Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Personally I would give non-replaceable body parts if more people would grasp the fundamental spelling rules behind doubling of vowels and consonants. It's "oops", not "opps" (and certainly not "opppppppppppppppps", for gently caress's sake just what do you think that sounds like, do letters not even vaguely correspond with sounds in your mind)

Oh yeah that one drives me nuts too.

(Picture of a baby animal)
"Aww it's so cuteeeeeeeeeeee"

Also when people drop the -ly on adverbs. I see that one all over newspapers:

"Bugs are edible and taste good. More importantly, they use very few resources to farm."
"Bugs are edible and taste good. More important, they use very few resources to farm." Aaaaaarrrrgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This derail speaks to me on a fundamental level and I would like it to continue

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Many idiots on social media can be identified by their spelling and phrasing errors

Or at least made fun of for them

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Conversely if you’re getting het up about someone using who where they should be using whom, gently caress off

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Is a word in it's own right. Adverb form of sopposable- capable of being conceived of.

WhiteGenocideNow
Mar 16, 2019

I feel like men are not sending us their best people.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

I love this phrase and will never stop using it even though 80% of people have to think about it for a minute

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Mak0rz posted:

Machine translation is far from perfect but it's absolutely adequate for getting the jist of something like a tweet written in common language. It might spit out something with awkward grammar but it still should be comprehensible.
Yes, but I'd argue the most machine translation is good for is getting the gist of that sort of thing, and depending on what languages you're jumping between not even that. Which isn't the fault of the program so much as some things being hard to automate.

It has it's place, but boy does it make that Bloomberg campaign tweet even more of a wet fart of a joke.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

There's a lot going on in this picture.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Badger of Basra posted:

Conversely if you’re getting het up about someone using who where they should be using whom, gently caress off
"whom" is always correct, "who" is a bastard word that should be ignored, sentences should be rearranged so as to properly use "whom" in all cases. for example: to whom should this be addressed? may I inquire as to whom you are speaking? and amongst all of you to whom shall i address this rear end kicking? to speak any less is to reveal your low breeding
edit: also people who use "p" or "v" for "pretty" or "very" or any other form of this disgusting cornucopia of unnecessary vulgarity.
if someone ever told this joke to me in person i would just start kicking them because it's not illegal to kick an animal or inanimate object

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

InsertPotPun posted:

if someone ever told this joke to me in person i would just start kicking them because it's not illegal to kick an animal or inanimate object

Pretty sure it's illegal to kick animals.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skwirl posted:

Pretty sure it's illegal to kick animals.
yeah but they can't tell on you

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Language fake gently caress you

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuckle alignment like that, the only punch hamlad can throw is a jug of Hawaiian.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Leatherfarce/status/1231173693386174464?s=20

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Note that he couldn't make a video because then you'd hear his mother banging on the door demanding to know why he took two slices of bread into the shitter.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This poo poo is so pathetic. I'd say kinda disappointing but i guesa i shouldnt be surprised, make it big, make some money, and now you're disconnected
https://twitter.com/ava/status/1231290459529588737?s=20

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Pilchenstein posted:

Note that he couldn't make a video because then you'd hear his mother banging on the door demanding to know why he took two slices of bread into the shitter.

"MOM! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU DON'T BOTHER ME WHILE I'M TRYING TO UPHOLD THE PATRIARCHY!"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://twitter.com/hermit743/status/1231333059749928961

powerful

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I really have no sympathy for people of color throwing obstacles in front of the one candidate whose policy platform protects us the most domestically and overseas.
You're either on the right side, or you're not, and Warren (who was pathetic on Gaza, Soleimani, Bolivia, redface, supporting Reagan Republicanism, etc.) is no enlightened refuge.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

this is my opinion on ignore lists and reporting to mods, I refuse to snitch even if I think a post is poo poo

also, here's a taste of how the primary is going

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

InsertPotPun posted:

also people who use "p" or "v" for "pretty" or "very" or any other form of this disgusting cornucopia of unnecessary vulgarity.

“Vulgar” just means “common”.

Why do you hate the common people?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

This account has to be a parody of terminally online people, right? Like, that's not a real person is it?

EDIT: He also defends pedophilia, unsurprisingly.

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Feb 23, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Nuebot posted:

This account has to be a parody of terminally online people, right? Like, that's not a real person is it?

they're more real than you ever could be, now draw your keyboard and post

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-man posted:

they're more real than you ever could be, now draw your keyboard and post

Did you see the tweet S0RRYSAP was responding to?

https://twitter.com/hermit743/status/1230879567264571392?s=20

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Skwirl posted:

Did you see the tweet S0RRYSAP was responding to?

https://twitter.com/hermit743/status/1230879567264571392?s=20

posting power beyond imagining, your feeble mind could not comprehend it

and if it makes you feel better it's a pedo bemoaning how awful they feel if it isn't a troll, which even odds I'd say.

e: also I don't have twitter and will never click through, so no, i did not

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/LonelyGoomba/status/1231314597321285633
The internet makes you stupid was a mistake

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This poo poo is so pathetic. I'd say kinda disappointing but i guesa i shouldnt be surprised, make it big, make some money, and now you're disconnected
https://twitter.com/ava/status/1231290459529588737?s=20

Didn't she make a whole film comparing liberal/Democratic policies to slavery? :psyduck:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Also when people drop the -ly on adverbs. I see that one all over newspapers:

"Bugs are edible and taste good. More importantly, they use very few resources to farm."
"Bugs are edible and taste good. More important, they use very few resources to farm." Aaaaaarrrrgh

OTOH, when people say "funnily".

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

glad to see the language derail was nipped in the butt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

She posted this in response to Bernie winning in Nevada.

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1231498069763481600?s=19

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

...does she think Bernie isn't white? :thunk:

Either that or she's doing a Biden and indirectly admitting rich = white in her brain. In which case yes, the rich should be afraid.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

LGB Alliance founder once again reheating homophobia into transphobia.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm a cis male but every morning, as I regain my various faculties upon waking, I find myself wishing to punch all TERFs and anyone who dares remove the glorious tomatoes from my Great BLT.

TinTower posted:

LGB Alliance founder once again reheating homophobia into transphobia.

like this poo poo makes me so mad

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

T-man posted:

Schrodinger's Jew strikes again, although in this case it's likely just idiocy rather than the weird :umberto: Jewish when it suits them and not when it doesn't thing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

From a discussion about the scene where Don Draper gets raped by a prostitute:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

I'm getting serious serial-killer/mass-shooter vibes off of this weirdo.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

T-man posted:

Either that or she's doing a Biden and indirectly admitting rich = white in her brain. In which case yes, the rich should be afraid.

I just assumed that she's someone who believes in the great replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

I appreciate this reference from the seasons and twenty years ago.