Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

She died too.

So who teaches Bart? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Question about these bidets:

Just how powerful is the stream of water? I have this idea in my head that they are basically a water fountain-level of force, maybe a bit more. Because, just speaking from my own experience, if I'm taking the type of poo poo where I feel like plain ol' dry TP ain't gonna cut it (insert the old joke about trying to clean peanut butter off a carpet here), then a teeny-tiny stream of water ain't gonna cut it. My rear end will get wet, and now I just have a wet and lovely brown eye. And if I try to then use TP, it will just shred to pieces and now I have a wet, lovely rear end in a top hat covered in TP pieces. So are you supposed to just drip-dry?

Those type of shits practically require a shower, where I can use a full force massaging shower head to blast in there, you know what I mean?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Just how powerful is the stream of water? I have this idea in my head that they are basically a water fountain-level of force, maybe a bit more. Because, just speaking from my own experience, if I'm taking the type of poo poo where I feel like plain ol' dry TP ain't gonna cut it (insert the old joke about trying to clean peanut butter off a carpet here), then a teeny-tiny stream of water ain't gonna cut it. My rear end will get wet, and now I just have a wet and lovely brown eye. And if I try to then use TP, it will just shred to pieces and now I have a wet, lovely rear end in a top hat covered in TP pieces. So are you supposed to just drip-dry?

Those type of shits practically require a shower, where I can use a full force massaging shower head to blast in there, you know what I mean?

If I turn mine on full force, there is pain and the fear of damaging the soft tissue of my an*s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

So who teaches Bart? :colbert:

Actually, Flanders.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Actually, Flanders.

That’s dumb. Who runs the Leftorium???

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It went out of business.

Really though, after Marcia Wallace died a few years ago apparently they've mostly avoided doing stuff in Bart's class but the few times they did were guest stars, until they made Flanders the teacher.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Aphrodite posted:

It went out of business.

Makes sense, it was going downhill fast ever since The Leftopolis moved in next door.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

A proper bidet should blast a stream of water that just barely makes it out your mouth. It shouldn’t spray out of your mouth, it should only drip steadily.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/M42QzoR.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's a one-time thing, it'll clean you for sure but you've gotta save it for the time you really need it 'cause there's no going back.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

DrBouvenstein posted:

Just how powerful is the stream of water?

It depends on your water pressure, of course, but mine at full force would probably kill me.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

gschmidl posted:

It depends on your water pressure, of course, but mine at full force would probably kill me.

But what a way to go

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Usually varies between sink sprayer to waterpik

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
You can risk your rear end, if it’s your *.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Questionable lyricism itt time. Just in case you missed this super pro click elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/1232137286868856833

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Inceltown posted:

Questionable lyricism itt time. Just in case you missed this super pro click elsewhere.
Absolute pro click. I kind of came here to post this. I've watched it several times already and I'm about to watch it again. :allears:

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

zedprime posted:

I'm realizing even if space physicists do a lot of drugs they're still relatively straight laced in naming things. If a biologist discovered black holes they'd have been called mass holes instead.

Astronomers are loving terrible at names, but I’m glad that “black hole” caught on instead of the 1960s-era nomenclature of “Schwarzschild throats”.

The paper I’m thinking of as a prominent example probably wasn’t the only one to use that terminology, but it’s a fairly important one as I believe it was the first to show that actively accreting supermassive black holes are the most likely explanation for quasars. It’s Lynden-Bell, 1969, in Nature thus behind a paywall :eng99:, but worth it purely for the hilariously cumbersome throat/swallowing metaphors.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/1232137286868856833

Oh hey that's the 21st September guy!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"horde" and relations in european languages aren't some derogatory latin term for a mass of people, it comes from steppe languages and got introduced to Europe at the tip of a mongol arrow.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"horde" and relations in european languages aren't some derogatory latin term for a mass of people, it comes from steppe languages and got introduced to Europe at the tip of a mongol arrow.

Holy crap! I never knew that!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Pneub posted:

My dad can't drink lemon flavored anything because he had two colonoscopies and the gallon of rocket-diarreah stuff he had to chug before both of them was lemon-flavored.

This is one of the only things that sets my stomach off. I have a generally ironclad stomach, purposely fermented foods and something left out overnight do nothing to agitate my guts. A big dumb pile of beans makes me fart but causes no medical stress.

But when a food has artificial pineapple flavor, I just... INSTANTLY, before the food even reaches my stomach, go into full gastrointestinal evacuation mode.

My gallon of poo poo-yourself juice before a colonoscopy was artificial pineapple flavored. It's been 8 years and I still still can't even eat a tiny piece of artificial pineapple flavored candy. My GI system goes on high alert and extradites EVERYTHING out of the nearest body hole.

It is not even on the same level of puke/vomit flu symptoms. That specific flavor makes me puke and poo poo until my diaphragm muscles and ribs hurt. I've never puked hard enough to burst a blood vessel in my eye, but artificial pineapple makes me puke so hard that my eyes are super bloodshot. I look stoned to the bone afterwards.

I am grateful that the human genome has some really active "STOP EATING THIS ITS BAD YOU WILL DIE" code in it. That's good for continued existence. Doesn't make it suck any less when it goes wrong.

