Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you recondition your thinking to feeling like you are already dead...

Way ahead of you bro. Like since my early teens :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

My sore throat is almost completely gone so I guess it wasn't coronavirus. I'm going to attribute my quick recovery to my ridiculous looking star wars merch I bought at Disneyland (shoulder porg + imp officer hat)

I think that you going to Disneyland while sick rn was loving awful
Is there some irony I'm missing here?
Or did you really do that?
Ah, I see now was last day

Ok you were kinda shitposting there

Nm

Spinz fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 23, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Also super spreaders are rear end eaters
Calling it rn, page 138 gbs

Page 246 cspam

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

we have a photo from the dipshit in chief confirming resolution at most 10cm, probably at least 10x better as its a photo of a printout

nasa is our second best space telescopy corps. KH11 mirror is indeed a bit bigger than hubble and KH13 is prolly fair bit bigger

pollution is a problem, yeah, but they cant count on having it as cover when nobodys at work

Aircraft are not satellites, hth

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

That's not quite what it says.

There's nothing about being able to pay the credit card immediately; in fact it says the opposite, that they don't have enough in savings to pay it off right away. Meaning "I can't afford this, but I can incur some debt"

"cut back on expenses" doesn't imply that the person has a budget, more like "I can't afford this but I can always stop making principle payments for awhile"

10 of your 90 were "I can't afford this in any sense, a friend or loved one would need to give me money"

Reminder that the context is an Asian cruise for Americans. Even if the cruise is $1500, the flight and other incidentals are probably going to make the trip at least $2500 per person - so $5000 for a couple or upwards of $10,000 for a family. On top of getting 10+ days free coordinated for everyone, it shouldn't be a multi-page back and forth on whether that's a luxury outside the reach of the large majority of US families.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

for $2500 USD you could have a hell of a trip in guatemala

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Reminder that the context is an Asian cruise for Americans. Even if the cruise is $1500, the flight and other incidentals are probably going to make the trip at least $2500 per person - so $5000 for a couple or upwards of $10,000 for a family. On top of getting 10+ days free coordinated for everyone, it shouldn't be a multi-page back and forth on whether that's a luxury outside the reach of the large majority of US families.

A Caribbean cruise for a family of four costs more than 10

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seems like Chinese restaurants in New York are taking a pretty big hit due to coronavirus fears. Places that usually have long wait times for dim sum on the weekends in Flushing now have empty tables during the busiest hours.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Burt Sexual posted:

It can. It also can not, pretty easily.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'm guessing if you book in the near future, it will be substantially cheaper.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Clearly this cruise cost discussion will be the spark that finally ignites the GBS class war, where the half of the forum that never managed to do anything with their lives and thinks that everyone here is a fellow sufferer under capitalism come to realize that the other half are now top 10%ers who can do stuff like splurge on luxuries like six-figure vacations for their families and donating to Lowtax's Patreon.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

On the plus side, if you are currently quarantined on the plagueship, you get credit that could be used for future plagueship excursions. :v:

quote:

Each guest will receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit equal to the cruise fare paid for this voyage. The credit may be applied to any future Princess cruise booked by February 28, 2021, or any existing booking not yet paid in full and is non-refundable and non-transferable. It is our sincere hope that the refund and credit will help ease at least some of the stress that guests have experienced.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a certain proportion of retired leisure fanatics will accept cruise plague as a necessary risk, like a 21st century scurvy

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

Speaking of holiday destinations; Italy has imposed quarantine on a bunch of towns after two people died of Coronavirus.. This has meant lockdown for 50,000 people but also the cancellation of a number of Serie A football matches so you can see how serious it is.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i dont think we know how serious it is yet, arbitrary lock downs dont mean anything except perceived seriousness

given the information it seems like china's lockdowns did jack poo poo and their response has been pretty weird, i dont know how to exactly say it but its odd and seems more like a show than anything

it sucks but i hope we get a proper sense of the thing from italy and south korea

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

i dont think we know how serious it is yet, arbitrary lock downs dont mean anything except perceived seriousness
Well yeah that was a bit tongue-in-cheek; ‘Italy is cancelling football matches so it must be the apocalypse’.
The Italians appear to think that they may be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, so it’ll be interesting to see how the situation develops from here.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

LanceHunter posted:

Clearly this cruise cost discussion will be the spark that finally ignites the GBS class war, where the half of the forum that never managed to do anything with their lives and thinks that everyone here is a fellow sufferer under capitalism come to realize that the other half are now top 10%ers who can do stuff like splurge on luxuries like six-figure vacations for their families and donating to Lowtax's Patreon.

you should read the yearly yospos salary share

the figgies dont actually stop the communism tho

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

halokiller posted:

On the plus side, if you are currently quarantined on the plagueship, you get credit that could be used for future plagueship excursions. :v:

I think that they will turn into the flying Dutchman of the 21st century, doomed to forever cruise on the plagueship.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Part of the coof, part of the crew.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
So Taiwan is now restricting all its medical personnel from leaving the country without special permission.

https://today.line.me/TW/article/67ZWEn

To make sure that all people possible are available in the case of a serious outbreak.

