Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Goddamn those wood paneled wagons make me nostalgic. My family never had one (the first car I remember is a Tercel that my parents bought from New Belgium when their operation got big enough they needed something bigger than a hatchback to deliver their beer) but one of their close friends from church did, I always thought it was so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We had a Crown Vic LTD wagon with the paneling. That thing was too big for the garage and mom fuckin hated it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

ajkalan posted:

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/canton-pontiac-safari-wagon-full-size/7076703389.html

Wouldn't pay $7K, but I'm shocked one of these wagons still exists in this condition.

6900 NICE!!!

Parents had the 84 chevy version of that thing. 305 and 700r4. It was slow as hell but near indestructible. My three brothers and I all learned to drive on that thing, and did stuff that my parents would have heart attacks if they found out. When I finally drove it to the bone yard, it had like 540 something thousand km on the odometer. Still ran quiet and smooth as hell.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gold?

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/d/new-port-richey-1989-buick-reatta/7079088999.html

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
They're cool, that's cheap enough I'd be wary. Salt issues? No interior pictures... some of those (maybe just the earlier ones?) had a CRT touchscreen in the dash that probably is non-functional.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

I had a person I did IT support for at an old job that had a gigantic dealership style framed photo of one of these on her wall. I finally asked "Why a Buick Reatta?"
"Oh, when I first got started in the industry my boss drove one and I fell in love with the design and decided one day I'd own one, but this photo is as close as I can get"
"....you know, they're not too expensive right?"
"WHAT?"
*gets on Craigslist, finds a good shape one for 5 grand*
"See? Five grand and you're living the dream!"
And last I knew she bought one and loves it.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Absolutely, may as well be free.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

boxen posted:

They're cool, that's cheap enough I'd be wary. Salt issues? No interior pictures... some of those (maybe just the earlier ones?) had a CRT touchscreen in the dash that probably is non-functional.

It's in Florida so odds are salt problems are unlikely but it's possible if it came from another state.

If it wasn't too far away I'd be tempted to look at it, and if the interior was nice I'd be tempted to buy it and fix the ABS issue.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Weird thing about the Reatta (and for some sick reason I love them) is you'll find them in the oddest places...

Like giant world wide auction type settings.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Only if it's the one with the CRT

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Weird thing about the Reatta (and for some sick reason I love them) is you'll find them in the oddest places...

Like giant world wide auction type settings.

There are two here in town that are MINT. And I see another up north that probably hasn't moved in years.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
A college buddy of mine had one in the early-mid 2000s, I remember it seeming pretty sweet. He had put some sort of big stereo in it, there's a suprising amount of cargo room since they don't have back seats (his didn't, anyway) and still have a trunk. Their one downfall in my mind is they're front-wheel drive, but they do have the pretty great GM 90-degree V6, although they were never offered with the supercharged versions.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Godzilla07 posted:

Time to see what the "invested" keyword dredges up:

All, that, and not a V8. Why would you pour all of that into a V6 model of a car that commonly had a V8 available? I mean, still not the most fantastic even with a V8, but I would drive a 300C Hemi as a daily.

Oh, dang, would. There would have to be something *really* wrong with it to not buy at that price.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Darchangel posted:

All, that, and not a V8. Why would you pour all of that into a V6 model of a car that commonly had a V8 available? I mean, still not the most fantastic even with a V8, but I would drive a 300C Hemi as a daily.

Trash like that is ALWAYS a base model. Well maybe like 95% of the time.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
And it's old enough that it's the old poo poo V6 they inherited from the LH cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There used to be a shop that did poo poo like that and the work was very lovely up close. They also offered a predatory payment plan where you basically signed over the car to them until it was paid off.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rhyno posted:

There are two here in town that are MINT. And I see another up north that probably hasn't moved in years.

There’s an old Buick dealer building around here that has a Reatta and a GN still in the showroom. Been there as long as I’ve known my wife, so over 20 years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

There’s an old Buick dealer building around here that has a Reatta and a GN still in the showroom. Been there as long as I’ve known my wife, so over 20 years.

WHAT.

Go take pictures!

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

beep-beep car is go posted:

I had a person I did IT support for at an old job that had a gigantic dealership style framed photo of one of these on her wall. I finally asked "Why a Buick Reatta?"
"Oh, when I first got started in the industry my boss drove one and I fell in love with the design and decided one day I'd own one, but this photo is as close as I can get"
"....you know, they're not too expensive right?"
"WHAT?"
*gets on Craigslist, finds a good shape one for 5 grand*
"See? Five grand and you're living the dream!"
And last I knew she bought one and loves it.