The thread appropriate "you just figured out" part of this post is that I spent several years not knowing what my body had become averse to. I went on all kinds of restricted diets: low carb, no carb, gluten free, etc. but I only recently connected the dots and realized that artificial pineapple is the specific thing that sets it off.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
The past week I've played multiple hours of Crying Suns, a sci-fi roguelike where you play a character who's brought back to life multiple times in order to save his house and it's empire.

I just noticed the main character's name is Idaho.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Beartaco posted:

The past week I've played multiple hours of Crying Suns, a sci-fi roguelike where you play a character who's brought back to life multiple times in order to save his house and it's empire.

I just noticed the main character's name is Idaho.

that game has a toooooon of references like that. its also very good

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

https://store.steampowered.com/app/873940/Crying_Suns/

gently caress, I'm sold!

e: I regret. It's very pretty, but the gameplay sucks :/

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Feb 29, 2020

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hyperlynx posted:

Holy crap! I never knew that!

I was wondering about that yesterday while I was playing Civ6, cool.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, same deal with everyone who thought the AC/DC song was "Dirty Deeds...THUNDER CHIEF!"

Like...obviously that makes no sense with the whole chorus:

"Dirty deeds and they're Thunder Chief, dirty deeds and they're Thunder Chief"
?

But misheard lyrics aren't rational, especially with so many songs have nonsense lyrics anyway.

It's actually Dirty Pete and the Thunder Jeep

he sounds like a cool guy with a cool car

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

WITCHCRAFT posted:

It's actually Dirty Pete and the Thunder Jeep

he sounds like a cool guy with a cool car

No matter who it is, I wonder how he gets any of that poo poo done when he's "always home".

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Dirty deets and the dunder chief.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hurling meats and the chunder beef

Like when you get a bad gyro from a dodgy street stand

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Thirty thieves and a thunder chief.

Y'know the kinda dudes who do all sorts of crimes... THUNDER CHIEF.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's the guy who's been thunderstriking everyone.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shifty Nipples posted:

Dirty deets and the dunder chief.

This was written prophetically about Trump Impeachment. I'm ready for my late night monologue writing gig

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

WITCHCRAFT posted:

This is one of the only things that sets my stomach off. I have a generally ironclad stomach, purposely fermented foods and something left out overnight do nothing to agitate my guts. A big dumb pile of beans makes me fart but causes no medical stress.

But when a food has artificial pineapple flavor, I just... INSTANTLY, before the food even reaches my stomach, go into full gastrointestinal evacuation mode...

Same for me, but frozen concentrated lemonade. I had a puking illness 30 years ago and my brain cannot disconnect. My dad has the same problem with macaroons.

Once it's stuck in your head, it won't leave. I have the same problem with Andes mints that hotels leave on your pillow. I don't know why, but something bad must have happened when I was too young to remember. Even the thought of them makes me want to vomit. Not the smell, just the thought.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I had the same issue with carrots, baby carrots had been my favorite snack as a kid, and after a bad bout of the flu And some painfully orange vomit I just couldn’t eat them anymore without gagging.

I finally got over it like twenty years later. It helps that carrots don’t have a strong flavor like some things goons have purgative reactions to.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

I have a BioBidet that I got for like $20, it has a knob that clicks at the different levels; I always have to warn guests to go slow because the levels escalate quickly. I don't even know how far the knob can turn after a certain point, but judging by the label it is something like:
1: "Is the faucet dripping?"
2: Sprayer thing pops out but mostly just gurgles water
3: A gentle water fountain-level stream, good for soothing after spicy food
4: Someone stuck gum in the water fountain
5: Oops my toilet gave me an enema
6: Powerwash your driveway
???
Final Level: Self-Destruct

To contribute to lyric chat, when I was really little I thought "Hungry Eyes" was "Hungry rear end." This is made worse by the fact that I thought "rear end" meant "penis" because it was a person's private part that others would threaten to kick.

Friend has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Mar 2, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bringing it back to bad food stuff for a moment:

You know those crappy automatic coffee machines they have at 7-11/Plaid Pantry?

They seem to always have a Butterfinger latte abomination and if I have even a sip of that delicious, disgusting slop I will poo poo out my whole skeleton within 10 minutes.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inzombiac posted:

Bringing it back to bad food stuff for a moment:

You know those crappy automatic coffee machines they have at 7-11/Plaid Pantry?

They seem to always have a Butterfinger latte abomination and if I have even a sip of that delicious, disgusting slop I will poo poo out my whole skeleton within 10 minutes.

In the southwest they have a mexican-style hot cocoa (name varies via brand) from those things. Its mexican authenticity is shall we say, dubious but it is either surprisingly decent or fires my nostalgia tastebuds hard.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In the southwest they have a mexican-style hot cocoa (name varies via brand) from those things. Its mexican authenticity is shall we say, dubious but it is either surprisingly decent or fires my nostalgia tastebuds hard.

Abuelita? Ibarra?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

The 2014 film Predestination is just an adaption of the Heinlein story All You Zombies, and that's what everyone was talking about when they were saying it has trans themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a really good movie too