Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

stab posted:

Yes? Also you haven't seen my posting, this isn't histrionics. You should really see me riled up

you should probably talk to a therapist. also this is the third year in a row montreal is going in with double digit picks, which i prefer over having 5 in several years, or 2011 when they had no picks in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DJExile posted:

A lot of the rest of the division either has plenty of space (Lumbus) or were missing big pieces. The optimist (never be optimistic) way to look at it is to say they're pretty happy with what they've got.

CBJ has both space and missing (lots of) pieces, which is part of the problem. Once Jones went down, their ridiculous defensive depth was injured to the point where a guy like Ryan Murray or David Savard wasn't expendable anymore.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

The Dirty Burger posted:

Weird move for pitts, Kahun fit in well

He's RFA and Pitt probably can't afford to keep him with McCann, Murray, and Jarry all up for deals too.

Ginette Reno posted:

What the gently caress? I really liked Kahun. I don't like this deal by the Pens at all.

Clearing cap and moving 1 solid player for Sheary (who I still like and rate) and Rodriguez who has decent fancies and helps push AHL players out of the line up.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nill finally landed what the team really needs, SOME loving SCORING DEPTH FFS a throwaway pick!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
With these moves I wonder if Bjugstad is moved for a defenseman of some kind.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Stiev Awt posted:

you should probably talk to a therapist. also this is the third year in a row montreal is going in with double digit picks, which i prefer over having 5 in several years, or 2011 when they had no picks in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Thanks doc. Carry on.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

He's RFA and Pitt probably can't afford to keep him with McCann, Murray, and Jarry all up for deals too.

Clearing cap and moving 1 solid player for Sheary (who I still like and rate) and Rodriguez who has decent fancies and helps push AHL players out of the line up.

Yeah tbh I don't think I'm all that upset about this trade. It's slightly puzzling but like... they're in Win Now mode and Sheary is good and they really need depth. I don't think there were any good defensemen to get this year? It didn't seem like Rutherford wanted to anyway which seems a bit odd.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

With these moves I wonder if Bjugstad is moved for a defenseman of some kind.

Today or in the offseason? I think he's still hurt right?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
JR is just moving through the Shero timeline very quickly. He picked the old veteran wearing number 12 and moved right on to the “putting the band back together” stage. But I’ll gladly take Sheary over Scuderi in a reunion tour.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Look Around You posted:

Rodrigues is apparently good fancy stats wise according to Micah?

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1232024236845338625

He only had like 10 points this season, he bad

Is Kahun a center? We needed a center really badly.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1232029997277335556

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
That would put an end to the Skjei to Carolina speculation I think

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Kahun is a winger, or at least has been playing as one. That context makes him as a throw in on the trade weird though...

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Levitate posted:

I was very intrigued by this.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Levitate posted:

Well, getting a 1st for Skjei did feel a little too good to be true.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Jovial Cow posted:

I was very intrigued by this.

Same but may be the Rangers couldn'teat enough cap space to make it work

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yeah upon reflection it doesn't seem too awful. I just feel about giving up on Kahun. I really liked him and how he fit.

But this certainly adds more depth to the lineup and Sheary has had success with Crosby in the past. So there's that.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He doesn't score much but Rodrigues has good peripherals at least.

As for Kahun, he's not a center. Pretty solid winger who can play on any line though. Very smart player. Skilled too.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Look Around You posted:

Kahun is a winger, or at least has been playing as one. That context makes him as a throw in on the trade weird though...

He has been playing as one in Pittsburgh, but he does also play C. I wouldn't be shocked to see him play center now

e: rumor is Buffalo's not done, either, and with all the cap space they've got I wouldn't be surprised to see one more big move before it all wraps up

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is the guy on the right side of the table with Gerard Gallant Rene BORK?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1232031024588218371

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is this Rodrigues guy a center? How is he at faceoffs? Is he fast? We have guys that can score points

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

myron cope posted:

Is this Rodrigues guy a center? How is he at faceoffs? Is he fast? We have guys that can score points

He’s a center, Buffalo is 31st in the league in faceoffs so bad, he’s fast that’s basically the only good thing I can say about him.

Kahun is probably gonna play center with Skinner & Marcus Johansson. Idk if that’s good or bad.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Gotta be more going around because Carolina doesn't have the cap space to just add him for a pick and a prospect

unless this involves LTIR

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1232031838903918594

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Vegas is ready to admit they have a goaltending problem?!?!?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1232031916636934145

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/status/1232031679558103043

Jarmo's furiously adding words to his essay just before he has to turn it in.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/adam_la2karis/status/1232017918570967043

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I hate hashtagging team slogans in tweets instead of teh name of the team

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ray Ferraro's going to gently caress somebody at TSN up for using that music.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1232032579865497606

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

also incredible that the rangers appear to be finishing the deadline without making any moves at all just re-signing kreider

not even moving fast

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Really can't believe the rangers didnt do a thing.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
this is uh a big mistake by the rangers, i think

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

That’s a great pickup for the VGK. They’ve had tons of problems in net and Subban has been a terrible backup. They have depth everywhere now and this is great for them

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

a false posted:

this is uh a big mistake by the rangers, i think

I don't think it's "big" but I'm not 100% sure what they're doing here. I can only assume tehy feel comfortable not selling because they don't feel it was worth it

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1232032952151871489

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Also it's not like there can't/won't make other trades after the season

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell of a get for Vegas, goddamn

Adbot