Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If it comes up again, you can transfer everything to Home, filter to shiny only and find all of 'em. And then transfer them back.

What's everyone's home organization scheme? I've got four labels so far: 'Living Dex', 'Hidden Ability', Gigantamax', and 'Tradeable'. No need for a Shiny label when there's already a filter for that. The unfortunate thing is that if I transfer all those pokemon from the living dex back into SwSh, they'll lose their labels. I wish there was a way to mass-mark markings so I could filter by Living Dex, and mark them all with a diamond or something.

I guess the alternative is to keep 90% of the pokemon stored on Home and only move them over to SwSh when I need to do some breeding or something. But I was planning on moving them back to SwSh so that I could use the daily missions to get them all up to lv 100, because why the heck not? It's free levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Falathrim posted:

My league card says I've encountered 2 shiny Pokémon and for the life of me I do not know when and where I encountered the second of the two.

It counts evolutions of the shinies

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bobulus posted:

If it comes up again, you can transfer everything to Home, filter to shiny only and find all of 'em. And then transfer them back.

What's everyone's home organization scheme? I've got four labels so far: 'Living Dex', 'Hidden Ability', Gigantamax', and 'Tradeable'. No need for a Shiny label when there's already a filter for that. The unfortunate thing is that if I transfer all those pokemon from the living dex back into SwSh, they'll lose their labels. I wish there was a way to mass-mark markings so I could filter by Living Dex, and mark them all with a diamond or something.

I guess the alternative is to keep 90% of the pokemon stored on Home and only move them over to SwSh when I need to do some breeding or something. But I was planning on moving them back to SwSh so that I could use the daily missions to get them all up to lv 100, because why the heck not? It's free levels.

I have a label for my living dex for each gen- Kanto, Johto, etc. Things that gained an evolution in a later gen get two labels. For instance Pichu gets the Kanto and Johto label. Then I have one for "Tradebait" which is the extra crap I don't want that I shove into Wonder Box or whatnot. I also have a "Gmax" label, for all my Gmaxes, shiny or otherwise. I only put one box worth of 'em in Home so far but I have more. Just haven't tucked them away yet. The bulk of my collection, aside from the living dex, is "Fashion Ball," which is everything in the rare balls: the Apricorn balls from HG/SS plus Dream and Safari Balls. Beast Balls get their own label- "Beast Mode." I have well over a thousand things in these groups...

I keep most of the stuff in Home, withdrawing things as needed for breeding or whatnot. It's nice to have box space again! I like the label system a lot. I just wish there was a way to organize the list of labels. The order mine are in is a real mess and I wish I could change it. If anyone discovers a way to rearrange them I would love them forever!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Nth Doctor posted:

poo poo, I wanna find this kid and make his dreams come true with a duped mew.

I'm tempted to toss up my duped but otherwise Legit cosmogs for just random crap just to make someone's day.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Avalerion posted:

So any idea what went down in that vid? Why did the rhyperion even protect instead of both it and the dusclops attacking for the kill. And I asume the crit at the end didn’t matter and would have koed anyway?

Rhyperior can OHKO TTar but is slower than it. Dusclops can't directly threaten TTar but can Willowisp, in which case I think it can win the 1v1 vs a burned TTar, though it would be a bit risky on both sides.

Since TTar will outspeed and ohko either opposing pokemon, you'd normally target the Rhyperior assuming that you will win a 1v1 against Dusclops, though honestly at that point a burned TTar at -1 attack likely loses the 1v1. If you target the Dusclops and Rhyperior attacked, you just instantly lose.

This means that looking at the turn at a high level, attacking the Dusclops is far less "safe." Knowing that Dusclops vs burned TTar could go either way, her opponent decided to protect Rhyperior and trick room with Dusclops, assuming TTar would try to KO Rhyperior since it was a direct threat. This would have meant the next turn was pretty locked up since at that point Rhyperior goes first and just ohkos the TTar.

Without knowing the calcs off the top of my head, if a burned TTar can actually win the 1v1 against Dusclops at that health range, then Simone's opponent made the only possible play to not lose at that point. If Dusclops can win or it could go either way, then it's more of a judgement call. Either way, Simone predicted that they would go for protecting Rhyperior since that play has a good chance of guaranteeing a win.

It's not not a coinflip, but Pokemon is a double blind simultaneous action game with some amount of hidden information, so coin flips aren't really a proper analogy. It's closer to folding a KQ hand in poker after making a large bet and having an opponent go all in because you read them as having AK or AQ. There's certainly situations where your hand still wins after the flop, and you never know 100% that the opponent has AK or AQ, so in the end there's going to be an element of chance there, but if you've actually been paying attention to how your opponent plays you can intuit that there's a very high chance they're all inning on AK or AQ and therefore you're likely to lose the hand if you call.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

MorningMoon posted:

Explicitly fan feedback opinions.

For the pokemon names they ran a poll and the people watching wanted japanese names. Then when they did the Mewtwo remake, they experimented with attack names and got very positive feedback, so that's where they went for the new season.

