Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

prc was completely 100% in every way shape and form ahead of usa and the entire rest of the world on no fault divorce because mao zedongs divorce sucked absolute balls for him

I would be interested in hearing more about this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Grand Fromage posted:

There are scattered reports about the outbreak being real bad in the north but as usual, nobody really knows.

Also they haven't been in famine since the 90s, that is almost as out of date as saying Ethiopians don't have food.

I wouldn't think there'd be much physical interaction across the Yalu, what with the machine guns and all. Did it come through the train line?

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Squalid posted:

sorry, but i'm afraid i rate countries based on pork dumplings, and by my rigorous and scientific set of objective criteria I rate China solidly at number two (Russia/Uzbekistan split first for Manti)

Aha! Since Manti are Turkic, and Turks once held both China and Mesopotamia, I shall therefore declare the Turkic nations as #1.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

D-Pad posted:

I would be interested in hearing more about this!

yeah, if you're absolute dictator like mao before the cultural revolution, you can have random rear end quirks just enshrined in the culture, like the one time mao just handed mangoes to everyone and they became basically a symbol of the new china to come

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Marriage_Law

I thought mao got divorced, but it was actually specifically his first wife died of dysentery at like 21. but it was arranged and he loving hated her guts

marriage with foreigners legalized 1983 tho lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
here's the one dealio w the mangoes

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/does-anyone-like-fruitbaskets

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Squalid posted:

I know you were going for some kind of sarcastic gotcha with this but this poo poo is weak. You're just coming off as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

The Chinese were expert river engineers and in terms of the scale of their projects and technical sophistication of river management they far exceeded anything that existed in Mesopotamia and Europe until the modern era. I'd be tempted to say the world here but I don't really know much anything about the history of the Ganges so I'll have to leave that history an open question.

As far as earthquakes go I certainly don't think China stands out as particularly unsafe, although to my knowledge Japan does stand out as having an architectural tradition that is remarkably robust against quakes compared to both China and Europe.

When it comes to water the scale of flood disasters in chinese history is primarily a function of geography, geology, climate, and population density. The Yellow River flood plain is vast and broad putting huge areas at risk, the monsoonal climate makes large scale torrential downpours common, and the highly erosive silty soils in NW China mean the Yellow River has just about the highest bed loads relative to flow of any major river in the world. Add in quakes powerful enough to block entire canyons with landslides, and it should be clear why northern China has such a long and tragic history of disastrous floods.

Given all this its actually remarkable that it is able to support such a dense population at all, when one bad year could destroy all crops in the whole yellow river floodplain. However, in response to this threat, the Chinese state has developed and maintained for millennia one of the largest and most comprehensive systems of river control structures. There is a large body of writing on the subject from Chinese officials and engineers going back almost 2000 years. By comparison, as far as I am aware at the height of it's empire Rome had absolutely no levees or protection from floods of any sort. As a result, several neighborhoods of the city were cyclically and predictably flooded, without any kind of attempt to mitigate the risk until the 19th century.

Here is a detailed quote on the traditional chinese approach to river management, which in its broad strokes is the same as modern river management.

edit: here's a picture of an ancient chinese levee. Why is it underground now, you might ask? Well simple, it was buried under floods. Dealing with these problems is a serious challenge even in the modern era.

You handwaved away Roman/Greek/etc. engineering techniques as having no benefit - specifically so for a culture in an earthquake zone (perhaps unaware that Italy, Greece, and much of that entire region is crisscrossed by major active fault lines, dotted by active volcanoes, and prone to awful earthquakes?), then launched straight into arguing that China suffered millions dead in an earthquake using examples of shitloads of people buried under structures. This along with your examples showing the later adoption of similar engineering techniques by Chinese architects to create lasting structures makes your argument look pretty ridiculous.

The still-standing Anji bridge you linked, for example, is some 600-700 years newer than (longer, larger) still-standing Roman arch bridges like the one in Alcantara. And it, like similar Roman bridges and buildings like the Collosseum, didn't fall over when big quakes hit. I think the Chinese found the arch to be a pretty useful thing and, as your example shows, later employed it in some impressive works.

As for river engineering - Babylon had tremendous engineering works in place to control flooding (it was on a flood plain with a penchant for huge floods) and the Persians later tactically re-directed the entire Tigris just to gently caress them over. Pretty much everyone who was anyone was engineering rivers. All of this happened long before Dujiangyan's works, which involved the same ancient principles on a larger scale for a larger river. This isn't to say nobody in what is now China knew what they were doing or didn't do some very impressive things w/r/t rivers - but they certainly weren't the first ones to employ those techniques and they weren't the only ones doing it well.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 23, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
No one alive today has any meaningful connection to any of this ancient poo poo.

