Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AeriX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Upon further reflection, isn't it kind of weird that you can name other people

I assume everyone's names are set in stone in FF7R considering the voice acting

or maybe all the dialogue is like "Hey, guy from SOLDIER"

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Or maybe like this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's not how you spell Aerosmith

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Her name is meant to sound like earth so call her what she sounds like

Dirt

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm "Better not level me as your healer, cause you sure as gently caress can't use me for endgame", the flower girl.
Nice to meet you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

WaltherFeng posted:

I need your help thread:

Aerial Bombardment

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
let your friends name all the characters gently caress then delete his halfway-through save some time lady because your mom almost sees and you are worried you'll get in trouble

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
If you don't name your jrpg party after cuties you have crushes on your are coward

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

I keep seeing kids complaining in roblox about getting scammed by trust trades.

A trust trade is literally someone you don't loving know comes up to you and say "hey do you wanna do a trust trade" and what it's supposed to be is you give them something really rare and valuable for nothing and then after the trade they'll trade you back something as valuable or twice as valuable and give you the item you gave them initially. Instead what happens is you give your poo poo to someone and they loving leave and then there are lots of complaints in chat about people getting scammed.

It's dumb!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SeXReX posted:

If you don't name your jrpg party after cuties you have crushes on your are coward

yes but the last time i named everyone sephiroth it didn't work out so well

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I played Pokemon Silver when it came out, I fought the unnamed rival "???" and when I was asked what his name was, I told him it was "???" not realizing they were asking me to give him a name.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Aeriphth

SeXReX posted:

the names i used in Earthbound were Karu, Hela, Louie, and Bob. in Chrono Trigger i remember Karu, Hela, Washu, Mumbo, and Frogg

also i tried playing pillars of eternity again but my brain threw a tantrum and was like "no! this isn't what i wanted! i hate this!" so i don't want to play that anymore

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

What jrpg has the best party? I like the xenoblade chronicles crew the most, i think. They all rule and never stop feeling like they have a good reason to be traveling together. Any dialogue they get never feels forced, like how in some games there will be cutscenes where everyone in your party gets a line, and its just like one by one quips that are just written because they had to be. In xenoblade i never felt that, any lines they get feel natural to the conversation. Theyre just a really great crew

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Beaten Kaitos on the strength of the great mizuti alone

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sharrrk posted:

What jrpg has the best party? I like the xenoblade chronicles crew the most, i think. They all rule and never stop feeling like they have a good reason to be traveling together. Any dialogue they get never feels forced, like how in some games there will be cutscenes where everyone in your party gets a line, and its just like one by one quips that are just written because they had to be. In xenoblade i never felt that, any lines they get feel natural to the conversation. Theyre just a really great crew
the last story's crew is pretty good

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

SeXReX posted:

The problem is the only one that looked like my crush was Umaro.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Nothing shameful about Sasquatch lust my friend

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

this show rules. the episode that features placenta is all-time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hmm you know what? Next time I meet someone new, I’ll let them name me.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

This is gonna sound annoying but whatever you do, don't run away from battles. You'll hate it because the encounter rate will feel real fuckin bad at times, especially in places where the environmental design makes it look like you're moving slower than you actually are, but you've still gotta finish every random encounter you get into. If you run away too many times, it'll tank your pirate ranking to Coward and it's hell to actually get it back to normal. In the late game, there's a part where your pirate ranking gets changed automatically to something else but your real pirate ranking still exists, it is just hidden from you, and since Coward kinda overrides most other ranks, you're stuck with a bad ranking that is a grind to get rid of and you can't even pull up the menu to check what your real ranking is because of the fake ranking masking it, and what's worse is that to get rid of the fake ranking, you need to do some optional content that is gated behind your ACTUAL ranking being above a certain amount. It is very annoying.

2 other important things: special attacks always hit loopers and there will be a point where you can go dock at Maramba and there is nothing stopping you from doing just that, but whatever you do, make sure to go back to Sailor Isle and pick up subcannons to equip to your ship. This is incredibly important or else you will have a much harder time later when you are forced into a boss fight that will be much harder to complete without subcannons and that brief period of time before docking at Maramba will be the only time you get to pick up and equip subcannons.

Thanks for the advice! Quoting so I can find it later!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Nothing shameful about Sasquatch lust my friend

Sorry, the problem was he was the only sasquatch.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

A flat earther just died trying to launch themselves into space like wile e coyote. I'm usually overly empathetic, but I'm so steeped in podcasts dealing with his ilk, all I can do is shrug.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

A flat earther just died trying to launch themselves into space like wile e coyote. I'm usually overly empathetic, but I'm so steeped in podcasts dealing with his ilk, all I can do is shrug.

Please link me to the news article so I can have a quiet chuckle at this Darwin Award winner.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

A trust trade is literally someone you don't loving know comes up to you and say "hey do you wanna do a trust trade" and what it's supposed to be is you give them something really rare and valuable for nothing and then after the trade they'll trade you back something as valuable or twice as valuable and give you the item you gave them initially. Instead what happens is you give your poo poo to someone and they loving leave and then there are lots of complaints in chat about people getting scammed.

It's dumb!!

