Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

These two screaming lovers got picked up by another magazine it seems to the romcom continues with the volume cranked up to 11.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:perfect:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Idgi

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Me neither.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I think it's a line of salt to keep the demonic manga they don't like at bay?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Looks like it was pretty ineffective considering how stomped-on it looks and all the breaks in the line.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Apparently that quintuplet manga has ended? I saw the [END] mark on the latest chapter on Mangadex.

Was anyone still following it? I've dropped off like four or five months ago.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mikl posted:

Apparently that quintuplet manga has ended? I saw the [END] mark on the latest chapter on Mangadex.

Was anyone still following it? I've dropped off like four or five months ago.

It has its own thread.

It mostly seemed to just be lost potential overall. Ultimately so much of it was build up for the ~Mystery of who he chooses~ that there wasn't actually a whole lot of actual romance?

It also did the interminable thing so many of these stories do where actually they met as small children and formed an amazing bond that they totally forgot about for 10 years before it becomes the most important thing in their lives again for some reason?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, the Love Hina Special. :nallears:

gently caress that.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

All harem should be required end with fully-bisexual polyamory with many of all genders. :colbert:

Or can at least one do it? :ohdear:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think that's what one did...the guy had some kind of super-Satan demon lord power and a harem of girls after him and he marries all of them at the end? I didn't read it so I don't remember the name of it though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

gently caress that.

best hina is haruka

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

best hina is haruka
Well yeah she does. :)

Like I get that they do this whole "Who will they choose?" brouhaha so that people keep tuning in week-to-week/month-to-month and cheer for whoever's their fave, but if you, as an author, already planned to have a pick, loving go ahead and at least show them dating/kissing/banging before the final chapter. Break some loving hearts, if it's needed. Like for everything I loved about My Monster Secret, I thought it was going to do the same dumb poo poo, but surprise! They actually start dating and then we get to see them dating for a whole 2 years of serialisation before the end of the dadgum manga! How cool is that?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Wark Say posted:

gently caress that.

In some ways its even worse than Love Hina because its not even like a marriage promise/friendship, its literally just 'hey we played together and you were nice to me for a day when we were young'

and that somehow becomes a driving force for like a dozen chapters as the sisters lie about which one of them was the one he met (and gets stupid complicated in flashbacks as we learn different sisters hung out with him during different parts of the day anyways and he never realized they weren't the same person and)

ugh

also the instant the main couple gets together there's fake drama, then an immediate flash forward to the wedding where the sisters pull some incredibly dumb bullshit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, believe you me. I read it

Quoting my reaction:

Wark Say posted:

I'm okay with this ending as it is. It's done. We're done. Yay.
This is the post of a broken goon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think Love Hina was pretty clear about who would win from the start, and the childhood promise thing was largely irrelevant. They were also together for like 2 volumes before the end.

Everything Burrito posted:

I think that's what one did...the guy had some kind of super-Satan demon lord power and a harem of girls after him and he marries all of them at the end? I didn't read it so I don't remember the name of it though.

High School dxd? I know it had demon girls at least.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I forget that Naru actually confesses before the end and even Motoko (the Samurai Girl? I think it's Motoko) gets jealous of seeing them making out.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
best i can say about love hina is that it wasn't bad so i enjoyed reading it, but by far the best thing that came out of that whole project was the hinata girls.

fake edit: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1925382

real edit: video's out of sync lmao

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

D. Ebdrup posted:

All harem should be required end with fully-bisexual polyamory with many of all genders. :colbert:

Or can at least one do it? :ohdear:

Ah, you mean Bakarina.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Motoko writes steamy romance novels about swordswomen who kill the bride at the wedding and take the groom, it's a powerful ending.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
An approach Renjo Desperado might end up having to take...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

These two screaming lovers got picked up by another magazine it seems to the romcom continues with the volume cranked up to 11. The recent chapters posted are just hold overs from earlier.

It still mystifies me how that was more than a one shot.

Do you know how much self hypnosis it takes to get yourself to blush every time some pretty boy flashes a smile?

...What?

Zore posted:

It has its own thread.

It mostly seemed to just be lost potential overall. Ultimately so much of it was build up for the ~Mystery of who he chooses~ that there wasn't actually a whole lot of actual romance?

It also did the interminable thing so many of these stories do where actually they met as small children and formed an amazing bond that they totally forgot about for 10 years before it becomes the most important thing in their lives again for some reason?

The other issue I had is that for all the mystery they... Didn't really have much mystery either?

Like, there weren't really any good clues being dropped or anything.

chumbler posted:

I think Love Hina was pretty clear about who would win from the start, and the childhood promise thing was largely irrelevant. They were also together for like 2 volumes before the end.

High School dxd? I know it had demon girls at least.

Is highschool dxd over?

And Idk, Arifureta?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

A Girl Whose Breasts are a Little Big and is Kinda Pretty

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That's an incredibly bad name for what seems like a goofy yuri manga.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
How does it compare to the author's other work, Breasts Are My Favorite Things in the World!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
konbu wakame does it again!

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

LibrarianCroaker posted:

How does it compare to the author's other work, Breasts Are My Favorite Things in the World!

Time will tell.

Oppai Ichiban Suki at least developed from a clueless girl obsessed with boobs into a cast of breast obsessives slowly realizing they're just super gay.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this one seems more powerful already

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

One shots aside, doesn't Konbu Wakame have like 4 things running concurrently? Or are we just seeing scans of completed stuff.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Julias posted:

That's an incredibly bad name for what seems like a goofy yuri manga.

Manga title conventions these days are just a bummer

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Baron Snow posted:

I think it's a line of salt to keep the demonic manga they don't like at bay?

they don't like the people who post about it

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Just found Run Away With Me, Girl and it is so rough. I need this to have a happy ending so badly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Motto posted:

they don't like the people who post about it
the ignore function exists for just such a reason, it turns out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
me yelling at my computer like its an alexa

SHOUJO THREAD, IGNORE LOUD COUPLE POSTS

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
We all have our "Siri, kill Jenna!" moments.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Windowsill salt aside, it's been a while and a couple of chapters but Destroy all Humankind continues it's slow march towards the end of the world. On top of the card nostalgia I enjoy the side cast, which more or less makes or breaks a romcoms for me. The adults are a welcome group but I do have to question the logic in the recent chapter recent chapter of Inviting a couple middle schoolers to a mixer. It's a chill event but still. There's still no romance greater than bromance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Just found Run Away With Me, Girl and it is so rough. I need this to have a happy ending so badly.
good news, we just posted a new chapter of it

content warning: (please note the abuse tag)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

good news, we just posted a new chapter of it

content warning: (please note the abuse tag)

gently caress