Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Also I have about 100L in Sydney of 10+% beer

Hey Laserface - do you drink beer? I need to offload some and it's the least I can do for the fridge

yeah I do. 10% seems....strong?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:eyepop:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thats a deal in anyones book

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Now im rich I got alot of rub n tug temptations

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

yeah I do. 10% seems....strong?

They're all strong lol

There's some Belgian quadrupel (13%) that was aged in Yalumba Shiraz barrels, there's some various imperial stouts (16%) that had different aging treatments (I think a JD barrel was involved in one batch) and I think there's some barleywine left that got french oak

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
That all sounds dope as hell but no wonder brewing is expensive for you if you’re picking up wooden barrels all the time that poo poo is expensive

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

They're all strong lol

There's some Belgian quadrupel (13%) that was aged in Yalumba Shiraz barrels, there's some various imperial stouts (16%) that had different aging treatments (I think a JD barrel was involved in one batch) and I think there's some barleywine left that got french oak

Im cool with it, I'll just take a bunch of it to a party and not tell anyone its 10% and see how long it takes before everyones dead.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

That all sounds dope as hell but no wonder brewing is expensive for you if you’re picking up wooden barrels all the time that poo poo is expensive

$200 for a 100l barrel that had 98 point Shiraz in it is a good deal imo, we put 250L through it and had 2x 20L kegs on at my mate's wedding. We went halves in it.

The others are all shared barrels or oak chips/spirals that I got or the brewing club got in for the various projects

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

Im cool with it, I'll just take a bunch of it to a party and not tell anyone its 10% and see how long it takes before everyones dead.

I remember a mate losing his front after drinking a pint of the quadrupel (we had one batch that hit about 17% somehow, good brew day) in about 10 mins. I mean drinking 6 ish standard drinks in the space of 10 mins will probably have that effect

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

McSpergin posted:

$200 for a 100l barrel that had 98 point Shiraz in it is a good deal imo

Honestly yeah for sure I spent enough time barrel aging cocktails in a waistcoat that I can appreciate it’s addition to the process and acknowledge that it’s a solid way to soften something without just burying its character but I’m at a point in my life now where I’m never gonna have the wood barrels section of gumtree bookmarked I’m a plastic drum straight into the bottle man for life or at least until I can find someone to apprentice me in coopering and then I become insanely successful and get sick buy back rates from local wineries and distilleries and then I wake up covered in cum

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

This is your brain on NVJ

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Workplace Nicknames

Tag your go to's

Dick toucher is my new go to, chief is an old favourite as is cobba

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i'm hog daddy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I want to say I’m ‘cinnamon’ but I’ve never heard it before so I’m worried it’s a cheeky racial slur

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Had a Tugboat at one place I worked

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jestery posted:

This is your brain on NVJ

i would eat this twisty

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Scooter here.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Isaac posted:

Had a Tugboat at one place I worked

I’ve known a couple of tuggers but not a tugboat

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Big nuts

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ive always called my superiors Boss. I think i picked it up from Metal Gear

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

Ribs dont really break like traditional bones. they tend to splinter like snapping a tooth pick.

source: I have broken almost all of my ribs (snowboarding, not coughing)

Same. (ribs).

What's with the Bong Pillow?

My mate used to have a tube near the fishtank that you'd have to blow through to exhaust the fumes through the window. Kinda worked.

Why could you not get like some activated charcoal, cut the neighbours hose, fill hose and then exhale through it?

:350:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Here we can see the milk crate ( Caja-norco Australus) in its natural habitat, hiding from predators in the long grass, it's camoflauge appearing to leave something to be desired. However what it lacks in plumage it more than makes up for in sturdiness and versatility.

