Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

malkav11 posted:

It should be noted that your returns go down pretty rapidly. The base pledge is three full length campaigns with accompanying unique characters (primarily designed for that campaign but as a variant you can play them in other campaigns, just less supported by the narrative). The other gameplay stuff includes a half-length "expert" campaign, something called Echoes of the Past that delves a bit more into character backstories and has character-specific achievements/unlocks, and a jack-of-all-trades special character (who was a first-day bonus and thus not included in the 153 GBP all-in pledge, which -does- include the original set of optional monster minis). So, doubling the price gets you cosmetic minis, 15% more campaign content (roughly), and the character achievements. The base pledge is a great value, though.

They follow that model pretty closely with all their games - any additional content that is free from stretch goals usually extends the value of the base pledge immensely, but uses the moderately inflated prices of minis/expansions to fund all the stretch goals.

I've almost always went all-in on all their kickstarters; not just for value, but somewhere pretty close down the line, I most likely wont have a lot of time for all these awesome minis. That means it's an easy flip for a huge upsell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

My friend has put up a small Kickstarter for his RPG Small Town: Skeletons. In his words:

It’s very cheap, and he’s a good creator of very small, intimate stories.

I feel like adolescence needs fewer boners, not more.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Puzzle lovers!

Kickstarter Here

An interactive puzzle book.

Fold, search, tear, draw. Solve the puzzles, receive further clues, and unlock the secrets of the Tachyon.

Kickstarter launches in 3 days!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Tell me that's a site on the phone, and not an app.

Slig
Mar 30, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Speaking of Cyberpunk, I should have the preview for Blue Moon ready to go Soon(TM), with a tentative launch date around the 20th!

Hope I didn't miss this one. Seemed like very much my jam.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Bieeanshee posted:

Tell me that's a site on the phone, and not an app.
Yeah it's the website, it's just a mockup to show that there's an interactive element, so you can can access the site from a phone.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Cool, thanks for clarifying. :)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Can anyone tell me if the IDW AUGS board games are any good? Because I am a sucker for Batman: The Animated Series stuff and that game is siren-songing me on looks alone.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

theironjef posted:

Can anyone tell me if the IDW AUGS board games are any good? Because I am a sucker for Batman: The Animated Series stuff and that game is siren-songing me on looks alone.

I liked Shadows of the Past a lot and the new TMNT Adventure system game fixes a lot of the problems I had with it. The co-op AI is really easy to work with, meaning you don't have to 4v1 it if you don't want to. That introduced some tension in my group because of how obnoxious all the "stop the running character" missions were.

I've done the first tutorial and even with Alopex's horseshit dodge gimmick it was really fun two-player with each of us controlling two turtles against the AI. Does take up a shitload of space, I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to put a second set of this madness.

The heart of it's the hero 'teamwork' mechanics. You roll three dice and your neighboring players get to share one with you, so you get 5 action dice worth of stuff every turn. Everyone also has unique powers selected from a set of special moves, so they all encourage different playstyles. In 4v1 you alternate turns with the villain player, where they have a hand of cards that gives them their actions. In co-op, there's an intiative deck that tells you when a given player or enemy class acts. In co-op, the enemies have AI rules since it's more combat-focused than SOTP. So gunners go after the person with the most HP, foot soldiers go after lowest, some characters go after who has the most Focus, etc.

I went all in on this one, too, mostly for the mashup potential. Hopefully people come up with some fun scenarios to blend the two.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 23, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's nice to hear. I remember the last Batman board game with A Whole Lot of Things just... wasn't very good. They layered so much stuff on it they forget to make a decently playable game.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Zorro D6 came out this week in PDF form, it’s beautifully written and illustrated but could use more examples of how the game is actually played.
It does something interesting by putting a one-page adventure seed after different setting stuff, so you’re constantly thinking of how to put things on the table.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Was there an RPG kickstarted not too long ago that was kind of sold as being like the Persona series? Or am I having a giant brain fart?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

S.J. posted:

Was there an RPG kickstarted not too long ago that was kind of sold as being like the Persona series? Or am I having a giant brain fart?

Void Heart Frequency? Something like that, it's a sequel to the Castlevania Legacy game.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Voidheart Symphony, yes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4752791/oh-no-im-late-to-the-mcr-concert-and-i-have-an-extra-ticket

What an oddly specific idea

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I love that things like this can exist.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

potatocubed posted:

I love that things like this can exist.

A TTRPG for My Chemical Romance fans? Solo adventures have been a thing for a long time, you know.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
I dunno, does it have a giant stick insect for a cryptid

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I misread the bit at the end about your goth weapon giving you neat boosts as neat boots and I still think that would have been just as valid.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

S.J. posted:

Yup, Voidheart Symphony - it's now available to preorder here.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

potatocubed posted:

Voidheart Symphony, yes.

Flavivirus posted:

Yup, Voidheart Symphony - it's now available to preorder here.