If you get the original item back, how is it a trade? I'd also say something about jobs at startup companies if my labor were really rare and valuable, but it's very much not which entirely ruins the comparison.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Infinitum posted:

Please link me to the news article so I can have a quiet chuckle at this Darwin Award winner.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/22/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dead-dies-rocket-crash

Video maybe :nms:

https://youtu.be/k5xZFHUfYnE

If it makes you feel any better, it did for me, he was a bigot running for congress on a platform for getting women out of the workplace and reinstituting traditional roles.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 23, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

It's dumb!!

At least the kids are getting valuable life lessons in a low stakes environment

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Convex posted:

Thanks for the advice! Quoting so I can find it later!

One thing I forgot to mention is that you will get a way to avoid random encounters entirely later on in the game.

sharrrk posted:

I know I've been on about the shadow hearts series a lot lately and I don't know if I'd say this is the best party ever but the main trio from Koudelka is at the least one of my favorite jrpg parties of all time because their voice acting is really good and all 3 of them don't particularly like each other and you can just absolutely feel the loathing each of them has for one another and how their relationships progress as they journey deeper into and discover the horrors of this terrible Welsh monastery they've all been brought to.

Just watch these, it is so great. The third vid you only need to watch from the time I linked til the 25 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dpDHC5LBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyvy2pu870U&t=168s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOh69pYE5I&t=1304s

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

In the terrible MMO I played as a kid (Tibia) I got scammed when a guy invited me into his house and asked me to show him my rarest piece of equipment. I thought it would be ok because we were standing in different rooms but as soon as I put it on the ground he cast the spell to ban me from his house, leaving my weapon behind

i was never able to trust another human being

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bushisms.txt posted:

iirc he himself wasn't a flat earther, he was just grifting because they're an audience that paid out to fund his steam-powered rocket hobby

think of it as the small time equivalent of being sponsored by phillip-morris

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Dischorr_N posted:

If you get the original item back, how is it a trade?

I don't loving know. I think it's a challenge that maybe started on tiktok or something I don't know and it's just a challenge people do to try to scam others like another about people scamming others into giving them their pets and promising to duplicate them.

Dischorr_N posted:

I'd also say something about jobs at startup companies if my labor were really rare and valuable, but it's very much not which entirely ruins the comparison.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here sorry

Andrast posted:

They can get a lot of things for free with ingame money but there are some rare items only obtainable with real money that the kids trade away in these trust trades. Parents get mad either way and are going on about how their kids are refusing to eat or come out of their room or the kid is crying a lot and the parents are suffering and that they demand the team give the scammed kid duplicates of whatever items they lost whether they spent real money on it or just lots of ingame time making ingame money. Or if they lied and the scam never took place. Like never had the item in the first place or can't be verified that they ever had it. The parents should do better parenting, make sure their kids know about this stuff and avoid con artists.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

iirc he himself wasn't a flat earther, he was just grifting because they're an audience that paid out to fund his steam-powered rocket hobby

think of it as the small time equivalent of being sponsored by phillip-morris

https://www.space.com/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-in-homemade-rocket-launch.html
Weird grift if the end result is you dying in a rocket accident.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WaltherFeng posted:

I need your help thread:

Aeriſ

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm on team Aerith, but I couldn't tell you why if you asked. It's just something that I feel, deep in my heart.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"I'm really enjoying my time with Arkham Knight. I don't know why everybody rags on it so much"

Arkham Knight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlyWpRONYOg

Man if the Batmobile controls were tighter this could have been a knockout game.

Like had they marketed this better and not gone the "Totally 100% a brand new character guys" route, and just fully leaned into the Red Hood story line, you could have done a lot of the plothooks differently.
Though I suppose having Batman in the dark and the player going "It's Jason Todd" for 90% of the game until the actual reveal would have been pretty dumb as well.

Ah well. I'm enjoying my time with it.
Positively gorgeous game, and all signs point to the Court of Owls as the plotline for the sequel.

Don't know how you unwrite the AK ending... but I'm sure it'll be fiiiiine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I'm on team Aerith, but I couldn't tell you why if you asked. It's just something that I feel, deep in my heart.

Aerith feels it deep in her heart as well.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Infinitum posted:

https://www.space.com/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-in-homemade-rocket-launch.html
Weird grift if the end result is you dying in a rocket accident.

i mean, what's the quote they use in civ 4 for Rocketry? "the rule of thumb for the rocket enthusiast is, always assume it will explode" or whatever? he knew the risks going in--and i don't mean that in a "he brought this upon himself" kind of way; more, he accepted the risks of his hobby and enjoyed pursuing it anyway knowing that it could have, and has in the past, gone pear- or as the case may be pancake-shaped.

guy got to die doing the thing he loved. you might say "yeah but he's dead" but i say well if i got to choose, well i'd rather go doing an LD50 of thc than having a heart attack i tell you what

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I feel bad for the dudes family, but if you watch the video that rocket was a disaster waiting to happen. The parachute literally falls out of it upon launch.
Like.. maybe test the drat thing first before going out and winning yourself a Darwin Award.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Harley had a baby and that baby is Joker 2.0 and he cut his face off. Also Batman is old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

just gotta go full-on Batman Beyond