Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC: Ravenous Randy Myers vs SCHAFT for the 8xGP Championship (DEFY Crash of Kings - Feb 21st)

I can't put into words what this match did for me. I'm sure others would only go HM but that meant the world to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: The Nakanishi Retirement Match: Manabu Nakanishi, TenCozy, and Yugi Nagata vs. Kazuchika Okada, Golden Aces and Hirooki Goto - New Japan Road 2/22

Nobody does retirement matches better than New Japan. Nobody.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Nakanishi Retirement Match: Manabu Nakanishi, TenCozy, and Yugi Nagata vs. Kazuchika Okada, Golden Aces and Hirooki Goto - New Japan Road 2/22

Nth just smiled like an idiot the entire match

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Quantum of Phallus posted:

These RevPro commentators need to learn how to monitor mic levels, Jesus Christ

RevPro's production values are the whole reason I haven't been able to get into them. They're so loving amateurish for a promotion their size.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RevPro production just makes me nostalgic for early 2000s indies. You drat kids are spoiled :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

RevPro's production values are the whole reason I haven't been able to get into them. They're so loving amateurish for a promotion their size.

Yeah NGL, the camera work, lighting and audio were loving atrocious. Really took me out of the match. By comparison of the indie stuff I've seen, OTT stuff looks and sounds leagues better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I'll agree to the point I was hoping he'd kick out of the finishers.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah NGL, the camera work, lighting and audio were loving atrocious. Really took me out of the match. By comparison of the indie stuff I've seen, OTT stuff looks and sounds leagues better.

OTT is a very professional looking company for their size. I am constantly impressed by how they put on shows.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

OTT is a very professional looking company for their size. I am constantly impressed by how they put on shows.

The dude who films their top card promos is the best in the business.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I'll agree to the point I was hoping he'd kick out of the finishers.

I was legitimately at one point thinking that Nakanishi was gonna get a clean pin on Kazuchika Okada in his last ever match :sweatdrop:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs Yuko Miyamoto for the King of FREEDOMS Championship in a Tower of Terror Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit (2/10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1LF3DhKxh4

One for my deathmatch ghouls out there and further proof that the best deathmatch wrestlers are the ones who are very good professional wrestlers who choose to do deathmatches anyway.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs Yuko Miyamoto for the King of FREEDOMS Championship in a Tower of Terror Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit (2/10)

One for my deathmatch ghouls out there and further proof that the best deathmatch wrestlers are the ones who are very good professional wrestlers who choose to do deathmatches anyway.

Seconded. This rocks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Third, that kicked rear end.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed that was a great retirement match and post match ceremony

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
HM: All Human Beings Are Brothers Vs We Are Family 6-Man Tag Match: Dansoku Dieno, Super Sasadango Machine & Yasu Urano Vs Shinya Aoki, Hiroshi Yamato & Kazuki Hirata from DDT Into the Fight 2020

During the pre-match promo, Sasadango mentions that because of the fear of Coronavirus, everyone will be given SSM masks to help contain the spread of germs, which worries Danshoku Dino (Who's gimmick is just kissing people). When the match starts, even the referee is given a mask to wear. Lots of fun comedy spots where people are randomly switching teams because they've all got identical masks.

A really fun, short comedy match. If you're confused about the ending The extra Sasadongo machine is just literally nobody.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah Agreed that was fun and amazing

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
Throwing out a quick nomination for

HM: Hijo Del Vikingo, Octagon Jr., and Myzteziz Jr. versus Averno, Chessman, and Rey Escorpion, AAA on Twitch, 2/22

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

HM: All Human Beings Are Brothers Vs We Are Family 6-Man Tag Match: Dansoku Dieno, Super Sasadango Machine & Yasu Urano Vs Shinya Aoki, Hiroshi Yamato & Kazuki Hirata from DDT Into the Fight 2020

During the pre-match promo, Sasadango mentions that because of the fear of Coronavirus, everyone will be given SSM masks to help contain the spread of germs, which worries Danshoku Dino (Who's gimmick is just kissing people). When the match starts, even the referee is given a mask to wear. Lots of fun comedy spots where people are randomly switching teams because they've all got identical masks.

A really fun, short comedy match. If you're confused about the ending The extra Sasadongo machine is just literally nobody.

2nd. Very glad Cody Hall got removed from this match and the whole company for making an rear end of himself on Twitter.

