Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Actually, scratch what I said earlier - on the official site, there's a picture with nine animal villagers, so I suspect it'll be 10 at the very least

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Imo with the movable buildings, they should let you have unlimited neighbours; the only limit is how many you are able/willing to fit.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Soon...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give us the ability to sacrifice player spots for animal villagers.

Who's honestly gonna use up all eight player spots?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Also, By the look of it, you can get different types of bags. Im not sure if its tied what your wearing or if its an item on its own but it is neat.

https://twitter.com/_sweetieloves/status/1231682843677470722?s=20

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't decide at all on what kind of village I wanna make.

I'm split between wanting to do a fairy tale theme or a sand castle one.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I saw another picture with a bunch of shaped bags, like stars, but I can't find it. Kind of like the fish one here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/acworldblog/status/1170005756957077505

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I can't decide at all on what kind of village I wanna make.

I'm split between wanting to do a fairy tale theme or a sand castle one.
I'm split between a traditional Japanese "Zen" town, and a post-industrial run down feel, with trash and tires all around. I feel the map's big enough that you might be able to do a couple "villages" on your island.

I want to do a dense town by the port, and then make another cluster of buildings in or near the mountains, with most of the island remaining wilderness with paths through it. Maybe try to make the main town all pretty and pristine, with Japanese lanterns and poo poo, with the trash town hidden in the woods.

Putting furniture outside and being able to place villagers houses is such an amazing concept. There's so much we'll be able to do in this game!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Eiba posted:

I'm split between a traditional Japanese "Zen" town, and a post-industrial run down feel, with trash and tires all around. I feel the map's big enough that you might be able to do a couple "villages" on your island.

I want to do a dense town by the port, and then make another cluster of buildings in or near the mountains, with most of the island remaining wilderness with paths through it. Maybe try to make the main town all pretty and pristine, with Japanese lanterns and poo poo, with the trash town hidden in the woods.

Putting furniture outside and being able to place villagers houses is such an amazing concept. There's so much we'll be able to do in this game!
I want to split my town. Want to do an Egyptian/desert portion with Ankha and Lucky if I can get them. Seems really easy to make sand with these new floor tiles. Then maybe a Victorian portion with beardo as a detective.

The rest of my town will probably be fairy tale themed unless there’s something I like more. I loved the fairy tale bridge in new leaf.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eiba posted:

imagine if you could place props in the water and also you could get torii gates in this game i'm imagining my dude i'm loving imagining so hard

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagine 4 balls on the edge of a cliff

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope there's a way to get into to the Rescue Center like there was for the Reset Center in New Leaf and City Folk.

And the Japanese re-release version of the American version of Animal Crossing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICn8-J3flY0

Is that a dirty magazine on top of all those newspapers?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly they've ramped up the town customization so much I'm actually worried about the size of the map.

I feel like I'm inevitably gonna have a ton of ideas and not be able to realize most of em because I only have one town to work with.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Solution: 2nd Switch + 2nd copy of Animal Crossing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lol just lol if you're not going to go the full Emperor Jones and model your island off a Caribbean dictatorship.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my island is going to be crisscrossed with as many rivers as i can fit and be plastered in bernie sanders flags anywhere there isn't water

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 24, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Funky Valentine posted:

lol just lol if you're not going to go the full Emperor Jones and model your island off a Caribbean dictatorship.

Obviously named Tropico.

Wonder how much influence you can have over your neighbours. Was annoying that they kept ruining their unique and curated house themes to throw in completely random crap.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Me three weeks into island life:

'No, Isabelle, that was gibberish'

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gulliver is going to be sent to my island to assassinate me and the thralls of natives that worship me as a god.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Husband and I were planning to set up the island like a Polynesian resort. With the terraforming and placing villager houses, we could even have different "tiers" of houses like you would at a resort. Villager we like? Oh he gets a house on the beach, or even the overwater bungalo~. Villagers we don't like get the cheaper rooms with no ocean view.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'll probably remake the entire island several times depending on my whims.

I may recreate landmasses in miniature. I wonder if you can divide it up into multiple islands.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Amazon has the companion guide for $17.99 now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I wonder if you can divide it up into multiple islands.

brb terraforming my island into Loss

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'll probably remake the entire island several times depending on my whims.

I may recreate landmasses in miniature. I wonder if you can divide it up into multiple islands.
There's no indication that you can move stone terrain, and the whole north side of every island we've seen has been stone.

Additionally, every river mouth has had two tiny stones on either side of it, so it's possible that river mouths are fixed. I feel like they might do something like that to prevent any sort of river fish/ocean fish issues. Like if you dig out the beach and create a huge bay, what kind of fish would you catch in it? Beaches are a bit lower than the land anyway, so it's possible you just won't be able to mess with the beaches at all.

Still, the island is huge so you could make a massive lake with whatever kinds of islands you want inside it, I suppose.

It's possible the water tool will be way more flexible than I'm imagining, but at this point I'd guess the beaches, stone terrain, seaport and residence services are going to be fixed locations. I think we've more or less gotten confirmation that literally everything else can be changed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
They should use the system from Happy Birthdays where by altering the terrain you alter the climate and encourage different creatures to appear

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1231941855878631424

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Makes me wonder if there's gonna be a downloadable demo. A friend of mine couldn't play New Leaf due to getting motion sickness from the rolling-pin world, but isn't sure they'll have the same problem for this.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes me wonder if there's gonna be a downloadable demo. A friend of mine couldn't play New Leaf due to getting motion sickness from the rolling-pin world, but isn't sure they'll have the same problem for this.

This is my biggest fear.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Give me a demo with a carry-over save Nintendo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Then give me special things for playing the demo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As much as I want it, I doubt it.

Would your friend be able to tell from video? Also from what I'm hearing, it's not GC Animal Crossing flat, but the effect is toned down.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I pre-ordered it the other day with a gift card when it was 29.99

Does it automatically adjust it's price or do I need to cancel and re-order it?

cats
May 11, 2009
I'm holding off on pre-ordering the game until my limited edition Switch is here. Definitely buying digital, and I've never done a system transfer before, so I'll just buy it on the new console. I know that probably sounds silly, I'm sure the pre-load will carry over just like all the other games, but my brain is just being weird about it. Also I remember when Luigi's Mansion 3 was available for preload like a month before it released, and having to look longingly at the game icon that whole time was torture.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I pre-ordered it the other day with a gift card when it was 29.99

Does it automatically adjust it's price or do I need to cancel and re-order it?

It should adjust automatically with the pre order price guarantee. Double check your order status. Mine reflects the new price.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The bigger hi def screen should help with that

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pianist On Strike posted:

Also I remember when Luigi's Mansion 3 was available for preload like a month before it released, and having to look longingly at the game icon that whole time was torture.

This is happening right now to me and it’s awful.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

I took a screenshot of the village map thing in the direct and painted over it. I think this what I wanna go for. A lush valley inside of a crater? I was thinking of putting a player-owned farmhouse in between the rivers and make that a fruit orchard, putting a church and a graveyard at the top of the crater where the water starts, make a winding path follow the rightmost river and do some dense urban development, fully paved with a road and houses all arranged in 1x3 city blocks. Hoping the terraforming tools are at least robust enough to get me somewhere like this. All I gotta do is make sure I start with one river mouth near the airport and I should've have to worry about the limitations of the terraforming system.

cats
May 11, 2009
How sweet would it be if we could have a raft in the game and just zip down the river to get from A to B?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

A lazy river raft tour through town sounds cool.