Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

She drinks a whiskey drink

She drinks a vodka drink

She drinks a lager drink

She drinks a cider drink

She sings the songs that remind her of the good times

She sings the songs that remind her of the best times

Ohhhh Danny Boy

Danny Boy... Danny Boooooooy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

My girlfriend was tempted to buy a second switch (lite this time) to play the game on both the TV and at work. Guess no point now as games locked to one machine.

Nintendo are such a dumb company some times.

That's weird, my switch works on the TV and on-the-go!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Fun Times! posted:

That's weird, my switch works on the TV and on-the-go!

And then how would I play on it?

2 switches is ideal for our needs but not when Nintendo keep locking games to one machine.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I'm looking for a little advice please: I've not played any Animal Crossing game before (well that's a slight lie, I've played maybe 20 minutes of one of the DS games once but I don't think that counts) but they've always looked fun to me and I know a lot of people really enjoy them, so I've been thinking about buying this for my Switch when it's released.

I've been looking at shops here (the UK) for ordering the game and it appears I can buy it digitally for about £4 less than I'd pay for a physical copy, would that be a better option for this game (as it seems reading more about the series it's good for picking up and playing for a while and then putting down and repeating, something to weave between other games, rather than a big gaming session...unless I'm mistaken here and would appreciate clarification) or should I pay a little extra for a physical copy in case I don't like it? I think I might enjoy the game though, especially if I can just play it on and off between my backlog of other games :v:

Sorry for the super dumb/vague question but as I say, I'm just unsure about the game/series :shobon:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RoboJoe posted:

I'm looking for a little advice please: I've not played any Animal Crossing game before (well that's a slight lie, I've played maybe 20 minutes of one of the DS games once but I don't think that counts) but they've always looked fun to me and I know a lot of people really enjoy them, so I've been thinking about buying this for my Switch when it's released.

I've been looking at shops here (the UK) for ordering the game and it appears I can buy it digitally for about £4 less than I'd pay for a physical copy, would that be a better option for this game (as it seems reading more about the series it's good for picking up and playing for a while and then putting down and repeating, something to weave between other games, rather than a big gaming session...unless I'm mistaken here and would appreciate clarification) or should I pay a little extra for a physical copy in case I don't like it? I think I might enjoy the game though, especially if I can just play it on and off between my backlog of other games :v:

Sorry for the super dumb/vague question but as I say, I'm just unsure about the game/series :shobon:

I'd go with the digital version if it's that much cheaper. It's def a game for casual play, to the point of just checking in for a couple of minutes a day. Yes, the original gacha.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/honevbee/status/1230573665005264896?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can anyone read Japanese? Apparently C.J.'s name in Japan is Justin

Justin the Beaver

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna trap Justin in a 1x1 square gulag in the middle of a lake.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do not torture the good boy, you monster.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Infinitum posted:

Gonna trap Justin in a 1x1 square gulag in the middle of a lake.

Make sure the lake is on top of a mountain too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Manuel Calavera posted:

Do not torture the good boy, you monster.

Fine.

A 2x1 island

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yes, tell us Justin!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can anyone read Japanese? Apparently C.J.'s name in Japan is Justin

Justin the Beaver

his name definitely says justin, yeah

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
is the pc using a car battery as a backpack in this pic

e: can't wait to unlock justin's demon fishing rod

edit edit: wait maybe its some kind of cooler to hold... fish?

vanisher fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 22, 2020

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd go with the digital version if it's that much cheaper. It's def a game for casual play, to the point of just checking in for a couple of minutes a day. Yes, the original gacha.
Okay great, thank you for the response. I'll probably just buy the digital version in that case; I'm looking forward to the release now!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

vanisher posted:

straight into the ocean, gonna name my island AutoZone

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Let’s be honest this is basically Tom Nook trying to start up communities where he’ll have a monopoly on trade and the economy. Any island that doesn’t blossom for him to suck profits from is going to wake up one morning to find their Nook phones disabled, the resident relations tent abandoned, and the airport empty. There are going to be dozens of island with starved corpses on them and Nook’s nubby little paws will be dripping with their blood

Catalina
May 20, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

his name definitely says justin, yeah

Yup. And I don’t know how the other names are written so I can’t compare, but it’s written with the characters that denote foreign loan words and their sounds so it is definitely “Justin” like we would think of it.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

vanisher posted:

e: can't wait to unlock justin's demon fishing rod

edit edit: wait maybe its some kind of cooler to hold... fish?