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
And another quick nomination:

HM: Lucha Bros vs. Black Taurus and Australian Suicide vs Puma King and Laredo Kid, AAA on Twitch, 2/22

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

HM: All Human Beings Are Brothers Vs We Are Family 6-Man Tag Match

I assume the date for this is 2/22?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HM: Pagano, Monster Clown, Murder Clown vs. Rush, Bestia del Ring, LA Park - AAA Gira Nacemos Para Luchar TV 2/22

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/556387277?t=2h31m34s Timestamp is 2:31:34 for this one but the link has the whole show from tonight

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 23, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

I assume the date for this is 2/22?
2/23 in Japan Land, but yeah!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Also HM: Will Ospreay/Tomohiro Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tetsuya Naito/Shingo Takagi/EVIL, NJPW Manobu Nakanishi Retirement Show, 22/02

Because for one brief second I believed YOSHI-HASHI might pin the double champ

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: Chris Panzer (c) vs Robbie Eagles for the PWR Championship, PWR Love at First Fight 2/23

Robbie Eagles is a star.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: Masato Tanaka vs MAO, DDT Into The Fight 2/22/20

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

NTH

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Nth for sentiment. Also while I'm catching up:

MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs. Kenny Omega/Hangman Page, AEW Dynamite, 19/02 was really good.
HM: Tag Team Battle Royal, AEW Dynamite, 19/02 was just fun.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

3rd'd or whatever

HM
24/2
Dragongate Truth Gate
Dragongate (Dragon Dia, KAI & Yamato) vs RED (Big R Shimizu, Diamante & Eita)

Just a satisfying DG main event trios, Dia got to look good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Question: does the Kagetsu Gauntlet (Arisa Hoshiki, AZM, Bea Priestley, Death Yama-san, Giulia, Hana Kimura, Hina, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Itsuki Hoshino, Jamie Hayter, Jungle Kyona, Konami, Leo Onozaki, Mayu Iwatani, Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Rina, Ruaka, Saki Kashima, Saya Iida, Saya Kamitani, Starlight Kid, Syuri, Tam Nakano & Utami Hayashishita vs. Kagetsu, Stardom New Year Stars 2020 Night 6, February 15) count as one match or 25 matches (it was 25 one minute bouts pitting Kagetsu against the Stardom roster)

Because if one match I'd like to say:

HM: Arisa Hoshiki, AZM, Bea Priestley, Death Yama-san, Giulia, Hana Kimura, Hina, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Itsuki Hoshino, Jamie Hayter, Jungle Kyona, Konami, Leo Onozaki, Mayu Iwatani, Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Rina, Ruaka, Saki Kashima, Saya Iida, Saya Kamitani, Starlight Kid, Syuri, Tam Nakano & Utami Hayashishita vs. Kagetsu, Stardom New Year Stars 2020 Night 6, February 15

What an incredibly fun spectacle.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This made my top 10 list for 2019 but it was only available on DVD until now, so I'm recommending you watch it. You don't need any back story beyond Arisa Nakajima is a killer and one of the best in the world and she's been brought into a Marvelous big show to test one of their rookies (the other two got equally difficult challenges)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxKowZZ-xvk

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Nagisa Nozaki (c) vs. Hibiki for the Regina Di WAVE - Pro Wrestling WAVE Sunday WAVE Vol. 37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRew5mcMlok

Mainly posting this because prior to watching it I would have said that Nozaki was easily the worst champion in any promotion I have at least a passing interest in and one of the worst wrestlers in the world but she really made me re-evaluate that in a match that basically boiled down to her big leaguing a rookie. Hibiki's selling of Nozaki's offence really helped out here but so did Nozaki's reactions to every time Hibiki turned things around on her or kicked out of a big move. Nozaki's sleeper holds are brutal too.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

motyc: kenny omega vs. pac 30 minute iron man, 2/26 aew dynamite

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MOTYC: PAC vs Kenny Omega, half-hour ironman match, AEW Dynamite 2/26

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Chris James 2 posted:

NTH AND ADD THE SUDDEN DEATH TOO

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. PAC in a 30 Minute Iron Man Match - AEW Dynamite 2/26

This match was on free television.

THIS MATCH WAS ON FREE TELEVISION! :stare:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

blast0rama posted:

NTH AND ADD THE SUDDEN DEATH TOO

2 matches 2 nominations imo

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. PAC in a 30 Minute Iron Man Match - AEW Dynamite 2/26

This match was on free television.

THIS MATCH WAS ON FREE TELEVISION! :stare:

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Nth. Three weeks in a row of topping the best Dynamite TV match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Chris James 2 posted:

HOLY gently caress NTH