Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Majorian posted:

Klob's speaking in Minneapolis. Thinking we MIGHT hear a dropping out speech.

Klobuchar: We did it, I've won my second state in a row!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Cabbit posted:

Lmao at the state Democratic party releasing the vast, empty hellscape that is northern Nevada first.

Reno isn’t so bad! And we vote correctly!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lol nevermind Klob still in

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha oh my God she's staying in.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is it just me or is Amy Klobuchar absolutely nauseating to listen to? Her accent is....grating, to say the least.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Klobuchar promises to "literally floor the country"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Steve,

Quit msnbc and become the numbers guy on means tv.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Majorian posted:

Klob's speaking in Minneapolis. Thinking we MIGHT hear a dropping out speech.

e: lol guess not. What an idiot.

darn, i'm not looking forward to having to painstakingly deklob some of my less-informed warrenist associates who've only seen like a speech or two and a debate or two

CubanMissile posted:

one of my best uni friends is from reno and i visited it once with her, you're a dirty liar

Jerusalem posted:

For me it's more that she sounds like she is really NOT a natural public speaker and it makes her difficult to listen to.

:lol: CNN dumped her speech the moment they realized she wasn't dropping out.

fantastic

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

:stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerusalem posted:

Ahahaha oh my God she's staying in.

lol they're gonna open the path for sanders even better just because they're too selfish to admit failure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kirios posted:

Is it just me or is Amy Klobuchar absolutely nauseating to listen to? Her accent is....grating, to say the least.

For me it's more that she sounds like she is really NOT a natural public speaker and it makes her difficult to listen to.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
hahahahaha Klob wants to keep splitting the centrists

big dick move to force Pete out

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Klobuchar promises to "literally floor the country"

In that her vote share is heading towards 0?

Edit: Klob is staying in for as long as pete is, she's not dropping out before the snot nosed brat trying to jump ahead in line purely out of spite.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

darn, i'm not looking forward to having to painstakingly deklob some of my less-informed warrenist associates who've only seen like a speech or two and a debate or two

one of my best uni friends is from reno and i visited it once with her, you're a dirty liar

Show 'em the numbers. Most people aren't going to want to back such an obvious loser.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Coming home from my 12 hour work day to find Bernie with over 50% of the vote, holy gently caress.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

She's on track to get 5th in Nevada. At some point your associates are just going to have to be real about this.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nairbo posted:

They're trying to win back viewers from MSNBC. Most normal centrists and Democrat people are going to want to get all in on Bernie.

CNN has a degree of leftish or realistic people who aren't totally in the CAP or never-trumper tank. MSNBC's entire roster is 24/7 Russiagaters, never-Trumpers, ex-Bush spokespeople and a bunch of paid Bloomberg people. CNN knows which way they need to go to keep viewership, I think today is the start of a groundshift and although I'll never pay for a cable subscription or help them get ad revenue, I'll be watching it a lot more going forward if they keep going this way.

MSNBC is irreemable dogshit, the only people who will still be watching it a month from now are #StillWithHers and KAnon psychopaths

MSNBC is only worth watching Ari Melber who seems to be a Bernie guy and generally is pretty smart except for the constant rap verses out of nowhere. Chris Hayes can be ok as well. Everyone else has lost their mind with the failure of impeachment and the rise of Bernie. Their anti-Sanders campaign has gotten so bad that it is just impossible to watch it.

CNN pushing a more facts based, non narrative reporting is probably the right way for them to go. I think the days of cable news being non-stop talking head spouting bullshit will probably end soon. What it will morph into will be the question.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Klob wants to kill pete and bloomberg

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I was trying to find it and yeah, she sounds like a first-year college student having to give a presentation in class and is reading word for word from the notecards with no prep.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Kirios posted:

She has big "barely holding it together" vibes that combine with her barely concealed disdain for voters to create a very compelling affect

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

reignonyourparade posted:

Edit: Klob is staying in for as long as pete is, she's not dropping out before the snot nosed brat trying to jump ahead in line purely out of spite.

Good for her

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/scottheins/status/1231365491693772801?s=20

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

CubanMissile posted:

Reno doesn't count, it's basically fine. I mean the vast empty to the east.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

In many ways Pete is the ultimate Intern.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
No one is going to drop out before Super Tuesday. There is no reason to before then. Right now you have a sunk cost into NV and SC. Super Tuesday is days later after SC.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
is fifth place klob really trying to kneecap bernie right now? is this real?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nairbo posted:

They're trying to win back viewers from MSNBC. Most normal centrists and Democrat people are going to want to get all in on Bernie.

