stillvisions posted:

Bert went though his edgy phase like everyone else did.
NICE

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

billy zane's lost 2600 magazine cover photoshoot

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Forever reposting this.

Heh. I love that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZ-QSinSF8

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Concatenation posted:

Forever reposting this.

Heh. I love that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZ-QSinSF8

Good god, is this his dating site profile?

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010
That video is top tier stupid music poo poo. Amazing.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm trying to find out how in the hell someone would think making a video about themselves like that would ever be something they'd want to do, let alone anything anyone else would want to see.

"watch this. heh. I love that."

HEH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010
I love wine.

And I have my own brand.

It's called

INSANIA.