Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

isnt there one minigolf game that plays with this idea but goes further to the point of stuff like making a level like superhot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Stux posted:

isnt there one minigolf game that plays with this idea but goes further to the point of stuff like making a level like superhot

Yeah, Everybody's Golf is the name.

VV oh yeah my bad it is What the Golf

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Stux posted:

You're thinking of what the golf, it has different things for basically every hole and yeah the super putt world is really cool.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Super monkey ball does it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Golf games are cool. More Golf games please.

drat Golf is a funny word.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When the heck are we getting Mario Golf Switch

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Games Are Good
but
Gamers Are Bad

Explain the science

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gonna try to get a nice long play session of AI in tonight

Raid season in ffxiv always eats up a good chunk of my gaming time but I absolutely don't want to bounce off of AI it's really good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sex is good, sexhavers are bad, it’s hardly unique to games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SeXReX posted:

https://twitter.com/thegamecurator/status/1231986404571394048?s=19

This one looks like if you got way too high and tried to play a minigolf game, I approve

Cool idea but could use some sarcastic post-millennial raccoons

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

god loving damnit apparently today is a holiday in New Leaf and the peacock guy wants me to catch feathers with my net BUT I STILL DO NOT HAVE A loving NET BECAUSE THE STUPID NOOKLINGS WILL NOT PUT ONE IN THEIR SHOP

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Im a gamer and im good

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

god loving damnit apparently today is a holiday in New Leaf and the peacock guy wants me to catch feathers with my net BUT I STILL DO NOT HAVE A loving NET BECAUSE THE STUPID NOOKLINGS WILL NOT PUT ONE IN THEIR SHOP

I don't think these are the emotions Animal Crossing is meant to invoke.

Might I recommend marijuana?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Kerrzhe posted:

The cold hand of soulless corporate convenience needs to reach Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley style

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

haveblue posted:

donuit county pwns

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

It's gonna own bones when you can just craft one

It currently owns bones watching gamers have meltdowns about that incredibly good change ruining their precious tedium

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 24, 2020

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i like smoking weed

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

donuit county pwns

:hmmyes:

Weedle posted:

i like smoking weed

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Also only one of the racoons is sarcastic??? It's like they didn't even play the game???

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

SeXReX posted:

It currently owns bones watching gamers have meltdowns about that incredibly good change ruining their precious tedium

is this a real thing thats happening

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

What are we talking about here exactly

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

People were upset that crafting is in the new animal crossing game

I can't explain why I don't have brain worms

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Is this about Persona 5 Royal removing the homophobia, or something else? Hard to keep up with what makes gamers mad, but that one was especially spicy.

EDIT oh lol that's a new level of sad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What if they put farming in Animal Crossing

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

What if they put farming in Animal Crossing

Do trees not count? Does land with nothing but fruit trees count as a farm? Hmmmm....

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

People were upset that crafting is in the new animal crossing game

I can't explain why I don't have brain worms

Crafting sucks in most games it's in is probably why but I haven't played one since the Gamecube version and thus have zero feelings on it whatsoever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Usually crafting is just a disguise for grinding

Sometimes it's good though, like in Atelier

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bad crafting turns what could be one button press to get thing into many button presses to get the same thing

Good crafting allows room for surprise, discovery, and expression

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
GOW 2018 had what felt like a pretty tacked-on crafting system that I didn't enjoy

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I mean the entire RPG side of GOW 2018 was pretty tacked on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*cranks up take machine* you want to talk about tacked on RPG crap, let's talk about Control

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah Control's is real bad especially because the game makes zero effort to communicate what the crafting items are/where to find them. You're just getting these random knickknacks the whole game with really vague names.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Relax Or DIE posted:

I mean the entire RPG side of GOW 2018 was pretty tacked on

didn't run into a it a ton but it caused a few instances where I went "am I just not gear-leveled enough for this" when I was getting my rear end kicked and only shaving single pixels off of enemy health bars

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

PantsBandit posted:

Do trees not count? Does land with nothing but fruit trees count as a farm? Hmmmm....

Sim Orchard

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ariong posted:

If you say
This mouth ain’t good enough
I would mail
my teeth
to lift you up
I could change
My mouth
To better suit your mood
Cause you’re so smooth

New Neil Cicierega? :cheeky:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

bushisms.txt posted:

Walk? Dancing with the devil is where it's at

Dancing?

poo poo all this time I've been running. David lee roth you mislead meeeee!

May 8, 2006

haveblue posted:

*cranks up take machine* you want to talk about tacked on RPG crap, let's talk about Control

i loved control and yeah true

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Do onions give you heart burn and make you sleepy too??

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

haveblue posted:

actually the raccoons are capitalists

also Donut County is fun and since i played it for my phone it gave me a bunch of emojis/stickers and those are now the only emojis/stickers i ever use in conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

al-azad posted:

Holy crap, I just tried Lotte Black Black gum and it's like fire through my nostrils. This poo poo is stronger than Fishermen's Friends.

I googled this gum after seeing your post, and after coming across this excellent Amazon product review, I'm thinking I'll give some a try: