Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Man, Axiom Verge is such a great game. I'm really excited for the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Never forget the creator of ori melted down on gaf/era over botw's perfect scores and wrote a giant rant about how his game is designed around fun per seconds or some poo poo.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Macaluso posted:

Has anyone played that Dreams game? Is it worth it? Are the various games people make cool enough to check out? Is the creation stuff easy to get into?

Yeah, I think so. I got it in early access and it looks like they’ve made a lot of improvements since then. It’s really easy to make things, and the you can make something abstract or hyper detailed with the same tools. You can also remix other peoples’ creations or just borrow assets from them to make your own hodgepodge creations. I wound up buying the Move controllers for it but they didn’t make me a better artist. However, I was still able to cobble together some ugly stuff I’m proud of that uses the different systems.

There’s a lot of already created stuff out there now. The quality on some of it is great and I’m usually surprised that it wasn’t made by Media Molecule to show off the system. There are also some really, uh, outsider art pieces like skits of Goku fighting Roger Rabbit. The auto surf option is great if you just want to chill out for a while and sample creations. They fixed the thing where if you did auto surf it would break up games that used multiple scenes (title page is one scene, then it used to shuffle in some unrelated content before getting back to the original game). The thread here isn’t very active but the game seems to be plenty alive. I would recommend it if any of what it’s selling sounds interesting.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I just realized after 20 years that Porco turned back human at the end of Porco Rosso while watching the film with my kids.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Never forget the creator of ori melted down on gaf/era over botw's perfect scores and wrote a giant rant about how his game is designed around fun per seconds or some poo poo.

You thinking of the right person? Ori was developed by Moon Studios.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Infinitum posted:

Do they not care about Fun Per Second?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If Famitsu doesn't award a game a perfect score I don't play it

It's that simple.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Thomas mahler, yes. He wrote a long post about game design and how botw is just held up by name, contrasting with his game, essentially the old belda argument with a dash of argument from authority.

Some folks can't wrap their mind around a game world that doesn't pepper you with objectives in your pov

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 22, 2020

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Infinitum posted:

If Famitsu doesn't award a game a perfect score I don't play it

It's that simple.

I checked their perfect score list and tbh there's a lot of excellent games there so you can't really go wrong.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/HeyItsNasse/status/1231139328102936576

Is this career suicide?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
If you aren't allergic to furries, there's also Dust: An Elysian Tail - maybe a bit too linear for your taste though.

Also the Guacamelee games - though again they are a bit linear.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

They're just applying for a position with thq nordic.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

While it doesn't amount to much, Finnish Police does investigate some of these hate speech cases because it looks good on their statistics.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Songbearer posted:

Sable Able is not my waifu but she is a very good friend

I lied me and Sable are married

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Anyway, here's my expansion for Kingdom Come: Deliverance

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Kingdom Cum: deliverance

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I swear i posted this in a dream

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WaltherFeng posted:

I checked their perfect score list and tbh there's a lot of excellent games there so you can't really go wrong.

It's a really weird list. Lots of slightly strange picks and millions of games that are missing.

I actually remember wanting to buy Nintendogs because I heard Famitsu gave it a perfect score. How did that happen.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

King Dumb Cum

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Convex posted:

What's the thread opinion on Skies of Arcadia (GameCube version)? I'm looking for something bright and cheerful to fill the void after I finish Paper Mario and it sounds like a cool time

it's good but there's a random encounter every three steps

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ever think about the inexorable march of time
https://twitter.com/glancingonhuman/status/1230929591029698560?s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Honestly I thought Bastion was older than that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Convex posted:

What's the thread opinion on Skies of Arcadia (GameCube version)? I'm looking for something bright and cheerful to fill the void after I finish Paper Mario and it sounds like a cool time

it's one of the best games ever made. the encounter rate is fine in the gc version

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What are some good "proper" Metroidvanias? Stuff like Hollow Knight or Axiom Verge where you actually have to explore and figure out how to find secrets. Most of the supposed metroidvanias on steam are too hand holdy and linear, they're just platformers that occasionally give you a movement ability of have a Chozo-statue easter egg.

play timespinner!!

it's heavily inspired by order of ecclesia except the world is all interconnected and it's also extremely good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Looper posted:

it's one of the best games ever made. the encounter rate is fine in the gc version

Oh great, thanks! :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Barudak posted:

Its on Gamepass if youre like me and a full on degenerate for games.

its on itch as well which is more ftw https://panstasz.itch.io/world-of-horror

oddium posted:

check out metroid fusion op

ah... [sweating, tugs at collar] ahh.... they said... NOT linear........

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux posted:

ah... [sweating, tugs at collar] ahh.... they said... NOT linear........

Thank you, I was going to say this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think the basic metroidvania puzzle, “come back when you have the double jump, if you remember to” isn’t all that amazing tbh, but it feels so very videogames that I don’t know what can be done about it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

anyone who's interested in a solid fun game, a real 9/10, i would say to them, "check out metroid fusion"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What are some good "proper" Metroidvanias? Stuff like Hollow Knight or Axiom Verge where you actually have to explore and figure out how to find secrets. Most of the supposed metroidvanias on steam are too hand holdy and linear, they're just platformers that occasionally give you a movement ability of have a Chozo-statue easter egg.

La-Mulana is both your best and worst choice

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

anyone who's interested in a solid fun game, a real 9/10, i would say to them, "check out metroid fusion"

agreedm fusion slaps. however, its a freaking straight line and not very condusive to "non linear play".

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm. maybe we just played it differently

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you cant play it differently because some guy keeps mansplaining to samus where she should go, and in this way it is a precursor to other m. namaste.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I already made this joke. :getin:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

another example of words ruining a good video game series

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of another ruined game series, Breath of the Wild

But I respect St. Vincent's choice, there are many Ways to Game

https://twitter.com/Kotaku_UK/status/1231234082161463301?s=19

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

St. Vincent was the lady in the Switch rooftop party trailer

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
How is the mobile Animal Crossing? Does it deliver any of what makes the series charming, or is it just a mobile disaster of IAP? I’m assuming the latter, but figured I’d ask.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome Animals posted:

How is the mobile Animal Crossing? Does it deliver any of what makes the series charming, or is it just a mobile disaster of IAP? I’m assuming the latter, but figured I’d ask.

It's absolutely the latter. It strips out everything that made the series good, and takes away that hook that keeps you coming back every single day. It's a terrible cash grab that attempts to exploit people into spending hundreds of dollars at a time for cosmetic items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Well, I’m glad I asked! That’s disappointing!