Some people might like to pretend that the chinese are the 'master race' because of the accomplishments of people who lived in china many centuries ago, but there is no such thing as a master race, and modern chinese culture's fixation on it is just another way they are socially behind other countries where people have mostly moved beyond that kind of pathological thinking.

Today, communist china is a brutal dysfunctional shithole, in the grips of a terrible crisis caused by the living actual people running it today.

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

Blistex posted:

Just loving WOW!

Oh man that's terrible. That poor guy :( You sound like a good friend to have, his mind is probably all over the place and it's nice of you to help him stay a bit focused on doing what needs to be done.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Warbadger posted:

You handwaved away Roman/Greek/etc. engineering techniques as having no benefit - specifically so for a culture in an earthquake zone (perhaps unaware that Italy, Greece, and much of that entire region is crisscrossed by major active fault lines, dotted by active volcanoes, and prone to awful earthquakes?), then launched straight into arguing that China suffered millions dead in an earthquake using examples of shitloads of people buried under structures. This along with your examples showing the later adoption of similar engineering techniques by Chinese architects to create lasting structures makes your argument look pretty ridiculous.

The still-standing Anji bridge you linked, for example, is some 600-700 years newer than (longer, larger) still-standing Roman arch bridges like the one in Alcantara. And it, like similar Roman bridges and buildings like the Collosseum, didn't fall over when big quakes hit. I think the Chinese found the arch to be a pretty useful thing and, as your example shows, later employed it in some impressive works.

As for river engineering - Babylon had tremendous engineering works in place to control flooding (it was on a flood plain with a penchant for huge floods) and the Persians later tactically re-directed the entire Tigris just to gently caress them over. Pretty much everyone who was anyone was engineering rivers. All of this happened long before Dujiangyan's works, which involved the same ancient principles on a larger scale for a larger river. This isn't to say nobody in what is now China knew what they were doing or didn't do some very impressive things w/r/t rivers - but they certainly weren't the first ones to employ those techniques and they weren't the only ones doing it well.

i didn't handwave away Mediterranean engineering -- in fact i specifically pointed it out as an area where they seem to have developed technology like the arch ahead of the chinese.

I'm not sure which specific argument you think is ridiculous-- i've actually made several. I suspect you aren't taking issue with my assertion that many of the large numbers given in Chinese annals are not reliable? Nor do i think you are trying to disagree with me when i pointed out that Historians no longer accept estimates of death tolls as high as 20 million for the An Lushan rebellion.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that I'm some kind of supporter the the CCP line of '5000 years of history, China number one.' I'm not. I pretty much just like talking about the history of hydrology and looking at pictures of old bridges, and I took the opportunity to repost some things i had already written on the subject. I understand why someone who is ethnic chinese or living in China would be fed up with nationalist propaganda about how great China was at everything. That doesn't justify going crazy in the opposite direction and saying stuff like China never innovated ever and just sat in stasis for 5000 years. That's just as absurd. If you want to do some myth busting though do it, and then we can also talk about the real history that Chinese can actually be proud of.

I'm not going to address your specific points since you've mostly just repeated things I already said or completely and bafflingly misinterpreted me so there's not much to say, but if you're actually interested in ancient water management in Mesopotamia I recently read a really good paper on the subject of the evolution of managed irrigation systems from natural channel splays. Not really thread appropriate but I'll see if I can dig it up and post some of the illustrations. Unfortunately we don't have the same historical record from the region as we do in China, but clearly their system was nothing to sneeze at. As was already pointed out however it's really not on the same scale so I'm not sure your comparison actually works, but it's still interesting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

5000 freaking years of history? Holy crap! :eyepop:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

bones 4 beginners posted:

Oh man that's terrible. That poor guy :( You sound like a good friend to have, his mind is probably all over the place and it's nice of you to help him stay a bit focused on doing what needs to be done.

Irony being that I have not seen him for 4 years, and we barely talk online. The reason he reached out to me is that I'm the only other guy he knows with a mainland Chinese wife with some idea of the culture and behaviours. He admits that he's not thinking straight, and what I'm saying he knows, but just needs someone else to say it to him unprompted.

I told him that he could place a missing person't report, and they might pull the CCTV from the airport to see if she did board the plane or not, and to see if she was travelling alone, etc.