I love this story :3:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/206162433771276/

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Imagine how bad his house smells.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Not gonna lie - the Fiberfab could be a fun car. Hop up the Corvair engine a bit.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Those ads should be a warning to all AI posters.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/d/arnoldsville-9c3-police-lumina-street/7068815139.html
An invisible blandmobile... yet... cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. But then the guy goes on and on about it and everything on the Internet is a lie. Hmm.

https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/d/lawrenceville-1997-nissan-hardbody/7079810233.html
Y'know what else is hard :v:

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/greer-cadillac-seville/7079129312.html
Forget the outside, it's fine, just look at that gatdam seat. The geriatric's chariot is mint as gently caress

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 22, 2020

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/gresham-1989-dodge-shelby-pickup/7080482180.html

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Darchangel posted:

I unironically like those tattoos, but I'm a nerd with very little, if any, taste, so...

They look cool when done well, but sadly they are difficult to execute, or so it seems from the prevalence of terrible ones I've seen. And/or the ones where the revealed circuits/gears don't make any attempt at logical sense so you're forced to assume the dude is the product of Cyberdyne's My First Terminator project

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Friar Zucchini posted:

https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/d/arnoldsville-9c3-police-lumina-street/7068815139.html
An invisible blandmobile... yet... cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. But then the guy goes on and on about it and everything on the Internet is a lie. Hmm.

I’ve seen another one in Canada equipped this way. Digital Dash, Bucket Recaro Seats, but had a column shift oddly enough.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Friar Zucchini posted:

Turd blandmobile or not, I love low run variants like this for some reason. Guess I'll be the boomer on VR-craigslist in 40 years going on and on about the same.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The Lumina LTZ was the same thing, only slightly less bland looking.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

gently caress you, I live close enough to buy that, but I don't have the space.

Lookit that drat thing.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

FB Marketplace but still...

Even as a Honda fanboy I can’t understand this price. Sure it’s completely stock and low miles but it still seems like a crack pipe price.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

May be a little high but I bet it'd go for that on BAT. There have to be like single digits of those things that haven't been wrecked or modded into the ground.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yeah...Imma take that brand new civic for only a few bucks more.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I mean, it's got a B16A-something, so that's pretty cool. Drawing attention to the lack of front bumper and hood VIN tags apropos of nothing makes me think that it's not nearly as clean as the seller wants it to be, but ~$9500 sounds about right if there wasn't actually a crash

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The people that want a car like that from that era will pay it. Those that don't understand won't.

Lots of people would take a new Civic over that, but there are some people that can not stand new cars at all. Those are the people I sell Land Cruisers to.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

KakerMix posted:

The people that want a car like that from that era will pay it. Those that don't understand won't.

Lots of people would take a new Civic over that, but there are some people that can not stand new cars at all. Those are the people I sell Land Cruisers to.

I’m all about Hondas, and I love ones of that vintage but I think that it’s worth $9500 at best. I have a new Civic Si, an ‘02 Si, and an S2000. That thing is encroaching on the price I paid for my S2000, which has lower mileage than the black Si. I might shoot the guy a message and see how flexible he really is.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I’m all about Hondas, and I love ones of that vintage but I think that it’s worth $9500 at best. I have a new Civic Si, an ‘02 Si, and an S2000. That thing is encroaching on the price I paid for my S2000, which has lower mileage than the black Si. I might shoot the guy a message and see how flexible he really is.

I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT. You ignorant savage.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

I'm heading in that direction. I thought for sure I wanted a new car and was thoroughly disappointed by every one I test drove.

The new Civic was actually the one I liked the most, but I couldn't justify spending 22k on one when I felt my 2013 xB was just as good if not better in some aspects.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I seem to be seeing more and more that people are starting to become a sort of neo-old man, in that they go "lol that poo poo isn't worth that!!!" ignorant of what the rest of the market is doing. Yeah man, people are paying 20 grand for Land Cruiser 80s now, SW20s are going for 35 grand and NSXs are into the 70+ range. Not to imply that's what is going on here, but the 80s and 90s Japanese stuff is rocketing upward in value. You're obviously interested in that Civic, enough to wonder if you could get it for less. Now imagine you want it just the same, but you live in the Bay area of California, have a bunch of money. Suddenly that isn't much money at all and hey, you can have one of the very few clean examples left in the USA! Bring a Trailer is cool, well I'll have you know I just bought this 2000 Honda Civic Coupe Si, yeah it's a real one. So what makes it special is FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT suddenly everyone is on Bring a Trailer talking about how it is both worth and not worth whatever it sells for.

I've said this multiple times already but if you go see what kids today are lusting over car wise in Instagram, what do you see? Goddamn jelly bean Tauruses, PT Cruisers, Hummer H2s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

TBH, the mean time to failure on jellybean Taurii transmissions means that mint ones are indeed as rare as hen's teeth.