It's a soft sided tackle bag

Also I finally remembered this is coming out and watched the direct and :neckbeard:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/backryong/status/1231070611062976513

Fanart starting strong.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I actually nabbed a German version of my favorite villager's card for €8 (inc shipping) so cool roll on March 20th

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Let’s be honest this is basically Tom Nook trying to start up communities where he’ll have a monopoly on trade and the economy. Any island that doesn’t blossom for him to suck profits from is going to wake up one morning to find their Nook phones disabled, the resident relations tent abandoned, and the airport empty. There are going to be dozens of island with starved corpses on them and Nook’s nubby little paws will be dripping with their blood

You catch sixteen sharks
What do you get?
Another house bigger
And deeper in debt

Tortimer, don't you call me
Cause I can't go!
I owe my soul to Tom Nook's store

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
https://twitter.com/poemdexter/status/1231276123260100609

I've only ever played pocket camp but really excited for new horizons. Can't wait to make band merch shirts and wear them in game.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dr. VooDoo posted:

good time to roleplay the sequel to that one animal crossing let's play in the archives

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Catalina posted:

Yup. And I don’t know how the other names are written so I can’t compare, but it’s written with the characters that denote foreign loan words and their sounds so it is definitely “Justin” like we would think of it.
Yeah it's absolutely Justin, there's no other way to read it that I can think of.

I'm gonna be playing AC in Japanese for practice and continued exposure since I'm back in the States now with no one to speak it with and while I am gonna miss out on the awesome localization I am interested in the different speech patterns and names. It is gonna be hard to talk about though.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Simple question- I don't think has been asked or answered- do we know if there's gonna be a bank in this game? I want to have a laugh when I forget about the game and come back to it with a ton of accrued interest of bells.

Edit: phoneposting.

frogge fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 22, 2020

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

good time to roleplay the sequel to that one animal crossing let's play in the archives

We call it...Animal Crossing.

That entire LP was amazing. I think my favorite part was when the MC tried to commit suicide, and the OP put in screenshots of Mr. Resetti giving one of his speeches about resetting, and one of the posters who hadn’t played Animal Crossing was freaking out asking if all of the screenshots were unedited and from the actual game, where in the HELL in an E-rated game about being a kid living on happy animal island would there be context for one of the animals giving you a long lecture about thinking about how much you would lose if you ended it all.

Edit: Phone posting.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 22, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

So, the Future Press Companion Guide is pretty much confirmed to release in April.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Jeez, people will have beaten the game by then

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Hekk - sorry for the delay on updating your friend code on the sheet, but I did get the numbers swapped (0911 to 9011)! Let me know if there's anything else you need.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Animal Crossing is a game about giving gifts.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1231304172789694466

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I thought I’d try to get back into pocket camp while I wait for the real thing but I just can’t do it. There’s way too much stuff added and none of it feels free.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Friend Code: SW- 7947-9524-2489

Got mine ordered and preloaded.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Something I just read, the "Nook Homes customers" bit might be just a cute way to say returning villagers and we might have more than 383 since that count doesn't include new villagers.

If you add up all the amiibo cards between Happy Home Designer/amiibo festival and New Leaf's welcome amiibo series, and take out all the special not-a-villager cards (and also the sanrio cards), you get.....383.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 23, 2020

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Color Printer posted:

If you add up all the amiibo cards between Happy Home Designer/amiibo festival and New Leaf's welcome amiibo series, and take out all the special not-a-villager cards (and also the sanrio cards), you get.....383.

RIP angry pig Ganon and Inkwell

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They need to add more octopus villagers so I can finally get one in my town

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So how many villagers do you all think we'll be allowed to have at once?

In the direct, the most on screen was 7 near the end, so I think it'll end up being around 10.

I sincerely hope having eight players didn't reduce the number of animal villagers we can have.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Did they say if you can customize your character at the beginning or is it still the questionnaire to see what kind of character you get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Hihohe posted:

Did they say if you can customize your character at the beginning or is it still the questionnaire to see what kind of character you get?

According to the director, we'll be able to customize our character at the start—and the options are gender-free, too. There's some unlockable hairstyles that we've seen hints for in the Nook Miles menu, but at least we can have sort of control!