Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
2 people have been crushed by Mardi Gras floats this year and the city just cancelled one of the biggest parades of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Remember that stuntman clown who said he was going to prove the Earth is flat with a homemade rocket in the name of Trump? He dead.
And Discovery Channel was filming it for another of their pathetic shows due to air later this year.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://twitter.com/ScreenSlate/sta...agenumber%3D679

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

wh... what? He wanted to go to orbit with loving steam?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

wh... what? He wanted to go to orbit with loving steam?

No, he wanted to prove the Earth was flat with a rocket that couldn't go higher than most hills.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Steam is the best form of propulsion according to the genius behind space force.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the establishment

https://twitter.com/stevemacwv/status/1231369410033655810?s=20

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The masks hoods are really coming off now.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Using language stating Bernie needs to muzzle a black woman is pretty loving horrendous. Thankfully the same people who throw a fit any time a Sanders supporter does anything they perceive as intolerant will step up on this one, surely.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
His profile picture is buttigieg 2020.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm just watching the ratio on that tweet

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

It makes no sense, the Soviet Union collapsed and didnt even accidentally release weaponized anthrax into the wild or what ever other disturbing Bioweapons they where working on.

You should read Biohazard. It was dictated by a Soviet defector who ran their biological weapons program, and he talks about several leaks and accidents.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

What was that tweet? deleted now

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Alaan posted:

Iirc it was the dude saying Bernie needed to put a muzzle on Nina Turner.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
^ :arghfist::arghfist::arghfist: ^

Alaan posted:

Bernie should "muzzle" his African-American spokeswoman.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Luckily discord saved a thumbnail of it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that tweet was up for like three hours and got up to 3kish replies and maybe 50 likes before it went away

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Looks like the leadership of the Las Vegas Culinary union that told their members not to vote for Bernie are going to be having a bad time when their terms come up.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ef=mobile_share

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Don Dongington posted:

Looks like the leadership of the Las Vegas Culinary union that told their members not to vote for Bernie are going to be having a bad time when their terms come up.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ef=mobile_share

:lol: good job there

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Kawasaki Nun posted:

2 people have been crushed by Mardi Gras floats this year and the city just cancelled one of the biggest parades of the season

I got to experience the week leading up to Mardi Gras and it was amazing and all. But the thing I remember the most is the Krewe of Bacchus having a 1,000 person procession ahead of it with as much wine as they could carry or cart with them pouring it all over the faces of the crowds. There were wine water guns. There was people wearing box wine like 8 foot tall tower speakers. There was people with bag wine sticking out of F cup bras. Bacchus got an actual wine in your mouth bacchanal and that set the bar for every festival I've attended since.

2 deaths seems like a fair trade.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/flying-coronavirus-class-photos-of-americans-flight-from-hell/

So like Haneda was somehow a better choice than our multiple nearby air bases?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CMD598 posted:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/flying-coronavirus-class-photos-of-americans-flight-from-hell/

"flight from hell"? Look at all that leg room!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Don't do it Dan! He's going to take your Jag!

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

:black101:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CMD598 posted:

Yeah I don't know why they didn't charter the loving flight out of Yokota. It has a decent sized air terminal, and can handle a 747 iirc, and since it's a base it would be pretty easy to isolate the passengers on the flight from anyone else.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 23, 2020

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

orange juche posted:

Yeah I don't know why they didn't charter the loving flight out of Yokota. It has a decent sized air terminal, and can handle a 747 iirc, and since it's a base it would be pretty easy to isolate the passengers on the flight from anyone else.

I would have recommended Atsugi. It's more unknown and can support KC10s. Also every time I've been recently there's a pile of C40s there with no CAG to ferry around yet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Both of those would be too short range and too small to hold enough passengers. Either way it doesn't really matter because lmao the department of state was dumb enough to bring people with a contagious disease that they are actively trying to quarantine through one of the busiest airports in the world.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Makes sense, he needs Medicare for all after he spent his money on the blood house with the shrieking robot monsters.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

orange juche posted:

Both of those would be too short range and too small to hold enough passengers. Either way it doesn't really matter because lmao the department of state was dumb enough to bring people with a contagious disease that they are actively trying to quarantine through one of the busiest airports in the world.

During the ebola outbreak of 2013/2014 they flew some patients into Dobbins air reserve base in Marietta GA on a c130.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

orange juche posted:

I'm pretty sure they bused them directly to the flight line rather than have the stroll through the terminals.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Watched some Fox and Friends at the base gym today. They went from calling Bernie a crazy, phony liar that hates America and its institutions and will turn it into Venezuela immediately into talking about how the mainstream media has been unfair to him. Do these people lack any critical thinking at all? I mean, I know the answer, but still...

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

GoGoGadget posted:

Watched some Fox and Friends at the base gym today. They went from calling Bernie a crazy, phony liar that hates America and its institutions and will turn it into Venezuela immediately into talking about how the mainstream media has been unfair to him. Do these people lack any critical thinking at all? I mean, I know the answer, but still...

They're doing this because they want to run against him in the general with the belief that Trump will easily win re-election running against Sanders compared to the other candidates, and if not, they want to disrupt and dissuade as many people from voting as possible if Sanders is their guy and doesn't get the nom.

I don't know whether or not that'll actually hold (I sure as gently caress hope it doesn't), but I wish people wouldn't become mystified (not anyone here, thinking of tankie/Glenn Greenwald twitter) why Trump and the right wing media suddenly keep talking about poor Bernie getting cheated out of the nom like they actually give a gently caress.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Personally I dont understand union resistence over healthcare for all. Either its a good program and suddenly you can negotiate for higher wages instead of having healthcare or its a lovely program and you negotiate for some sort of supplemental insurance thatll leave you where you are.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Because one of the main powers a union has been able to retain is their health plan. If you take that away from them, unions will crumble more than they already have.

Which is doubly shortsighted, because 1) stop being crabs in a bucket over health care, you fucks, and 2) do they expect a president that's doing UHC to...not help unions at all in other places?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

So unless something goes real sideways in a very statistically unlikely way crushing Bernie victory.

Probably basically RIP Warren and Klobuchar

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Alaan posted:

So unless something goes real sideways in a very statistically unlikely way crushing Bernie victory.

"Biden eclipses Buttigieg in Nevada Caucus" - Future CNN headline

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Alaan posted:

drat that Sanders win just blew all expectations out of the water, huh?

Warren I think will be in until Super Tuesday - her campaign was on its last legs, but her debate performance gave her enough of a cash infusion that she'll be about to survive for another month, though she'll probably drop if she doesn't win any ST states. Klob I think will do the same, with the caveat that she probably doesn't have the cash to go another month, and if she doesn't find a way to get any kind of boost, she's done.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Warren has basically put everything into ST as a make or break, which I don't think is going to pay off as her campaign expected, but it might?

In any case, she's laid down the foundation for a really good ground game for down ballot races. My hope is that she pivots her campaign towards utilizing the gently caress out of that while supporting Sanders even if she doesn't get the nom. I think she will.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

There's also like three high level positions I'd be happy with her getting in a dem admin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Same, but my only concern is that her senate seat going vacant would allow Baker (R) to appoint someone till a special election.

And I have no idea who the Dems could run without pulling another Martha Coakley? Maybe Kennedy since he's so determined to take Markey's seat. Though Presley would be my first choice.