In some time the local potheads will return be whether they have the motivation to collect Caja-norco remains to be seen

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Given them the ol Slippery Pete

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I called the men’s mental health line today bc that whole dude setting his kids on fire and then all the conversations around it that followed really made me realise I have a lot of anger issues I’m barely dealing with in normal talk therapy and I thought reaching out to some men’s groups that focus on anger management and support for that would be really good and I got referred to a men’s group that meets weekly at the jimboomba McDonald’s

Now I’m sure it’s good but I’m just concerned that the main places people get the poo poo kicked out of them around here are maccas carparks so it seems so weird but maybe it’s more hands on than I expected, I’m just worried about rocking up to a fight club expecting something very different

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Learnt today that it isn't worth delegating tasks at work. Set one of the other teachers up to write a teaching program for the unit of work I'm running this year. What I received was a steaming pile of poo poo that doesn't go with any of the other poo poo that I've done for the project. Looks like I'll have to cook up a program by the end of the week so that it makes sense and gets the boss of my back for a bit.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The supportive buff guys on computers meme has maybe given me a false sense of how much I can rely on people with huge chiselled torsos and massive arms for good advice

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Learnt today that it isn't worth delegating tasks at work. Set one of the other teachers up to write a teaching program for the unit of work I'm running this year. What I received was a steaming pile of poo poo that doesn't go with any of the other poo poo that I've done for the project. Looks like I'll have to cook up a program by the end of the week so that it makes sense and gets the boss of my back for a bit.

I treat work like group assignments at uni and just do everything myself coz I know if I let other people touch it it'll be garbage and wrong.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Airstream Driver posted:

I treat work like group assignments at uni and just do everything myself coz I know if I let other people touch it it'll be garbage and wrong.

I've already spent a large majority of my non teaching time getting poo poo ready to go which because I decided I wanted to vacuum form a part and laser cut a majority of the rest. I also know the idiot I punted the program off onto doesn't like technology so every single laser cutter file has to be plug and play. In additon to that I've set all of the class work and all they had to do was follow the class work to create a program.

By the time I teach the same unit of work next term poo poo will be tight and sorted which will make my life hugely easier but atm it's making my work life poo poo and affecting my ability to do the rest of my job properly.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The supportive buff guys on computers meme has maybe given me a false sense of how much I can rely on people with huge chiselled torsos and massive arms for good advice

The people on the internet look strange and contorted

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Those are cartoons I think

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Or procedurally generated pictures of people, like in bots of New York

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Sounds like they have freight trains running over the mountains again after the track washed away in the rain. Passenger trains aren’t supposed to start again till next Monday or so.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Or procedurally generated pictures of people, like in bots of New York

https://www.thiswaifudoesnotexist.net/

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Here we can see the milk crate ( Caja-norco Australus) in its natural habitat, hiding from predators in the long grass, it's camoflauge appearing to leave something to be desired. However what it lacks in plumage it more than makes up for in sturdiness and versatility.

In some time the local potheads will return be whether they have the motivation to collect Caja-norco remains to be seen

Is there a Sir David Attenborough app?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow posted:

Is there a Sir David Attenborough app?

gently caress off Tugger

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

gently caress off Tugger

Ease up champ

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Went out to "pick up some machined parts" for work via the Weber dealer to suss out the master series kettle. I'm sold on it once I've moved. It has this removable centre grille that has other parts that fit in, like a big heavy enamelled cast iron sear plate, a wok, pizza stone and then it has this diffuser for smoking. Sold af.

Actually went there because they're a Yeti distributor, so I picked up a half gallon drink bottle :discourse: on company time

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

gently caress off Tugger

"The Protei-5 (Протей-5) is a small Russian one-man diver propulsion vehicle often used by Russian commando frogmen. It is battery electric powered, using six non-sealed lead–acid batteries. It clips on under the diver with a clip over each shoulder and one up between his legs. Its casing is aluminium. It was intended to be clipped onto the outside of a submarine; near the operation site the frogmen would airlock out underwater and unhitch their Protei 5's and ride them to the operation site. It seems to have been intended to be ridden fast and far rather than for complicated maneuvering.

The Russian for this sort of "diver-carrying vehicle" is буксировщик buksirovshchik = "tugger".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My old oval office neighbour that’s teaching me to weld calls me Barney bc my backyard is covered in rubble

I am unclear if it is meant to be derisive bc his yard has way more poo poo than mine but he also does a lot more productive things with his yard full of poo poo