Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

You’re probably right since it’s a Lindelof joint, lmao

Perhaps it will be redeemed when it ends with everyone except the movie characters raptured, or that Doctor Manhattan is behind everything, or everything gets doused in black goo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

I believe it's a centrist "everyone's stupid" thing.
It's something like a group of rich liberals get so fed up with people believing Pizzagate style conspiracy theories that they go "Fine! Yup! You want to believe that's who we are? You got it!" and kidnap, then hunt conservative social media nuts. It turns out the main protagonist lady's there because of a name mix up, so your POV character is some normie who's not engaged in extreme political leanings, trying to survive the dangerous kooks on b-b-b-BOTH SIDES.

Oh, it's a South Park version of The Purge?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

And More posted:

I don't know why Germany changed the title, either.
1. Hitler came to power in '33.
2. 69 days makes it more obvious what the movie is about if you don't remember the story.
3. Nice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Color me intrigued...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY6Yqq6kBxs

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

That is a beautiful poster.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah, how do I own a copy, because I'm not having any luck finding a place that sells it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah, how do I own a copy, because I'm not having any luck finding a place that sells it.

The movie will be getting a one-week run at one theater in Kyoto later this month. They might have posters at the screenings?

You could DM them but their Twitter is all in Japanese so I don't know if they'd be able to respond to English DMs https://twitter.com/Howlfromthefog

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It was lenticular, too.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
When I was a kid, one time my dad somehow picked that movie out from the video rental because he caught it from the Joyful Snowman angle, and assumed that it was the Michael Keaton children's film. Took it home for us to watch and he figured it out when it opened up on a guy dying horrifically in a liquid nitrogen accident.

Thinking back, although I don't remember surely the opening movie trailers should have been whatever they bundled into r-rated horror tapes and have been the real tell.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm pretty sure Jack Frost also rapes a woman with a carrot dick because I guess that was funny in the 90s.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm sorry to say that I used to always put those movies next to one another when I was renting at my local Blockbuster or any video store I happened to be in.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm pretty sure Jack Frost also rapes a woman with a carrot dick because I guess that was funny in the 90s.

The woman was played by Shannon Elizabeth in her film debut

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 20, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

At the end of the movie does he walk into a house and melt into a kid that eats Campbell’s soup?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is a real 4:45 on Friday afternoon poster

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

I don't care.

'An Armando Iannucci Film'

I'm in.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

meet the spy is being made into a feature film?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh no my childhood

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i'm pretty sure EGE_RickX is a gamertag, not a last name

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
"Dixie Egerickx"

Where do they find these names

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Boring poster but the trailer got me crazy hyped.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YrDQ18P9x4

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

ruddiger posted:

Boring poster but the trailer got me crazy hyped.

Yeah it looks like it's going to be a good horror film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pso0Aj_cTh0

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

OptimusShr posted:

Yeah it looks like it's going to be a good horror film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pso0Aj_cTh0

I wonder if that's one of those movies that would be better served by a different title. Having Elizabeth Moss in "Dead Boyfriend" only to have it turn into an Invisible Man movie when you realize she's not going crazy could have been a dusk till dawn level mindfuck.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AFewBricksShy posted:

I wonder if that's one of those movies that would be better served by a different title. Having Elizabeth Moss in "Dead Boyfriend" only to have it turn into an Invisible Man movie when you realize she's not going crazy could have been a dusk till dawn level mindfuck.

I think that's the kind of twist which would lead to things being hurled at the screen. It worked in From Dusk Till Dawn because the menace was always real, you just didn't know where it came from. It works in the other direction - Cabinet of Dr Caligari did it 100 years ago, and more recently Candyman. But taking a movie selling itself as a mental health drama and turning it into a horror halfway through is a different kettle of fish.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

OptimusShr posted:

The wacky last will clause is dumb though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
One step away from that Carrie poster.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Dare to say his name: Candyman June

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
YOU
WILL
KNOW
HER HIS
NAME

CARRIEMAN

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The description I read for this made it seem like it isn't a remake and instead will be a continuation of the story while also dealing with the fact that the original place that he haunted no longer exists.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

too many jedi

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That sure is a bunch of people holding laser swords.

Sir Lemming posted:

Dare to say his name: Candyman June

Sung like Basketball Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

muscles like this! posted:

The description I read for this made it seem like it isn't a remake and instead will be a continuation of the story while also dealing with the fact that the original place that he haunted no longer exists.

It'll be interesting because at the moment no one knows who is playing Candyman. Tony Todd has denied its him (I think he's probably lying about that). I'm all for it if he doesn't get seen until the movie.