First Scenario: I told him that it was not likely "another man" situation, but rather (as he should be aware) the incredibly powerful and stupid cultural pressure to always obey your parents, no matter how stupid or self-destructive their advice/request is. I asked him if he really saw any proof that they are as well off as they said. They have an apartment and a black Audi, but that only proves that they had the money as some point to afford them. He always assumed that they were well off since the mom had LV baggage and they flew over to Toronto fairly often, but he also admitted that he couldn't tell a fake handbag from a real one anyway. I said that one very likely option is that her parents need the money, and they have been pressuring her as soon as they found out about the inheritance, and decided to "cash out" rather than allow their daughter to live with someone she loves. I straight up told him if this is the case, he might or might not see or hear from her ever again, and that it's going to be a massive mind-gently caress that's going to hurt and haunt him for a very long time.

Second Scenario: The only other thing that went through my mind is that she's like almost every other mainland Chinese girl who moves with a guy to the west. She's disappointed in the "glamour/affluence level" since the only western media she's seen before coming to Canada is Sex in the City (she's in her mid 30s remember) and had a warped idea of what her life would be like in Canada. While in Canada the majority of the media she probably ingests are shows filled with insanely rich young (bleached) Chinese people, or online posts of rich do-nothing fail-kids posting their money, toys, and vacations (he confirmed that a lot of the media she ingests follows that criteria). I said that she might have wanted the opportunity to live it up on her own, and try something crazy like from one of her shows, but this was much lower on the likelihood scale.

Throughout all of this I stressed that she had obviously planned this out and did it in a way that would result in her getting away with the most money possible in a short period of time (so as to not get caught). She lied and stole from him, and no matter the reasons, that's a betrayal that he should really think about should she ever return. Honestly, I'm 99% sure he's never going to see or hear from her ever again, and even though she could fight for half of the house and car I don't see that happening as she's already made it out free and clear.

If anyone has any other theories that they think might be plausible with the limited amount of information I've shared, feel free to add your two cents. I'd appreciate a different perspective on this.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'd say you're bang on the money with either of those. I can't really rule out another man from my end, but then again I'm hopeless with relationships as it is.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I have nothing to add to the relationship discussion but it sounds incredibly awful. I don't tend to date very much due to already existing mental health and trust issues, but that scenario is pretty much something out of my nightmares.

On a lighter note, that Mango story is absolutely amazing. Obviously there are somewhat similar things throughout the world, like Corgis (They Rule), but the fact that hardly anyone ate the original mangos blows my mind.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Some more cases in my city of Corona-9: Return of the Jedi, but Worse. We're up to 4 now. I was getting EXTREME EMERGENCY ALERTS every couple minutes last night as the new person recounted everywhere they had been over the past week. They probably got it from nearby Daegu's cult.

People were ordering from home all last night apparently. Just a stream of delivery people going in and out of buildings. Great for their paychecks for sure.

Pretty sure I still have to go in to "work" tomorrow. Oh well. Someone needs to keep that desk warm!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Squalid posted:

sorry, but i'm afraid i rate countries based on pork dumplings, and by my rigorous and scientific set of objective criteria I rate China solidly at number two (Russia/Uzbekistan split first for Manti)

Georgian khinkali are superior to either so China moves to #3.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Re: scary wife vanishing, would suggest option 1 is more likely, option 2 less-so, given that they recently came into more money and had a better/easier lifestyle.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I doesn't matter if there is another man, the damage is already done. There is no coming back from this. He should probably talk to a lawyer to see what can be done and get a divorce.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Mao's son getting napalmed by the good old usa because he was hungry is my favorite mao story

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Despera posted:

Mao's son getting napalmed by the good old usa because he was hungry is my favorite mao story

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
all this running with the money talk reminds me of about 10 years ago, where a chinese guy working the petrol station gets overpaid by like a mil

took off with his wife whos local over to china to never be heard from again until like a good few years later. think it went along the lines of wife couldn't handle it and came back first with the daughter then few years after the guy came back due to running out of money

the petrol station straight up closed and got bulldozed when it happened

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Despera posted:

Mao mifan, Mao mafan.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Booty Pageant posted:

all this running with the money talk reminds me of about 10 years ago, where a chinese guy working the petrol station gets overpaid by like a mil

took off with his wife whos local over to china to never be heard from again until like a good few years later. think it went along the lines of wife couldn't handle it and came back first with the daughter then few years after the guy came back due to running out of money

the petrol station straight up closed and got bulldozed when it happened

to be fair if a petrol station mistakenly gave me a million dollars i'd likely flee the country too. and i don't have any homeland to return to

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Blistex posted:

Just loving WOW!
:murder:
Your friend already lost 50% or more of that inheritance, so what's another 1%? Just make sure he's kitted out to do it himself instead of that outsourced job from the last thread.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Shumagorath posted:

Your friend already lost 50% or more of that inheritance, so what's another 1%? Just make sure he's kitted out to do it himself instead of that outsourced job from the last thread.

