Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm literally the only person from the whole building to show up to work today, and I honestly feel like some sort of Calvinist super-cop about it. A little over a year amongst the Schweinländer and already getting presumably irreparable brain damage :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

I'm literally the only person from the whole building to show up to work today, and I honestly feel like some sort of Calvinist super-cop about it. A little over a year amongst the Schweinländer and already getting presumably irreparable brain damage :negative:

Alerta Alerta Antikarnevalista

(Take comfort in the fact that in Düsseldorf the weather conditions interrupted the street carnival yesterday. :kheldragar:)

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
We don't "do" carnival up here. It's good.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Antigravitas posted:

We don't "do" carnival up here. It's good.

The upside of carnival is that we get Rosenmontag entirely and Altweiber from 12:00 off (and I don't start working before 10:00 on that day :v:)

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

A Feiertagsangleichung would certainly be welcome. Adding the Reformationstag was a good step in the right direction. :v:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Antigravitas posted:

Adding the Reformationstag was a good step in the right direction. :v:

Should make 8th of May (Death of Luther) a holiday to balance things out then.

Randler fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 21, 2020

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Randler posted:

Should make 8th of May (Death of Luther) a holiday to balance things out then.

You mean the Tag der Befreiung? :imunfunny:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ha ha ha that's one hell of a coincidence :tinfoil:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Have some fun anecdotes from nice people and casual racism by almans paid for by your GEZ

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

anyone remember the name of a die linke/sed politician who wrote an autobiography how she found out all her friends were stasi-agents? she had colored hair and a punkish hairdo, iirc

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mike12345 posted:

anyone remember the name of a die linke/sed politician who wrote an autobiography how she found out all her friends were stasi-agents? she had colored hair and a punkish hairdo, iirc

Angela Marquardt?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Randler posted:

Angela Marquardt?

yeah, that's her. didn't know she herself was implied to be a stasi-agent.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!
Ein Soze bringt es auf den Punkt:

https://twitter.com/BesoopenOpnRad/status/1230988733857648641?s=20

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's a super weird culture clash. Like Republican punk rock. Good on him though.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

That's a super weird culture clash. Like Republican punk rock. Good on him though.

Too bad the places where the AfD is strongest don't do Karneval/Fastnacht/Fasching.

Ähnlich relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK5O1rL0NwE

Und auf Hochdeutsch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNpD_WDRBoc

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

LMAO at saying democracy will triumph while being dressed as the arch enemy of people being free to make choices.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
gewählt :grovertoot:

Die Partei everywhere I could, and Linke where I couldn't

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
lol at you determined fuckers doing carnival today :cheerdoge:

I had to go get milk at the bahnhof and nearly blew the gently caress away

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mackers posted:

lol at you determined fuckers doing carnival today :cheerdoge:

I had to go get milk at the bahnhof and nearly blew the gently caress away

I think the local fuckers actually cancelled most of today's Karneval activities. Probably a good idea, too:

https://twitter.com/Feuerwehr_Koeln/status/1231561813294243840

It kinda rules that this is the third Sunday in a row with conditions like this

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

It kinda rules that this is the third Sunday in a row with conditions like this

Weather concerns have been an issue for at least the last five years with Düsseldorf having to cancel their Rosenmontagszug in 2016.

It's almost like nature abhorrs Karneval. :thunk:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I grew up in Karneval country and I can confirm that Karneval is literally the worst thing in the world, and im happy that there is not a single thing in Berlin that reminds me that it exists

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
The "Umzug" outside my flat has been going on for hours, despite rain and rather proper winds. People are weird. And have really bad taste in music.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Meanwhile, Hamburg is not giving a single gently caress. Wahlbeteiligung is already 5% higher than last time around, and there's still more than an hour to go. At this rate, we might have decent odds at booting both FDP and AfD :toot:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Well, Hamburg is partially north Germany, so of course they don't care about a little breeze.

It'd make me pretty happy if the faschos got thrown out of Hamburg, to say the least.

Hollow Talk posted:

People are weird. And have really bad taste in music.

Tell me about it. Somehow the people who play loud music always have poo poo taste. I've never heard good music played so loud that it was overpowering my headphones…

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I had a hankering for some gefilte Krapfen and all shops were sold out

QED Karneval sucks :saddowns:

Also wouldn’t put too high hopes into Wahlbeteiligung, apparently a lot of people who typically won’t vote will vote AfD if they do.

That said, what’s the best way to follow on the election results later besides checking Twitter? ARD I guess? Fingers crossed both AfD and FDP gonna eat poo poo and get kicked out

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I typically consume election results with my morning coffee by reading Tagesschau (for the actual results) and Taz/SZ (for the hot takes). No point going mad over preliminary results and swings and inane speculation.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah seems smart, I just read because of the peculiar voting system the predictions will be extra extra preliminary

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

quote:

Die erste Prognose liegt vor – von Infratest dimap laut ARD

SPD: 37,5%
CDU: 11,5%
Grüne: 25,5%
Linke: 9%
FDP: 5%
AfD: 4,7%
https://www.zeit.de/politik/deutsch...e709__editorial

As mentioned, still possibly subject to significant changes. But still, :toot:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Auf 48 Millionen Euro hinterzogene Steuern verzichten aber trotzdem noch 37,5 % der Stimmen kriegen. Hamburger SPD-Wähler sind so dämlich und/oder bösartig, dass man Sie zu Bayern ehrenhalber ernennen sollte.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
A decisive win for left wing parties, a good night for Germany :)

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Torrannor posted:

good night Germany :)

hmmm indeed

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

i jest gently caress nazis

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
SPD and Grüne are not left wing parties, they are centrist trash

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

SPD and Grüne are not left wing parties, they are centrist trash

The Greens aren't "centrist trash", you loving nutjob

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
true, the greens want to bring homeopathy into mainstream Krankenkasse and build coalplants

pretty rightwing

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Libluini posted:

in hamburg? absolut

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

tfw you're the chief law enforcement officer of tübingen

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Ok FDP is 4.9%, AfD 5.2% - at 1,857/1,884 polling stations done

https://twitter.com/anked/status/1231689195128807425?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Libluini posted:

As much as I hate to agree with oliwan, they went turbo-centrist in the last 5 years. They happily form coalitions with the CDU and the SPD. In Baden-Würterberg they replaced the CDU and the automobile industry actually likes them (Kretschmar) better

They don't give a hoot about social welfare