Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
they need a form of premium you cant buy with gold i guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5244264#ruinberg-mariuslecter-is-2

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R5TYPR0JNM

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Holy poo poo :stare:

No bulli, #BeBest Marius!

Also, nice goomba earlier!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

IS-3 ... a very newb friendly hull down position with the upgraded turret.
Until something taller than you turns up:

At only 20mm, that cyan strip is overmatched by just about anything the IS-3 faces.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The TD mission where you have to do five times your HP in damage is a pain in the anus.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Hellcat should work well for it, that's still a lot of damage though, maybe try marder 2?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
SU-100 can work if you are lucky, you have 580 hp and your shots does 390, so 8 hits or so.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Looks like the Defender is available in NA. I know it has this mystical following but is it really that good? I usually don't have any issues dealing with them with a tier 8 vehicle and up. I have the 703II as a crew trainer if I want already, but it doesn't block a whole lot of damage (or I'm just not good with armored tanks). Maybe the defender would be better for the block a million damage missions?

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 23, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its good if you prefer armor over damage :)

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It is just very forgiving. If you are not very good like me you can go to a dumb position and be able to work it out whereas you might get hosed in a different tank.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im p sure all positions i go into are dumb, ill have to check that out

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i got the centurion ace!!! expectations seem kinda meh tho :(

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

TracerM17 posted:

Looks like the Defender is available in NA. I know it has this mystical following but is it really that good? I usually don't have any issues dealing with them with a tier 8 vehicle and up. I have the 703II as a crew trainer if I want already, but it doesn't block a whole lot of damage (or I'm just not good with armored tanks). Maybe the defender would be better for the block a million damage missions?

Buy the Defender. It is a lot easier to play and basically makes pubbies scared of you. But this does not mean you should play super aggressive and leave your sides open. You are still a tank but the Defender is literally blessed by Stalin himself.

Unless you are on bottom tier then just play hull down like you would the IS-3 and laugh as you bounce shots.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5245616#kharkov-mariuslecter-t-54_first_prototype

I hope some of you watch this one, at the tail end of the match it's me and the m53/55 Vs. the enemy Lowe, ELC e90, WZ 111-14 and the T95.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There's a good chance there'll be another Twitch Prime premium launching this week. The last box says "February 2020" on it and it's the same type of box the Captured King Tiger came in.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BIG HEADLINE posted:

There's a good chance there'll be another Twitch Prime premium launching this week. The last box says "February 2020" on it and it's the same type of box the Captured King Tiger came in.

Oh yeah that is coming up. I had the Captured Tiger since it came out so I hope I can keep it for free now.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

MariusLecter posted:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5245616#kharkov-mariuslecter-t-54_first_prototype

I hope some of you watch this one, at the tail end of the match it's me and the m53/55 Vs. the enemy Lowe, ELC e90, WZ 111-14 and the T95.

i watched it. i didnt like how you played vs the primo victoria. you have no chance to pen his turret without hitting the flat part of the cuppola but you kept going for it while he can easily pen most of yours. vs the t95 you could have circled around to take the hill to make his cupola much larger and creating a better angle for the arty at the same time. the wz missing you twice was kinda lucky.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So far I quite like the ST-II.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh yeah that is coming up. I had the Captured Tiger since it came out so I hope I can keep it for free now.

Yeah, looks like they do it every month now. Last 3 months we have got a 3 skill commander, some consumables and a special month-long mission that you have to complete with the captured king tiger. The reward is 30 missions with x5 crew XP. It's pretty generous really which is an odd one for WG.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not going for the Bourrasque, I think it would just get mothballed in favor of easier playing premium tanks. I'm not a careful player... I need dumb tanks for dumb play.

But I did get the tankrewards bret panther. It's not great, but it's a new premium tank.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i missed the bret :( i dont have a french medium crew tho

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

moolchaba posted:

I'm not going for the Bourrasque, I think it would just get mothballed in favor of easier playing premium tanks. I'm not a careful player... I need dumb tanks for dumb play.

