Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ringo Roadagain posted:

its gonna be awesome when wwe does ppvs again and all of them but the mania, the rumble and ss get less buys than aew ppvs

thought you were referring to Survivor Series and I was like "it doesn't outdraw aew now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
If the network does go I'll be sad about the loss of archived content. That's literally the only reason to have the network.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

They should sell the WCW library to AEW imo

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Zombie Lemur posted:

Kind of like how Saxby Chambliss is the platonic ideal of scumbag southern politician names.

Orson Swindle wasn't just a pen name for a college football writer

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Stardom pre-emptively blocked Brad Shepard on all of their twitter accounts (its a thing with their English-speaking person; he'll sometimes go on block fests that often catch people that tweet critical things but in this case he was right) which we all learned when he tweeted moaning about it when he tried to go on their twitter after the Bushiroad acquisition was announced to probably find something to moan about. I imagine its something he'll continually bring up whenever they do anything with New Japan or in the US since he's kind of gotten to about it.

forkboy84 posted:

Why would anyone but the 10,000 WWE fans in Japan want to see this? Like, there's not enough homogenised WWE style wrestling for you to watch every week between Raw, Smackdown, NXT, NXT UK & Main Event? You need to see Kaito Kiyomiya turned into an automaton who wrestles like everyone else on the show because god forbid someone feels unique & actually gets over?

I mean most of those probably won't be interested in the thing: since people that are WWE fans in Japan want to see the big name stars from the main roster; they don't want to see minor league Japanese wrestling with the WWE label stuck onto it. If they wanted to watch Japanese wrestling they'd watch one of the many companies that run regularly; its not exactly hard to do. Its the same thing with NXT UK really: they mainly draw from the bits of the hardcore base that don't mind WWE (a dwindling number it seems like) while the 'mainstream' WWE fans aren't interested since they want to see Roman Reigns and Becky Lynch; not Trent Seven.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

hunnert car pileup posted:

Orson Swindle wasn't just a pen name for a college football writer

My favorite Captain Planet villain.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/MFKAOZ/status/1231257269918031879

https://twitter.com/MFKAOZ/status/1231258021440802816

https://twitter.com/HeelWillMahoney/status/1231010994811482112

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's obviously a long list of Candice LeRae, Sami Zayn, Gallows and Anderson, Asuka and Saine, Balor, Nakamura, Joe, etc they're in the process of ruining. gently caress, I always forget they employ Uhaa Nation and Samuray del Sol. And I JUST realized that Metalik is Mascara Dorada. What the gently caress, WWE?!

But like WWE kinda flat out "ruined" Mistico/Sin Cara. He was one of the hottest acts on the globe when he signed and I literally don't even know what name he's going by now.

They also tried real real hard to "ruin" KENTA.

And they seemed to flat out break ACH in a very not funny way.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
They made Ricochet uncool and also neutered his moveset when only a few years earlier he was better than Will Ospreay.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

But like WWE kinda flat out "ruined" Mistico/Sin Cara. He was one of the hottest acts on the globe when he signed and I literally don't even know what name he's going by now.

Caristico, and he's mostly bounced back but it took a long rear end time. He's also not nearly the star he was as Mistico I.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Holding the woman's tag belts is only slightly more prestigious than being 24/7 champ at this point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The most WWE thing is KUSHIDA came in feeling like he'd done everything he possibly could in NJPW and was running in place, and he was booked so poorly in NXT that it was a huge improvement when they revived the Time Splitters, something that would have been an obvious demotion in NJPW.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gently caress, I forgot they had Kushida.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

STAC Goat posted:

gently caress, I forgot they had Kushida.