Taiwan is being a bit totalitarian in some of its actions but it’s honesty probably doing the best job in the world of containing and treating the virus.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

stephenthinkpad posted:

If it happens like Wuhan, only early patients from the first 2-4 weeks could get a ICU bed, from 1 month on to region emergency was declared, it was almost impossible to get admitted in the hospital. So you strategy is, 1) don't loving get infected, stay long enough until emergency is declared; wear your mask and take your vacation if you have to 2) if you are infected, grab a car and drive to a city with better medical facility; 3) your long term goal is avoid infection as late as possible because in general the later mutations of the virus are weaker.

On the other hand, if you think the quarentiens will fail and everyone is going to get it, then you should go lick a covid19 guy as soon as possible so you can snag one of those ICU beds before they run out. Makes you think.

Spinz posted:

Page 246 cspam

Wouldn't they be more likely to be the folk who get they rear end eaten? Or, you know, people who just don't wash their hands after they poop.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

Or Bogota, Colombia

Or if you're into beaches, Cartagena is pretty baller beach city

Typically about $560 round trip from the US for the plane ticket, and then it's pretty hard to spend $100/day in Colombia unless you're eating at the city's very best restaurants

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm listening to Rainbow's Tarot Woman as sung by Ronnie James Dio. I am immune to this pitiable disease as a result.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Hadlock posted:

Or Bogota, Colombia

Or if you're into beaches, Cartagena is pretty baller beach city

Typically about $560 round trip from the US for the plane ticket, and then it's pretty hard to spend $100/day in Colombia unless you're eating at the city's very best restaurants
I've been to Thailand twice for a month each time and regretted nothing. My brother went to Guatemala and I'm kinda digging a change for my next trip. I love the month off. It's amazing.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Spinz posted:

Page 246 cspam

You got it all wrong. Super spreaders are the ones who like to get their rear end ate.

Burt Sexual posted:

Not hard at all to find a cruise for 2 adults 2 kids for under 4k USD on a nice new ship thanks to me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Going to Tokyo on Friday.

It's been nice posting with you all.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Picnic Princess posted:

Going to Tokyo on Friday.

It's been nice posting with you all.

Are you flying to? Good luck getting back.

Anyway make sure you update the thread.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1231549088228790274

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

stephenthinkpad posted:

Are you flying to? Good luck getting back.

Anyway make sure you update the thread.

Home sucks anyway. My coworkers were saying to me 3 months ago that they hope something would happen and I'd be stuck in Japan rather than having to return to my lovely job amd my lovely boss. Wasn't expecting this though.

I will post about my experience for sure.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Aw, too bad she's bonkers. She's a big voice in the Maker community.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
She's mocking western media and quite deservedly so. :)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

For $150 you could get a vial of LSD and maybe have the best trip of your life.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

what

edit: oh she's making fun of western media. ok i'm changing my 'what' to 'lol'

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Y'all not getting the sarcasm there is further proof that twitter rots your loving brains into thinking everything is said in earnest and must be knee jerk reacted to

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

Y'all not getting the sarcasm there is further proof that twitter rots your loving brains into thinking everything is said in earnest and must be knee jerk reacted to

Its kinda shocking and I've always wondered if there was any kind of diagnostic test or useful info about a person's brain health or psychological state a doctor could get from having patients read statements like that tweet. Controlling for language and culture, not being able to instantly recognize sarcasm indicates a problem with certain mental functions.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Italians eating bat pizza and China-imported macaroni from Wuhan :(

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

PathAsc posted:

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Its kinda shocking and I've always wondered if there was any kind of diagnostic test or useful info about a person's brain health or psychological state a doctor could get from having patients read statements like that tweet. Controlling for language and culture, not being able to instantly recognize sarcasm indicates a problem with certain mental functions.

Y'all are acting like Poe's law isn't a thing and should know better

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Willo567 posted:

So if/when this becomes a pandemic, what happens next?

I'm being serious here. I was too young to remember SARs.

It’s going to play out like death stranding. We’re all going to the beach.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Willo567 posted:

So if/when this becomes a pandemic, what happens next?

I'm being serious here. I was too young to remember SARs.

barring us getting a vaccine miraculously early there's nothing we can do. it'll burn through the global population in a year or two, a lot of old people will die, and we'll go back to normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Giddy up for a recession and that stock market correction y’all.