Thanks! Has anyone here backed it and seen the material so far? It sounds pretty great but uh kickstarter and stuff

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

S.J. posted:

Thanks! Has anyone here backed it and seen the material so far? It sounds pretty great but uh kickstarter and stuff

Well, the second person you quoted is the creator, so she's definitely seen it and thought it at least pretty good. ;-)

That said, I can't speak for it in prototype form but the same creator made Legacy: Life Among the Ruins and that game is fantastic stuff. If you look a little deeper, you'll see Voidheart is an evolution of a Castlevania/Bloodborne Legacy sub-world she made as a side project to the second edition campaign. That book I have read and it was great enough to make me want to run a small campaign of it just before Voidheart was announced.

You're likely in good hands is what I'm saying.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm going to use 'it's late' as an excuse here and uh

Legacy is pretty baller so yeah okay then

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Winter Harvest is about to enter the final 48 hours later today and is really really close to funding. It's a cute little zine rpg about managing a community of lil woodland critters with a strong Frog and Toad/Moomins/Redwall vibe. I like how character switching is a mechanic the creator talks about, I love the feast at the end of the game and I really want the cookbook they're talking about doing for a stretch goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/parrycat/winter-harvest

Full disclosure, I've done some consulting and helped write the KS page on this one, but I'd be promoting it even if I hadn't, it looks lovely.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

To contrast that, Google just suggested this to me: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/donnyc/a-wizard a horror module featuring a creature calling itself a wizard. Is anyone familiar with this creator's previous (off-Kickstarter) work? It's not linked on the Kickstarter page as far as I can tell. His name is Donovan Caldwell.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

S.J. posted:

I'm going to use 'it's late' as an excuse here and uh

Legacy is pretty baller so yeah okay then

If you want to get a sense of how the game works there's also a free quickstart available here!

It's a few revisions behind the core game so some mechanics are a bit different, but it should give you a sense of how things work.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

In news no-one is surprised by COVID-19 is starting to cause kickstarter games to miss their target dates.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Only 1 day left to back Winter Harvest - reached their goal but still a couple hundred dollars away from the stretch recipe goal:

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 27, 2020

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Gay Retard posted:

Only 1 day left to back Winter Harvest - reached their goal but still need a couple hundred dollars away from the stretch recipe goal:

Backed, because it looks really lovely. I hope they reach the recipe stretch goal!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Not my thing (or really my budget, sadly), but I'm rooting for 'em. More functional recipe tie-ins, plz.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Flavivirus posted:

If you want to get a sense of how the game works there's also a free quickstart available here!

It's a few revisions behind the core game so some mechanics are a bit different, but it should give you a sense of how things work.

Thank you so much!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CottonWolf posted:

In news no-one is surprised by COVID-19 is starting to cause kickstarter games to miss their target dates.

Yeah, Cthulhu Wars just went to fortnightly "we'll tell you when there's news" updates instead of the usual weekly. Of course there are better reasons to be upset by a global pandemic, but still.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

A friend of mine has a Kickstarter up for a MOBA inspired card game he designed. It's for an expansion to add new heroes to the game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heelturngames/roba-champion-edition/description

Kickstarter posted:

ROBA is a fast-paced tactical game for two players. It can be taught in five minutes, but offers a challenge that will test the skills of even veteran gamers to their limit. ROBA pits a colorful and diverse cast of heroes against each other using a dynamic deck-drafting mechanic that offers rewarding depth and lasting replay value.

I played it at a tournament earlier this year and it was a lot of fun!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Further Reading posted:

A friend of mine has a Kickstarter up for a MOBA inspired card game he designed. It's for an expansion to add new heroes to the game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heelturngames/roba-champion-edition/description

I'm a little miffed that I backed the first campaign and now to get the nice box that holds everything I have to rebuy the whole thing, but what are ya gonna do.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Further Reading posted:

This looks like it might be my jam. Does anyone know if the three 14 Euro packs are included in the Arena Champion pledge? I would assume just based on price, but I'm having trouble figuring it out from the page.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

This looks like it might be my jam. Does anyone know if the three 14 Euro packs are included in the Arena Champion pledge? I would assume just based on price, but I'm having trouble figuring it out from the page.

They are.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Does anyone know anything about Stormsunder?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1449412950/stormsunder-heirs-of-ruin

It looks pretty cool and I’m kind of a sucker for big mini-heavy RPG board games, but it is also loving expensive and is coming from a company with only one other successful KS project that I can see.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Vidmaster posted:

It looks pretty cool and I’m kind of a sucker for big mini-heavy RPG board games, but it is also loving expensive and is coming from a company with only one other successful KS project that I can see.
Too many red flags for me to invest in (especially from a young company like that).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

JazzFlight posted:

Too many red flags for me to invest in (especially from a young company like that).

This plus I went all-in on Aeon Trespass Odyssey late last year so I don't have enough budget for another huge campaign game.

For the reference, the biggest red flag is that Stormsunder is an absolutely massive board game which they are Kickstarting despite not yet having delivered on their previously-Kickstarted massive board game, Wild Assent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Vidmaster posted:

Found this in their other project's update comments

"the update posted:

Thanks, man. Yeah, we invested a great deal of the profit from Wild Assent into sculpting, etc, for Stormsunder and I don't want to tell folks they should look for other projects (as we may not get them back).
I mean there's nothing shady about this per se; you take profit from one project and use it to fund more projects all the time. But it seems like a sign they are running out of money to fulfill Wild Assent, and need this new KS injection to pay for it.