CNN has a degree of leftish or realistic people who aren't totally in the CAP or never-trumper tank. MSNBC's entire roster is 24/7 Russiagaters, never-Trumpers, ex-Bush spokespeople and a bunch of paid Bloomberg people. CNN knows which way they need to go to keep viewership, I think today is the start of a groundshift and although I'll never pay for a cable subscription or help them get ad revenue, I'll be watching it a lot more going forward if they keep going this way.

MSNBC is irreemable dogshit, the only people who will still be watching it a month from now are #StillWithHers and KAnon psychopaths

Y'know, I think that as soon as the Bernie Inevitability is estaablished, we'll see a lot of pundits change their tune and support Bernie -- although with a bunch of "moderation" caveats. Whether this is tonight or after a SC win, that remains to be seen.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

reignonyourparade posted:

Ahahaha that's amazing, gotta say I respect her a tiny bit for that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
https://apps.npr.org/liveblogs/20200222-nevada/share/primary-day-rain-isnt-keeping-100.html

quote:

Primary Day Rain Isn’t Keeping Voters Away

A little bit of desert rain can’t keep the voters away in Las Vegas. Caucus sites are forging ahead despite the downpour, according to Clark County Democratic Party Chair Donna West.

“People don’t come out a lot of the time when it rains here because our roads get very slick,” West told NPR. “They didn’t stay home today and they certainly turned out with enthusiasm. Some were waiting at some locations for hours to vote.”

West said she was personally working the voter registration tables recently in Clark County, where Las Vegas is located. The feedback on the process was “phenomenally positive,” she said. “[They] had a good time, which is what we want people to do when they come caucus."

West also noticed a large number of voters who were either registering for the first time or changing parties to vote as Democrats.

“We had five Republicans switching parties and more than a dozen Independents,” she said. “They found a candidate that spoke to them.”

same-day voter registration? what foul witchery is this

Jerusalem posted:

Probably because they thought she might drop.

One of the CNN panelists made the point that she always comes out early for her speeches because she knows the media are keen to fill up time so they'll give her a large potential audience to speak to.

that's... actually pretty smart

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 23, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mr Hootington posted:

Literally the only explanation for her staying in besides being completely delusional.

Or maybe she knows Warren is gonna drop out and endorse her or something.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Why is anyone giving Klob airtime right now.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

is fifth place klob really trying to kneecap bernie right now? is this real?

no way, she's kneecapping Buttigieg by staying in. They have a ton of crossover voters, Bernie doesn't have much for crossover from Amy and literally zero from Pete according to the last second and third choice polls

Both of their supporters will bend the knee and vote for Bernie in the general though according to another poll

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dias posted:

Y'know, I think that as soon as the Bernie Inevitability is estaablished, we'll see a lot of pundits change their tune and support Bernie -- although with a bunch of "moderation" caveats. Whether this is tonight or after a SC win, that remains to be seen.

Making that list and checking it twice. Sorry, but your blackballed!

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Warmachine posted:

I was trying to find it and yeah, she sounds like a first-year college student having to give a presentation in class and is reading word for word from the notecards with no prep.

Are you calling her dumb?

That moment in the debate was painful to watch.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Watching MSNBC and waiting for them to cut away from Amy so I can watch them going insane

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Dias posted:

I don't see this happening on MSNBC. They have a LOT of hacks like Jason Johnson, Jennifer Rubin and Neera Tanden on as paid contributors with likely big contracts. The only paid contributor they have that could even be considered moderately leftist is Sam Seder but only Chris Hayes has him on at 1am, he's never on the big shows.

Surrogates will keep showing up but the paid contributor types basically don't exist on MSNBC

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
MSNBC is airing Klobuchar's speech in full so they don't have to talk about Sanders winning

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Nairbo posted:

no way, she's kneecapping Buttigieg by staying in. They have a ton of crossover voters, Bernie doesn't have much for crossover from Amy and literally zero from Pete according to the last second and third choice polls

Both of their supporters will bend the knee and vote for Bernie in the general though according to another poll

Yeah but she led with the "Some people think the way to win this race is by being as POLARIZING as the president"

Which is that dumbass line of attack on Bernie where he excludes anyone who isn't with him 100%. Buttigeg tried it at the debate and has been saying it in interviews for weeks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Why is anyone giving Klob airtime right now.

Probably because they thought she might drop.

One of the CNN panelists made the point that she always comes out early for her speeches because she knows the media are keen to fill up time so they'll give her a large potential audience to speak to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sydin posted:

Literally the only explanation for her staying in besides being completely delusional.

Or maybe she knows Warren is gonna drop out and endorse her or something.

Only thing that makes sense is she thinks she can run in the future. Warren and Pete have no shot either and they must be thinking the same. Warren might legitimately be delusional though.