Cool! Good to know, thanks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR-Q7PtoMAI

I'm sad this is going to be the best version of the clip, but no Type: Wild :sigh:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Bobulus posted:

I label stuff from Wonder Trades, and then I have a second label for foreign-language mons since there's apparently no filter for them!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Pokémon Home's countdown timer for wonder trades is something like 6 hours after you put your mon in. I don't feel safe wonder trading in SwSh due to that exploit wrecking save files so I'm using the feature in Home instead, but this wait time is some bullshit :colbert:

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR-Q7PtoMAI

I'm sad this is going to be the best version of the clip, but no Type: Wild :sigh:
I always forget that Ash and Pikachu actually do the cupped hands kamehameha pose in that scene.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
At first I hated the six hour wait, but somehow I think if it wasn't there people would be immediately recirculating their Charmanders and Eevees over and over and that's all there'd ever be. Plus I'd never get work done again :(

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Lacrosse posted:

Pokémon Home's countdown timer for wonder trades is something like 6 hours after you put your mon in. I don't feel safe wonder trading in SwSh due to that exploit wrecking save files so I'm using the feature in Home instead, but this wait time is some bullshit :colbert:

Wait, what?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Dienes posted:

Wait, what?

There's an exploit right now where you could get a bad mon in surprise trade and it kills your online capabilities on that save file. There's no known fix at the moment.

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-13-maliciously-crafted-pokemon-sent-over-surprise-trade-can-crash-sword-and-shield

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lacrosse posted:

There's an exploit right now where you could get a bad mon in surprise trade and it kills your online capabilities on that save file. There's no known fix at the moment.

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-13-maliciously-crafted-pokemon-sent-over-surprise-trade-can-crash-sword-and-shield

God forbid they get on that. I've been filling out my pokedex in Ultra sun in the meantime so I can getting on breeding shinies in there.

I loving love wonder/surprise trading so I'm pretty drat irritated with this turn of events so far I gotta say.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
the Shiny den exploit is the one that cheeses me off the most. It used to be a rare and exciting thing to see a shiny. Maybe this is why Nintendo is so famously afraid of the internet

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

prepuce repurposed posted:

the Shiny den exploit is the one that cheeses me off the most. It used to be a rare and exciting thing to see a shiny. Maybe this is why Nintendo is so famously afraid of the internet

I've only seen three shinies in game since it was released. My lowest count yet actually...Granted I'm practically swimming in the things back in Ultra Sun.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Flopsy posted:

I've only seen three shinies in game since it was released. My lowest count yet actually...Granted I'm practically swimming in the things back in Ultra Sun.

Do some max raids. It's a plague of shinies

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I finally got around to transferring my Pokes from Gen5 and up to Bank during the free period, and since I am not paying for premium Home I'm wondering something.

If I finally pay for Pokemon Home down the line after the Bank free month, will I be able to transfer from Bank to Home without ALSO paying a subscription fee for Bank?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Everyone should get affordable access to shinies.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Gutcruncher posted:

I finally got around to transferring my Pokes from Gen5 and up to Bank during the free period, and since I am not paying for premium Home I'm wondering something.

If I finally pay for Pokemon Home down the line after the Bank free month, will I be able to transfer from Bank to Home without ALSO paying a subscription fee for Bank?

No

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

Rhyperior can OHKO TTar but is slower than it. Dusclops can't directly threaten TTar but can Willowisp, in which case I think it can win the 1v1 vs a burned TTar, though it would be a bit risky on both sides.

Since TTar will outspeed and ohko either opposing pokemon, you'd normally target the Rhyperior assuming that you will win a 1v1 against Dusclops, though honestly at that point a burned TTar at -1 attack likely loses the 1v1. If you target the Dusclops and Rhyperior attacked, you just instantly lose.

This means that looking at the turn at a high level, attacking the Dusclops is far less "safe." Knowing that Dusclops vs burned TTar could go either way, her opponent decided to protect Rhyperior and trick room with Dusclops, assuming TTar would try to KO Rhyperior since it was a direct threat. This would have meant the next turn was pretty locked up since at that point Rhyperior goes first and just ohkos the TTar.

Without knowing the calcs off the top of my head, if a burned TTar can actually win the 1v1 against Dusclops at that health range, then Simone's opponent made the only possible play to not lose at that point. If Dusclops can win or it could go either way, then it's more of a judgement call. Either way, Simone predicted that they would go for protecting Rhyperior since that play has a good chance of guaranteeing a win.

It's not not a coinflip, but Pokemon is a double blind simultaneous action game with some amount of hidden information, so coin flips aren't really a proper analogy. It's closer to folding a KQ hand in poker after making a large bet and having an opponent go all in because you read them as having AK or AQ. There's certainly situations where your hand still wins after the flop, and you never know 100% that the opponent has AK or AQ, so in the end there's going to be an element of chance there, but if you've actually been paying attention to how your opponent plays you can intuit that there's a very high chance they're all inning on AK or AQ and therefore you're likely to lose the hand if you call.