Not being a dick, but could you re-type that in a clearer/more obvious way, because you sound like you might have some important advice to pass on.

Edit: I have told him to start the process of protecting their/his remaining assets, which is difficult in Canada since he's probably going to have to wait 1 year from Thursday before they are officially divorced. I'm not sure about the law on who owns the inheritance, and if putting half of it in her name changes its status, but the possibility that she might have to give any of that back upon her return to Canada would lead me to believe she's never coming back. . . assuming she's even considered that. Truth be told, she might have been planning this for a week, a month, or the exact moment they got word about the 2million. It's impossible to know how much research she's done, how much prep-work was done, or if there is even any money (on her side) left in Canada since he has no way of seeing into her accounts.

What royally sucks for him is that I'm 99% sure he will never hear from her again, and he will go the rest of his life wondering what went wrong, where she is, and second-guessing every action he made during their marriage.

Blistex fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 23, 2020

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Has he actually contacted the authorities to report this as a crime yet? If she makes a dumb move and flies back to Canada at some point in the future for whatever reason, they can grab her as she goes through customs. Also, this dude needs to talk to a lawyer ASAP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If the money is already gone to China good luck getting anything back.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Devils Affricate posted:

Has he actually contacted the authorities to report this as a crime yet? If she makes a dumb move and flies back to Canada at some point in the future for whatever reason, they can grab her as she goes through customs. Also, this dude needs to talk to a lawyer ASAP.

Technically I don't know if any crime has been committed. She left the country without letting him know, and transferred a bunch of money from a shared account. Needless to say I told him to get a lawyer asap.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Blistex posted:

Technically I don't know if any crime has been committed. She left the country without letting him know, and transferred a bunch of money from a shared account. Needless to say I told him to get a lawyer asap.

Yes, it's up to law enforcement and the courts to determine whether or not a crime has actually been committed. From your friend's perspective, it appears that he's witnessed either grand theft or kidnapping. He should report that.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

5000 years of crime....

The unnamed mafia can only salivate

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Devils Affricate posted:

Yes, it's up to law enforcement and the courts to determine whether or not a crime has actually been committed. From your friend's perspective, it appears that he's witnessed either grand theft or kidnapping. He should report that.

He tried a missing person's report, but the obvious signs of packing was strike one, the Uber was strike two, the money strike three, and if they bother to pull up the airport CCTV I'm guessing that will be another "bonus strike". He has not looked into the theft, but that has to go through a lawyer as the cops said, "from your shared account? no theft there if it was actually her doing the withdrawls". Then again cops are not lawyers, and hopefully he can get one soon, and maybe if there is something left in her Canadian accounts those can be frozen.

My prediction is that he will never see her again, never see the money again, never hear from her again, and if he digs deep in Chinese social media will find proof that she's back home like nothing happened, or like she won the lottery. I talked to him again this afternoon, and reiterated that he needs to call a lawyer first thing tomorrow, as every second he waits is the possibility that he loses additional thousands. I also made it pretty clear that I believe she is never coming back, and she will never make any attempt to contact him, so he needs to stop wondering what he did wrong, as it's (99.99%) the parents meddling.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Blistex posted:

He tried a missing person's report, but the obvious signs of packing was strike one, the Uber was strike two, the money strike three, and if they bother to pull up the airport CCTV I'm guessing that will be another "bonus strike". He has not looked into the theft, but that has to go through a lawyer as the cops said, "from your shared account? no theft there if it was actually her doing the withdrawls". Then again cops are not lawyers, and hopefully he can get one soon, and maybe if there is something left in her Canadian accounts those can be frozen.

My prediction is that he will never see her again, never see the money again, never hear from her again, and if he digs deep in Chinese social media will find proof that she's back home like nothing happened, or like she won the lottery. I talked to him again this afternoon, and reiterated that he needs to call a lawyer first thing tomorrow, as every second he waits is the possibility that he loses additional thousands. I also made it pretty clear that I believe she is never coming back, and she will never make any attempt to contact him, so he needs to stop wondering what he did wrong, as it's (99.99%) the parents meddling.

