Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I like how Klassje is in jail, as she drat well should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I can place everyone but one person. Who is the guy in green?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Joyce.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xanderkish posted:

That whole thing was my biggest mistake and it was literally a misclick.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Xanderkish posted:

but she is so soft

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

But I wanted make gently caress with her? :saddowns:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Xanderkish posted:

Don't worry, her old friends will take care of that soon on the way to dumping her in a shallow grave.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jack Trades posted:

I didn’t know berserker cop was an option

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I like that it doesnt let you back out when she asks you to repeat it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Megazver posted:

Dice Awards just happened, DE lost Best RPG to Outer Worlds, but took Best Story.

I imagine it's kind of an odd compromise to make everyone gets something, because it sure wouldn't have worked the other way around.

Lmfao at outer worlds winning any rpg related awards. What a sham.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pewdiepie posted:

Technically every game is an rpg

I’m the little boat in minesweeper (not pictured)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pewdiepie posted:

Yea, its fine to like Outer Worlds, but thinking OW is better than DE is just silly. One is super safe, generic and simple, the other you can sing drunken karaoke while wearing a kimono and a mesh tank top.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, its fine to like Outer Worlds, but thinking OW is better than DE is just silly. One is super safe, generic and simple, the other you can sing drunken karaoke while wearing a kimono and a mesh tank top.

...oh, you mean in the game?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...oh, you mean in the game?

If you're not going that whenever you can, I don't know if you're truly living.

Also my favorite article of clothing was the Naval Coat. I also really liked how the heavy scarfs interacted with different coats. I think they looked best with the Pinball Makers coat.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
I loved this game (surprise), and one thing that really stood out for me was the sense of history, reality, and geography that Martinaise had. This particularly stood out because I had tried D:OS2 beforehand and while I was very disappointed by it's writing, I was even more by the utter lack of a sense of geography and history—there was no built relation between time and place in the game. It's very apparent the thoughtfulness and care that was put into creating DE, and I think a lot of that came from the designers not being afraid to think ideologically.

Also, talking to Joyce at night, you can find out that she has lost her ability to sleep because of the Pale.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Preparing an essay on how DE is the power fantasy of having someone who puts up with you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

StashAugustine posted:

Preparing an essay on how DE is the power fantasy of having someone who puts up with you

I mean the game flat out points this out that people have to put up with your dumb poo poo because you're an authority figure

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Depends on what you are looking for, OW has more "game" in it, like you actually get to run around and shoot stuff, DE is "just" a bunch of reading (excellent reading, but still). The two honestly shouldn't be pitted against each other because while both are technically RPG's they are not even trying to do the same thing.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You still take actions to acquire and solve cases in DE. And there's still exploring. It's just not an FPS/Action-RPG like DE.

But yeah, OW is still "good" if you're looking for a new Fallout-ish RPG.

itry fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 21, 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Haven't played it but I was hoping it would be New Vegas in Space, but my understanding is that it pointedly falls short of that

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Lurked the thread, completed the game a few months back and thought I'd chime in with my opinions.

The RPG elements are light, and this game feels one step removed from a visual novel, though where it really shines out amongst it's rivals is the quality of the writing, that a lot of other people picked up on. It's fantastic.

I played through as a Hobocop of the Apocalypse, made the mistake of kissing Dolores (oof) and then after getting all of the feels from the phasmid I reloaded to help the ravers with the Church. Drug lab? Carry on safe kids

The pale was intriguing, and as someone who has had hallucinations and seen things like the void (maybe bc of hallucinogens idk) it felt sort of believable, literally, not metaphorically. That there's a force of entropy spreading it's way across this universe that may be an illusory game in itself is something I've pondered about.

Also, bummed that I missed the gangtag :(

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1230827182475354117?s=20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Didn't see that coming but I absolutely endorse it

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Desdinova posted:

Also, bummed that I missed the gangtag :(

Same.

I wish I was more up to date on playing games as they come out, not several months to years later.

