Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
1. Robocop
2. Robocop
3. Mahanagar
4. Robocop
5. Robocop
6. Robocop
7. Robocop
8. Robocop
9. Robocop
10. Videodrome

e: two extremely kickass snipes in a row from me, watermelongun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

persona maybe or mulholland suck maybe or brigher summer day maybe or somethin lke that

Brighter sucker day

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rushmore, Inside Llewyn Davis, The Master, Mulholland Drive, Ikiru

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Just took another Bong rip, this time Mother. Real good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

If I'm going with the movie I've seen the most times it's absolutely Cool Runnings lol

Oh in that case either Road House or Demolition Man

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 25, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Sister Act 2

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

On in that case either Road House or Demolition Man

Hello friend

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is the greatest, thank you for this gift.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Waynes World
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Crank
The Crow
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Matilda
Gone in 60 Seconds (remake)
Gremlins 2
In the Name of the Father
The Craft

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Rushmore, Inside Llewyn Davis, The Master, Mulholland Drive, Ikiru

Ikiru rules

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Everything the light touches is your kingdom.

Congrats on the textile factory.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Halloween (1978)
Aliens
A Night at the Opera
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Writer Cath posted:

Everything the light touches is your kingdom.

Congrats on the textile factory.

Good neck on that dog :hai:

Good dog in general :haibrow:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I encountered this on a thirty minute walk and I would like to share it with you all. It is the sign for a local ice rink.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

I encountered this on a thirty minute walk and I would like to share it with you all. It is the sign for a local ice rink.

drat they just put a frank ocean tracklist on a sign

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

My favorite movie used to be As Good As It Gets and now it's been like 17 years since I watched it and I'm deathly afraid it's bad.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/UXza2zmk4GU

This is my new favorite movie. It's also free on Prime.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I think my favorite movie is Blues Brothers because I can find very little fault in it and love it a ton. It is nowhere near my most watched movie though.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The movie I’ve seen the most is Ravenous.

I didn’t mention Ravenous before. Ravenous is great. I’ve seen it so much one time during a drug trip with friends another friend asked to mute the movie because he didn’t want to hear the sounds and I still narrated it word for word to another friend—and that was ten years ago.

I’ll probably not watch Ravenous for a few years. I watched it twice this year and the second time I just did chores.

Halloween is catching up because I watch it at least once a year.

Beerfest and/or Super Troopers are probably up there because I drank alone and capped off nights by watching them and I drank a loving lot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved Ravenous and I'm so sad it basically seemed to vanish into the ether almost as soon as it came out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was really into Freaked when I was 12. It's so loving 90s

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

my favourite movie ever since being 2 years old has been Terminator 2

shoutout to Shaman Of Cum, I've got a 50k word thesis on Mulholland Drive and Persona on an old hard drive

rounding out top 5 (though this has been in no order other than T2) would be Millennium Actress and Freddy Got Fingered

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mine was also Blues Brothers, but Landis is yikes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

shoutout to Shaman Of Cum, I've got a 50k word thesis on Mulholland Drive and Persona on an old hard drive

lol yeah there's a lot there. ive written maybe 2k words, most of them just saying "good" over and over with some, u know, sense of self, crises of human nature bla bla bla all in there somewhere. persona's so perfect fugck

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Robocop.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Captain Magic posted:

The movie I’ve seen the most is Ravenous.

I didn’t mention Ravenous before. Ravenous is great. I’ve seen it so much one time during a drug trip with friends another friend asked to mute the movie because he didn’t want to hear the sounds and I still narrated it word for word to another friend—and that was ten years ago.

I’ll probably not watch Ravenous for a few years. I watched it twice this year and the second time I just did chores.

Halloween is catching up because I watch it at least once a year.

Beerfest and/or Super Troopers are probably up there because I drank alone and capped off nights by watching them and I drank a loving lot.

I love Ravenous. It's Guy Pierce in a Donner Party situation with an incredible soundtrack.

My favourite movies are the Before trilogy with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 25, 2020

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

My groups of friends is very wide and diverse in terms of movie tastes but for some reason every single one of us loves two movies - Ski School and Beerfest. Beerfest is the perfect example of a dumb quotable comedy with several moments of brilliance.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

My favourite movies are the Before trilogy with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.

:hf:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shivers- I like the idea of a biotech guy taking his work home with him and not exercising correct quarantine protocols. Its the kind of cautionary tale that should be taught in schools.

Truman Show- another one of those 'mask off the 50s utopia' show except its got Jim Carrey. I also regard Pleasantville highly(mostly for the orgasm jokes)

Seven Samurai-nuff said

Das Boot- there are a lot of submarine movies. And they're all terrible. this one really captures the sheer anxiety of being trapped in a tin can under water.

Fort Apache The Bronx- It very politely tells you the truth about america's approach to policing. Yes Virginia, ACAB, even the one Paul Newman plays.

The Final Comedown- great companion to the above movie. And its got Billy Dee Williams. And music by Grant Green. Blaxploitation at its finest.

YellowBrickRoad- another one of those "idiots go into the woods and lose their poo poo" movies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_invisible_man_2020 90% after 30 reviews

My Saturday tickets were already bought, I've been looking forward to this for a while, but still very nice to see others love it so far too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this whole thread is just great poo poo

https://twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/status/1232397549211987968

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1232441896921784321?s=19

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Miss, I'm gonna' have to ask you to remove your camping chair, pony keg, and kiddie pool from the parking lot of the cell phone store.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Is anyone interested in the movie I'm going to watch tonight? Yes? YOu are?!?! it's "Tthe birds" by notorious harasser and poo poo head mothafucka alfred hitchsuck. i neva seen it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like the part with the birds

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m gonna watch the four hour Hamlet tonight.

Watched the “To be or not to be” soliloquy like six times for class; got me in the mood for some ham.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Better Call Saul is back and it's already very good

Edit: Oh poo poo two episodes in the first week? Awesome

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Edit: Oh poo poo two episodes in the first week? Awesome
Oh, poo poo! I forgot! Now I have something to watch when I inevitably get so frustrated at the debate that I have to tap out.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Captain Magic posted:

I’m gonna watch the four hour Hamlet tonight.

Watched the “To be or not to be” soliloquy like six times for class; got me in the mood for some ham.

i like olivier's hamlet but if im gonna watch shakespeare on film i'll watch welles crap if i have my Druthers
e; never seen kenny's though

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Conan the Barbarian
Total Recall
Terminator 1 & 2
Predator
Commando

What I'm saying is that Arnold is our greatest living actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

In my opinion? That movie really is for the birds