Joint account means he's boned. I know a few people who had their wives run off and empty joint accounts and they couldn't get anything back.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It takes a very specific kind of person to take all of that definitive action while grieving, and it sounds like he's not it. You're a good person for helping him with this.

Blistex posted:

and if he digs deep in Chinese social media will find proof

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Shumagorath posted:

It takes a very specific kind of person to take all of that definitive action while grieving, and it sounds like he's not it. You're a good person for helping him with this.

Reading a few SA EN threads prepared me for this. Usually the first reply is, "Lawyer Up" and then comes the, "change passwords, cancel everything you can" and sometimes "change the locks". I think I might tell him to do the latter as well, even though I doubt she will be back, it might be something that helps him to accept that things are over. I'm not going to say this next part for a while, probably never, but if she does try and contact him or come back, he needs to make sure that every cent he currently has, has to be protected in some way. I didn't bother asking how much is left, but that needs to be in some sort of account, or with some sort of extra security on it so that he has to go into a branch in person and sign for it, and only him. I don't think he's that kind of pushover, but who knows what might happen in the future. I'm just glad that there are no kids involved, as that would be the ultimate nightmare.

When I'm back in Ontario this summer my wife and I are planning on going to Niagara Falls, and on the way back we might drop by and if need be, clean out all of her possessions. Last thing he needs is a house full of reminders that this happened, and when he's ready to move on it will make dating a lot easier if he doesn't have to explain why there are a bunch of photos of his ex all over the place. Like I said before, we're not super close friends, and barely keep in contact, but I was the best potential candidate to get him through this.

My Spirit Otter posted:

Joint account means he's boned. I know a few people who had their wives run off and empty joint accounts and they couldn't get anything back.

Same. I have a feeling that it's going to be the full year of absence requirement that gets him a divorce since she's not around, and will most likely not be communicating with him again.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
I am just going to interject here because it is topical, but China only legalized marriage with foreigners back in 1983.

Also, I love and trust my wife but having a joint account? That is just asking for trouble, especially in China. :laffo:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What is the Chinese law regarding this?

Can she now get married to a Chinese guy like her parents obviously wanted for her, (they wouldnt have been pushing for her to run out on a 6 year happy marriage to a newly rich man if they were fine with him)? Does she need to get her Canadian marriage annulled/divorced in Chinese court? Does he have any rights in China as her husband?

And whilst she did a terrible thing, I feel for her slightly. Coz the kind of parents that would bully their daughter to run on a 6 year happy marriage to give them money, are also the kind of parents to burn through that money very quickly and then blame their daughter for not getting more. What is she going to do when she tires of having her parents yell at her once the money is all gone? Find another foreigner who "might" inherit money in a few years and play another long waiting game?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
A Chengdu band I like was scheduled to play SXSW and cancelled due to coronavirus.

Thanks coronavirus.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Who is more pathetic in this situation, Australia or China?

quote:

Caulfield Grammar will keep the name of its golden graduate Mack Horton off its newly-opened, $25 million aquatic centre to preserve the school’s commercial interests in China.

A plan to name the state-of-the-art centre after Horton, the school’s first Olympic champion, was quietly ditched late last year in response to the public fall-out from Horton’s refusal to share a medals dais at the FINA World Championships with Sun Yang, one of China’s most-celebrated athletes.

Sources familiar with the matter say that prior to Horton’s decision to snub Sun Yang on the podium, the school intended to name the pool in his honour…

The bad blood between Horton and Sun Yang traces back four years to Rio, where the Australian called his rival a drug cheat ahead of their Olympic showdown in the 400m freestyle…

He was also subjected to a virulent reaction from supporters of Sun Yang, who targeted Horton, his family, his girlfriend and any businesses, sponsors or institutions associated with him with abuse. His family home was vandalised…

Caulfield Grammar was the first Australian school to open a campus in mainland China…

At the school’s secondary campus in Wheelers Hill, a suburb in Melbourne’s east where one in six residents were Chinese at the time of the most recent census, Chinese children make up a large percentage of the student body.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A beautiful world with beautiful places to visit

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 28, 2021

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Spare a thought for all of those people on holiday in Europe who aren't being subjected to obnoxious Chinese tourist groups at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

A Chengdu band I like was scheduled to play SXSW and cancelled due to coronavirus.

Thanks coronavirus.

i got paid in cash for a bunch of jobs and was gonna blow it on whores n rear end now i'm spending it on groceries n gas

thanks coronavirus