This is mostly correct but I think Jason was more likely going for Trick Room so Rhyperior would go first the next two turns. Will o can miss, making it much less safe. As for why they didn't double attack, Dusclops is a utility mon, it doesn't have anything that can kill T tar.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Marx Headroom posted:

Everyone should get affordable access to shinies.

There have been consistent shiny raids from the cool goons on the discord for around 2 months now. I've personally caught 125 unique ones so far and have caught like 8 boxes worth of them. And cool folks like Mizuti/Kakapo catch an absolute ton of dupes for people who have missed out. She's posted in this thread a few times offering them.

This generation is the loving best for shinies. If they haven't fixed the exploit by now and aren't going to, then I'm calling this bug a feature.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://twitter.com/PokemonHome_/status/1232135578029842433?s=20

So it looks like when you deposit a pokemon in home it gets silently tagged with a unique identifier, and if home encounters that ID again it just deletes the pokemon.

So don't clone anything that's touched home, also don't evolve ninjask.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
genius

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I've done at least a hundred.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kurieg posted:

So it looks like when you deposit a pokemon in home it gets silently tagged with a unique identifier, and if home encounters that ID again it just deletes the pokemon.

Don't touch Home, got it.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Thanks for the pvp effort posts, as someone who’s strategy ends at “ use a buff then hit type advantage” that stuff is interesting to read. :allears:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Kurieg posted:

Glad someone told me about this before I sent my shiny Nincada to home. Maybe Game Freak could invest in some software testers.

I have never seen any shinies in max raids except for the special Magikarp event from a month or so ago. I'm pretty sure it's only "a plague of shinies" if you deliberately seek out communities like the goon discord where they're using the exploit.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Hammerite posted:

I have never seen any shinies in max raids except for the special Magikarp event from a month or so ago. I'm pretty sure it's only "a plague of shinies" if you deliberately seek out communities like the goon discord where they're using the exploit.

I've seen a couple but you're right, it's really not that common if you're not being invited to community raids. It's rare enough that I feel it's a pretty equivalent level of effort to egg farming when you take into account you're not going to be in control of what shows up.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I've literally never seen a shiny spawn in game (not counting Go) that wasn't a fixed event like the Gyarados in GSC, and I've played I don't know how many thousands of hours of pokeymen over the years.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i had a shiny hoothoot/noctowl on my silver cart and that's been all

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Totem Pokemon loving suck

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ungulateman posted:

Totem Pokemon loving suck

Stop posting, Masuda, and let us put them in HOME.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

... They can't go into Home?

Edit: oh, I was thinking of the tapus. Brainfart.

cats
May 11, 2009
I've randomly stumbled into maybe half a dozen shiny raids, not counting the Magikarp event - mostly G-Maxes, all of which I failed to catch, and then a shiny Goodra which I caught :kimchi:

The other day I caught my second ever wild shiny, a Wingull in Ultra Sun, within the first ~20 minutes of the game.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Picked up a used Alpha Sapphire yesterday that's clearly been hacked (999 cherish balls, LoR Floette, etc) but it also has some legit looking Mythics. OT, ID, encounter info all check out, they've got the proper ribbon and ball too. Is there anything else to check that might identify a Pokemon as hacked? Hacked but indistinguishable doesn't bother me, but I'm not going to take the effort to save a identifiably hacked one.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

ItBreathes posted:

Picked up a used Alpha Sapphire yesterday that's clearly been hacked (999 cherish balls, LoR Floette, etc) but it also has some legit looking Mythics. OT, ID, encounter info all check out, they've got the proper ribbon and ball too. Is there anything else to check that might identify a Pokemon as hacked? Hacked but indistinguishable doesn't bother me, but I'm not going to take the effort to save a identifiably hacked one.

If Bank allows you to transfer it, then it's good in every way the games care about. They were probably generated from duplicated mystery gift data.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gruckles posted:

If Bank allows you to transfer it, then it's good in every way the games care about. They were probably generated from duplicated mystery gift data.

Not strictly true.

I got bored and started loving around this weekend with pkgen on a modded 3DS, managed to import an entire livingdex of lvl 1 everything's into US, then they happily went into the bank, then they happily went into home.

Home won't let me trade or offer any of them up (throws a generic error message) but will let me move them into SwSh as long as that species is eligible to be transferred anyway.

Bank legality detection is spotty.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Gruckles posted:

Not quite. I have more than several hacked shiny legendaries that Bank allowed in and transferred to Home, but Home will not allow to be traded. Cloned legit legendaries have been fine.

E: f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I forgot about Bank, makes saving any/all of them pretty easy, might as well see if I can keep the obvious fakes too at that point, unless there's some problem with trying to upload hacked mons besides rejection.

The 3DS Pokemon ecosystem is going to suffer greatly when they shut Bank down :(