Given they reunited for that NXT tag team tournament that was won by 2 random singles guys shoved together (as is WWE tradition) I think they forgot as well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
KUSHIDA signed with WWE over a year ago and the only thing he's done of note is have a match with WALTER :psyduck:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
KUSHIDA going to the tall guy promotion and becoming completely irrelevant was the most predictable outcome imaginable.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rarity posted:

KUSHIDA signed with WWE over a year ago and the only thing he's done of note is have a match with WALTER :psyduck:

Let's be fair now, he also had a bunch of white dudes literally throw him in the trash

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel bad because like he's about as old as KENTA was when he got out, so like this is probably just it for him.

Benne posted:

Let's be fair now, he also had a bunch of white dudes literally throw him in the trash

But... why?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

He also got injured, let's not forget that!

Unrelated, let's see what our good friend Mike Kurtz is up to today...

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1231074540119298054

:stare:

He's dying on a hill arguing that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is "rigged" because "piece of poo poo" Jimi Hendrix is in and the guy from Dream Theater isn't.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've never known a Dream Theater fan who isn't probably now a vaping advocate.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ganso Bomb posted:

He's dying on a hill arguing that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is "rigged" because "piece of poo poo" Jimi Hendrix is in and the guy from Dream Theater isn't.

hang on...

Jimi Hendrix hasn't played a six string... because he killed himself?

Despite the fact that Hendrix played a six string. And overdosed.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

It’s amazing that Neville came off as one of the biggest losers in WWE and now in AEW he is the 3rd coolest guy on a roster with a lot of cool guys. The only people cooler are Penta and Fenix who are among the coolest in the world.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/BluesManChu/status/1231235068154216448

https://twitter.com/BluesManChu/status/1231285765939879938

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I hope this lad doesn't have access to firearms. :stare:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:bigwhat:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'd say do we have a thread for scary fan opinions but I don't want there to be one

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

It’s amazing that Neville came off as one of the biggest losers in WWE and now in AEW he is the 3rd coolest guy on a roster with a lot of cool guys. The only people cooler are Penta and Fenix who are among the coolest in the world.

PAC is a big example of someone WWE really really tried to ruin. That guy was making a name for himself as "the man gravity forgot" 15 years ago. He spent like 7 years in WWE. There are people who were born and are driving since PAC was an indie star. Its a miracle he escaped and may actually still get his chance to become a major star.

And weirdly he's only 33.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

PAC is a big example of someone WWE really really tried to ruin. That guy was making a name for himself as "the man gravity forgot" 15 years ago. He spent like 7 years in WWE. There are people who were born and are driving since PAC was an indie star. Its a miracle he escaped and may actually still get his chance to become a major star.

He’s got too cool of a look (looking like an insanely jacked version of the dwarf king from the hobbit movies) and is apparently too good of a promo not to become a star. The video promos he’s been doing for his match with omega have been so badass.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ganso Bomb posted:

He also consistently gets the name of the Dream Theater guy wrong. Every time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dream big, have faith, and love yourself and the people around you.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

oh my god no

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I strongly believe that this person should have to report his movements to the authorities.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i've been in this subforum for a long long time and thats one of the most uncomfortable things i've seen/read

y i k e s

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

imo Cain was cooler when he was wrestling under a mask and doing hurricanranas in aaa

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

STAC Goat posted:

At the very least, he developed his promo ability and character work in his time at WWE. I don't think he would be nearly as confident on the mic if he just stayed in Dragon Gate the whole time.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ringo Roadagain posted:

imo Cain was cooler when he was wrestling under a mask and doing hurricanranas in aaa

Cain was coolest when he bathed in Bigfoot Silva's blood

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ringo Roadagain posted:

He’s got too cool of a look (looking like an insanely jacked version of the dwarf king from the hobbit movies) and is apparently too good of a promo not to become a star. The video promos he’s been doing for his match with omega have been so badass.

I'll never forget wwe gave him a cape and wanted to call him mighty mouse

at least his theme was cool

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of my addiction to WWE definitely died when I saw PAC come out on RAW wearing a cape and called "Neville."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Based on that one episode of The Wrestlers, this just seems like every guy that goes to Joshi shows by themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

No wonder Kairi married her pen pal.