Oh well, I enjoyed the heck out of DE, my question is though, does it have much replay value? It seemed like exploring the world and learning things was a huge part, and not being able to do that seems like it would detract quite a bit.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

OxySnake posted:

Same.

I wish I was more up to date on playing games as they come out, not several months to years later.

Oh well, I enjoyed the heck out of DE, my question is though, does it have much replay value? It seemed like exploring the world and learning things was a huge part, and not being able to do that seems like it would detract quite a bit.

There are absolutely, definitely, without a doubt, HUGE things in the background you inevitably missed because of a passive check you didn't even know existed. Granted, it's not like it's going to massively change the entire plot of the game or anything like that, but playing a different character does allow you to feel like things are turning out differently. For example (first meeting with Evart)my first time through, I nearly died in Evart's chair and got totally jerked around while I was trying to play a fast-talking motorics type. On a second playthrough with a much tougher and more intelligent sensitive bruiser type, not only did I successfully stare him down, I also let him know that I was totally aware that the folder he had in front of him was empty and he didn't have poo poo on me, which my first character didn't even have an inkling of. It just depends on how much you value that momentary rush of "Oh, THAT'S a thing?"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

If you want the gangtag then you can pay the $5 for a new av or pm the forum mod and ask really nicely (no guarantees obv)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Same.

I'm finishing up a second playthrough, and while the game itself doesn't change much, it's all about the brilliantly written internal dialogues changing. I did a heavy "Int" build, with conceptualization and rhetoric and whatnot. The dude played like a knowitall prick. Then I tried a Phys build, and he became an aggressive, violent rear end hole.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the beats don't change but pretty much everything else does, especially if you invert your previous build stats

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think I wrote this before, but DE works because your CHARACTER changes instead of him changing the world around him by being very smart or very strong or very evil. You have some agency and authority but it's limited at the end of the day.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/stevetoase/status/1231323377815752706

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine being a bird and accidentally landing on that and thinking, poo poo, this is awkward.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I was going to make a subtle joke and say cool cryptid

But then I remembered I was already in the DE thread

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I didn't know Hobocop gave you special limited edition garbage to collect!

Not entirely sure how I got the Hobocop thought, either.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Animal-Mother posted:

I didn't know Hobocop gave you special limited edition garbage to collect!

Were you acting like a hobo? Did you do, think, or say some hobo poo poo?

Hobocop seemed real easy to get. It seems to pop up as soon as you start with that hobo lifestyle. I found some of the thoughts to be a lot harder to trigger. I had a hell of a time changing my name to something more suave or believing I'm psychic. It's like you have to absolutely commit to it over and over again. This, despite the fact that I am clearly loving psychic.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 24, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

It's one of the very first thoughts you can get. Mention to anyone that you don't remember where you live, and after that you'll have a conversation with Encyclopedia that can go two ways.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Said better just before me

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm 4 days in, thoughts:

My only loss so far came when Evrart told me not to think about a CHILD putting my LOADED GUN into their mouth. I think maybe he underestimated just how damaging that would be to my psyche.

Cuno is a good kid. Wish I could get him some real help.

I have successfully stolen valor, and I will be singing karaoke tonight. Also thinking about being a gay communist. 10/10 game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^^I pointed Kims gun at one of the kids. Haha.

I love this game. But I hate how I seem to have failed every single red check. And most of them 70% or higher. loving sucks.

I don't think I've ever played anything as well written or as funny. And a lot of times I am laughing at the possibilities of what might be coming. Everything about the boots until Kim sees them was outstanding.

I'm on day 3 and just saved after walking across the bridge. I can't wait to finish and I don't want it to end. Amazing. Really wondering what the game would play like if I did it totally straight. Might do that next.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is it possible to get all 3 parts of the armor? or even just 2? after i got the gloves from the sandcastle, I went to the guy who had the chestplate and i never got the dialog to ask him about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

You can get all 4