But I did get the tankrewards bret panther. It's not great, but it's a new premium tank.

It'll almost assuredly end up in a advent calendar/bazaar/black market event *eventually*.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Dravs posted:

Yeah, looks like they do it every month now.

It's been every month for a year, but this is the end of that year hence speculation of a reset with a new vehicle maybe

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Dravs posted:

Yeah, looks like they do it every month now. Last 3 months we have got a 3 skill commander, some consumables and a special month-long mission that you have to complete with the captured king tiger. The reward is 30 missions with x5 crew XP. It's pretty generous really which is an odd one for WG.

They have been. But in order to keep the Captured King Tiger you had to have amazon prime and redeem it through twitch. It's a very hilarious T7 heavy tank that I usually always play at that tier. I just hope it does not go away and those that stayed subscribed to it can keep the tank for free.

Add another T7 funnytank. Why not.

BadLlama posted:

So far I quite like the ST-II.

I also have my eyes on this. My KV-1 can lead into arty and the double barrel line. (Edit):

He never did

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 24, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just did the "do five times your HP in damage" TD mission in the FV4005. 9,364 damage. Unfortunately, it was a loss.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 24, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
thats wild

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
cheater. similarly my 10k game in that tank on mines was also a epic lose

im done with this dumb clan wars stuff tonight that is cool it is also kinda cool seeing players NOT get the tank in the clan haha :tif:

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 24, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What's really stupid is that at 9,364 damage I was only 114 damage over the requirement.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

I just did the "do five times your HP in damage" TD mission in the FV4005. 9,364 damage. Unfortunately, it was a loss.

jesus loving christ there were still four enemies alive

Slaapaav posted:

thats wild

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jesus Christ. The TD mission after the "5x your HP in damage" one is "get 6 penetrations in a row". Talk about swings in difficulty.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

Jesus Christ. The TD mission after the "5x your HP in damage" one is "get 6 penetrations in a row". Talk about swings in difficulty.

1, 2, 3, *we didn't even scratch them*

1, 2, *that one bounced*

1, 2, 3, 4 *oneshot by arti*

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Vando posted:

It's been every month for a year, but this is the end of that year hence speculation of a reset with a new vehicle maybe

ahh, I see. That would be cool, I like the captured kt, I even almost have the 2nd mark of excellence in it, but it would be nice to be able to do the twitch missions with something that can go above 20kph.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

1, 2, 3, *we didn't even scratch them*

1, 2, *that one bounced*

1, 2, 3, 4 *oneshot by arti*

Time to load APCR in the Foch B. :blastu:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I either used a pass on that TD mission or did it with a t7, I don't remember. It is not nearly as bad as the missions that are bounce 4x your tanks HP in damage missions.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:eyepop:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/march-2020-sneak-preview/

Oh hey looks like they put up the preview for March. Let's see what...

Wargaming Marketing Team posted:

Mar. 16-23: E 25 — German Tier VII tank destroyer

:stonklol:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Crazyeyes24 posted:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/march-2020-sneak-preview/

Oh hey looks like they put up the preview for March. Let's see what...

:stonklol:

quote:

Complete as many missions as possible, rack up Tank Rewards tokens, and then use those tokens to redeem rewards from one of five reward tiers. This month's rewards feature the T-34-85M, Strv m/42-57 Alt. A.2, and Heavy Tank No. VI!

In the order they posted is the best to worst choices.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I either used a pass on that TD mission or did it with a t7, I don't remember. It is not nearly as bad as the missions that are bounce 4x your tanks HP in damage missions.

Any mission that involves deliberate idling to bounce shots while pubbies just go ahead and blow through your loving """armour""" with skill rounds anyway is absolutely asinine bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:homebrew: Frontlines is back! :homebrew:

And both of the On Tracks are for tanks I don't have yet. March is looking good.